The "Waiting for the Next Giveaway" Speakeasy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peyton where do you enter. I know I am within driving of both PA and NYC. I entered both places, Philly one year and NYC the other. I think that Philly I did better in. I know our club goes and judges both NYC and Philly. I might go steward there this year, I will see.

red wine barrel. What would you put in it? ...

I agree a Saison wold be good. other styles I've had in wine Barrels are Golden ale (but is was a Chardonnay barrel), Belgium triple/Quad go well with red wine, some stouts could work - the only Red wine barrel aged stouts I've had are, Sierra-Nevada's Narwhal, and Stone's Russian Imperial stout.

The other wine barrel aged I've had are all Brett or sours.

They say philly and nyc are the 2 highest entry location s

At dealership getting a few recalls done.

Never do this on a saturday.

I had a red wine belgian the other day from a denver brewery it was good. Cool to hear you guys enter competitions.

I had a red wine belgian the other day from a denver brewery it was good. Cool to hear you guys enter competitions.

I do appreciate the feedback so theres that. Plus I feel like when I go to the club with beer I have they drink it but never really get any feedback. I would appreciate it if they said, this beer is not good. But they never do...

I also like it when I get a medal or two. So far I got 3 medals....one for a Gose' that placed first place, I think it needed more tart and salt though. The 3rd for a cherry cider. Then I got 3rd for a witbeer. The wit was extract when I rebrewed it all grain I never entered it but it was better.

We actually drank it all before I could enter a comp/

This new world blonde ale I have brewing I am gonna bring on a snowboard trip to ME but before I do I am gonna bottle a six pack and hold that for a comp or two. Gonna try the maple syrup method on here.

My buddy grabbed some Hazy Bastard from bluepoint. I hope they distribute it but I think it's brewery release only

Brought my blonde ale up today to raise the temp a little probably take a gravity reading tomorrow. I used wlp 051 they say it's longer to finish so I will see how it's doing.

Seems like fermentation is starting again. I hope it didn't stall due to cold basement temps

sometimes if I move the fermenter around or when I add dry-hops I'll get some off-gassing that looks like fermentation restarted. also raising the temp will cause some off-gassing.

Check the gravity in a few days.

I happened to check it yesterday after it was up for a couple days up here. Gravity at about 1.012 was supposed to finish at 1.014 so I am letting it sit over the weekend and Kegging on monday.

So racked the blonde ale to a keg today. I got the keg during black friday never really looked it over. They said it was clean with new orings. It wasn't 100% clean and the orings were nasty old.

Oh well it was only $22 I think so I cleaned it more and had some extra orings and changed them out its now carbing up. This is going to ski March 3rd if there's any left. It sure is tasty.

Also our club is getting a bare and putting in an imperial saison. Should be good except I didn't realize that it has 14 spots and only fills for 12....I hope my beer makes the cut.

Hey fellas. Been awhile. Been working on projects around that house, so haven't had much time to post. Only been in the house a few months, so tons of stuff to do. :)

There's a thread here that is for a New England IPA that I want to do. Looks really good. I think I will do that after the Dead Ringer.

I've had a few really good ones from breweries around this area. Particularly a couple from SingleCut Beersmiths. Good stuff.

I only have 1 keg at the moment. Hoping to buy a couple more from a local place. Then I can build a keezer.

I have the plans for a fermentation chamber. I just haven't built it yet. I'm happy to send it to you if you like. Pretty straight forward.

I have the plans for a fermentation chamber. I just haven't built it yet. I'm happy to send it to you if you like. Pretty straight forward.

Is it without a freezer style? If so sure I'll take a look.

Was thinking of making a kind of ice box one with that thick insulation in a woOden box with fans and all.

There's a guy in our club that has his chamber set up over his keezer and has fans that suck up air from keeper to cool the chamber.

So leaving Thursday afternoon for a snowboard trip to maine. Any good stops I should make on way home. Gonna try to hit up Allagash on sunday as they open.

Latest posts

Back