The "Waiting for the Next Giveaway" Speakeasy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gose came out ok, not as tart as I thought it was gonna be might add a hibiscus tea and see what happens....

Thinking of picking up the cereal killer. Anyone use it or anything else?

So we did a solera pull on our first barrel I got my 4 gallons. Going to rack to some cherry juice today another member added some and it was amaze balls.

The second barrel had a tas ring and he said it was real good and flavorful. That comes out July 9 then transported to another house and northern hopefully refilled with a quad.

@DemonsRun so i put the sour on cherries and some juice too! I noticed that the airlock is sucking air in. The crazy thing is its all been in my basement for the same time. Should I be concerned on the carboy with too much O2 or should I heat a little to maybe kick off fermentation?

I'd only think the airlock would suck-in if the temps dropped, But it gets confusing with barrels, as the barrel warms up the wood expands absorbing more beer, and as the barrel cools it tightens back up. so slight temp variation can help to get the flavors out of the wood.

You could raise the basement temp I don't think that would hurt.

If you are concerned you could also try to purge the head space with C02 and put the airlock back.

I've only barrel aged twice and they were both Stouts.

I'd only think the airlock would suck-in if the temps dropped, But it gets confusing with barrels, as the barrel warms up the wood expands absorbing more beer, and as the barrel cools it tightens back up. so slight temp variation can help to get the flavors out of the wood.

You could raise the basement temp I don't think that would hurt.

If you are concerned you could also try to purge the head space with C02 and put the airlock back.

I've only barrel aged twice and they were both Stouts.

This was pulled from the barrel at another guys house then I racked onto cherries in a glass carboy. I am just letting it go and figure it should balance out at some point.

So when we empty the red wine barrel we got we have to move it to another members house then are gonna refill it with a quad.

The only downside is my wife got a new job and we move to The Philly area by Sept 1....so looks like I will come back to grab my share when it's ready.

How did the move go? :mug:

So we made it to philly. Unfortunately we are living with the inlaws as we can't seem to find a house we can get before being outbid or go through a horror of inspection. So I search for a job for myself and look for houses as well. Fingers crossed we find something soon.

Hey Keno,

Glad to hear from you. I hear ya about living with the in-laws. Been there, done that. Not a fan, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Fingers crossed for your job and house search! It took us a while too.

Allan--

Hey Keno,

Glad to hear from you. I hear ya about living with the in-laws. Been there, done that. Not a fan, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Fingers crossed for your job and house search! It took us a while too.

Allan--

Allan-

The good thing is I am about 20 mins from tired hands so I will have access to some tasty beer !! I am also looking to see if tired hands needs help but so far nothing of interest

yQ9YMFv.jpg

FvgLDTc.jpg

Should be new brew and glass shop!!!

Also White labs has a release for London Fog on the vault. It went from 200 ti 20 in about 2 days. Getting in on this the end of Sept, yup a week ago, it went into first run production. This time I was able to grab a vial.

Nice!! Good things come to those that wait! But don't let something pass you by. :)

I see some excellent brew days in your near future. Not to mention your excellent glass work.

Happy thoughts to you and your family!! :mug:

Back