The "Waiting for the Next Giveaway" Speakeasy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenoglass

Not only do I brew but I play ukulele!
Reaction score
So I thought I would start this for anyone who pushed the Blichmann to the 10K mark and want to continue to talk to each other so we don't clog up the sponsor showcase area.

Lets have some fun!!!!

I got this as an outline from another site I goto and made a bunch of friends so why not try it here.

1) Make witty comments about the things other people have posted in your absence

2) Post comment or two about things currently on your mind

3) GO OVER TO THE INTRODUCE YOURSELF FORUM AND WELCOME NEW PEOPLE TO HBT.

4) Browse the other forums to make sure you aren't missing out on good, non related stuff to here.

5) Come back here and see what you missed.

6) Go to 1 and repeat as necessary.

7) Be Nice as well.

K Run Information:

A race to the next thousandth number of thread post. See the number in the black band it might be white? Some of us fools will attempt to get the 7000th post. Even hundredth posts (example 6400) are cool and numbers like 6666 are fought for as are numbers like 6543. A person who "snipes" a run is the person who sits back during a run (runs are usually only conducted to hundredths and thousandths) and pounces at the last minute to "snipe" the number. Going back and deleting a post to get a "K" is frowned upon and discouraged.

@DemonsRun @applescrap @harrke @allanmorgan and anyone else!!! Here is a start!

@madscientist451 not sure you want to hear that.....

Sweet DemonsRun I think the others will cone soon...

Today us another rest day in hopes I can start back to work on Monday...

Hope sick kids #1 doesn't pass around anything.

BTW I am Ken as well feel free to call me Keno so harrke and I don't get confused.

I'll subscribe. You guys are silly and entertaining;) Are we giving away our stuff to each other every thousand posts?

What are you donating?? A Blichmann beer gun??

For me last year I just started all grain and am doing BIAB. So if I got that breweasy I would have some stuff but not real good stuff

I used to brew back in 93 and I felt so alone as I knew nobody that did it. The brews hop I went to was about 1 hr away and I had no clue and did extract with hops added I am sure because I never remember adding hops. After 3 failed batches I gave up. Then about 3.5 yrs ago I said I should brew again. Started extract until last December, now I just started to keg so there's that now.

I'm in! Will post more after I pick up my daughter from college. Heading out to pick her up now.

That would be fun but I hope if someone gets a k post then there is nothing to giveaway and then they get all mad...just don't want that to happen. But yea if someone wants to donate something to a particular 1000 post then have at it.

On the other site it was that we would brag and go on about winning whatever k post it was all in good fun. And still is.

I got back back into this about three years after a long break. The first year I did maybe 6 ten gallon batches total. But now I'm brewing just about every other weekend and have done 62 small 3.5 gallon Batches on the Zymatic, and probably every other month I'll do a 10 gallon Batch on my RIMS setup. Maybe 78 batches in the past 3 year at home, and a 7bbl brew at the local Rock Bottom brewery. + this year I started Barrel aging the larger batches.

Good Morning all! I've got a 15-or-so Gallon kettle with ball valve and sight glass that I will never use. I could set that up for the 10000th post ( what do you figure? Two weeks?).

I'd have to figure out shipping. Not sure what that would cost.

Wow ken, thats nice of you to do. Glad everyone came by!! Although I shouldn't go out I need to shop and since I'm home off work I will give my ankle a test run today.

It's already 10 here so you're an hour late.

Peyton that's way more then I brew. So many of my buddies don't like quality beer so I drink most of it and I brew 5 gallon batches.

I went to the smaller batches to be able to try more. I have a few friends that Love most of my beer. can't have a hit with everything. But most are all bartenders So I tend to Bottle off the Keg and distribute out.

Good Morning all! I've got a 15-or-so Gallon kettle with ball valve and sight glass that I will never use. I could set that up for the 10000th post ( what do you figure? Two weeks?).

I'd have to figure out shipping. Not sure what that would cost.

That would be cool! I'm sure I can dig up some smaller items. Stuff is kind of buried at the moment. I'm working on it.

Do we have to be friendly here?

Or post pictures?

What about rotting meat experiments?

Is this where we talk about hiding keys?

Do we pick up unused hobbies here?

Aren't there threads like this already?

More importantly, do we really have to be nice?

Can we bring back /f50 while we're at it?

Please?

Glad I got a chance to meet all of you guys. And I'm using "guys" in a general way, as I don't know if any of you are women. :D

Been brewing for just under two years. All grain from the beginning. I just thought that was how it was done. Come to find out the most people start with extract and move up to all grain or biab.

I've only done a couple of extract batches. Did really care for them all that much. I have a couple extracts waiting to go in by basement. Not sure if I will actually do them or toss them out.

And yes, as my handle shows, I really am Allan. :mug:

Keno, I know you were kidding before, but I'm attaching this photo anyway. I can actually posts pics on this thread.

IMG_1817.jpg

Nice pints and extra swag they sent!!! Thats killer!

Almost time to pick up the spawn. Luckily my wife will be home for the second school so I dont have to worry about going there. Due to the cold they are having an indoor release of kids. So you have to go to a special spot and get your kid instead of just waiting out front.

Almost time to pick up the spawn. Luckily my wife will be home for the second school so I dont have to worry about going there. Due to the cold they are having an indoor release of kids. So you have to go to a special spot and get your kid instead of just waiting out front.

Your postgame seems strong, like you've done this before :rockin:

Stopping for a few groceries before we get snowed in. Just a few minutes before home. The two boys are fine. Gonna be a great Christmas. TTFN.

Latest posts

Back