The "Waiting for the Next Giveaway" Speakeasy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I need to ramp this saison upto 80 so picked up a fermwrap and have it set to my inkbird....I hope by morning it will be on its way up. I also added a heating blanket to aid in the rise.

I love this thread, sorry i haven't posted in a while. I have been buying and selling speakers and have been out of grain waaaay to long.

Good luck to all those who entered NHC NY. Next weekend I might go help judge or steward Philly.

I will be attending the blue point cask festival it will be the 14th one and most likely last at this location. They are moving and upgrading, guess InBev wants more craft beer. Been going for last 5 yrs it's a blast!!

Tried to get a lottery ticket for the ANTEAD from kane brewing but didn't win. Oh well saved myself 150$ at least.

Filled our homebrew club red wine barrel today. 12 brewers 60 gallons of an Imperial saison into a Kendall Jackson red wine barrel

That looks awesome! I've wondered where to get barrels, but then I don't do larger than 5 gallons, so I'd have to downsize big time! As a side note, I wanted to start my next cider, but ran out of nutrient. Could I go without, or just wait till tomorrow and stop at the brew store on the way home?

It will sit in barrel at least 3 months but no more then 6. Unless it goes sour. But we steamed the inside to try to kill any unwanted friends.

That looks awesome! I've wondered where to get barrels, but then I don't do larger than 5 gallons, so I'd have to downsize big time! As a side note, I wanted to start my next cider, but ran out of nutrient. Could I go without, or just wait till tomorrow and stop at the brew store on the way home?

I live close to a barrel supplier so we got it there. They do sell smaller ines as well. 15, 10 and fivers. I think next winter I am getting as fiver for a stout.

Also I wouldnt stress on the nutrient. The cider should be fine even wothout it

So we ordered work shirts for the club. We are getting our logo in color on a tan shirt. Should be sweet!!

Looks like we also might do a group buy of some cryo-hops. I want lb of mosaic!!

Had an interesting time with my Tilt. It stopped working 2 days into fermentation. Went through everything as to what it could be. Fished it out of the fermenter and found that the battery had died. Replaced the battery and now back in business. Lost 2 days of data and the readings are a bit off.

Did a tare before I dropped it into the fermenter, but the readings were so bad I had to clear the set point. I will have to guess when it is done and take a sample to read with the hydrometer.

I also found a can of sap and Julius. So there's that for tonight.

It just happens this is our half way point on the way to NH so it works out perfect!!

Thursday I received "WLP 925 High Pressure Lager Yeast" from the White Lab Yeast Vault, So I made a quick Spunding valve and have started brewing an IPL to test out the yeast.

"Ferment at room temperature (62-68°F) under 1.0 bar (14.7 PSI) until final gravity is obtained, generally in one week."

Yes the Hops may hide any off flavors created by fermenting at room temp so it's not a great test of just the yeast, but it seems like the short ferment and Lager would lend well to an IPL.

Made gose' on thursday, u think it's finished already. I will taste it later today and check it out.

Made it out to Long Island this weekend!!! At the Cask Festival had some real tasty beers!! Barrier brewing is awesome, Tanto. Sand City had some good beers too. Overall it was real impressive stuff. Held it together pretty good as well and first year not hung over!!

Now to get a clone for that Tanto!!

So do any of you guys have a basic recipe you use for a pale ale, then add more grain and hops for a IPA or DIPA?

And soon I will have some cryohops to experiment with.

Back