Fellowship of the Drink XXIX: Doug E. Fresh(beer) - Every Body Got 2 Get Some

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would always choose @afrolou if that was an option!!

Here is who you chose/are shipping to...get after it!

Who You Selected:
orionol73 selected pshankstar
Thorrak selected aharri1
duncan.brown selected fourfarthing
aharri1 selected duncan.brown
jerbrew selected orionol73
fourfarthing selected jerbrew
pshankstar selected CrookedLaker
CrookedLaker selected Thorrak

Who Selected You:
pshankstar was selected by orionol73
aharri1 was selected by Thorrak
fourfarthing was selected by duncan.brown
duncan.brown was selected by aharri1
orionol73 was selected by jerbrew
jerbrew was selected by fourfarthing
CrookedLaker was selected by pshankstar
Thorrak was selected by CrookedLaker

Someone got a visit from Doug yesterday!!!
Yes indeed they did!

IMG_5401.jpeg

I’ve got the beer in the fridge now, and the stickers pending attachment to the beer hauler (cooler). Thanks again for the amazing box - really looking forward to getting into these!

Yes indeed they did!

View attachment 819159

I’ve got the beer in the fridge now, and the stickers pending attachment to the beer hauler (cooler). Thanks again for the amazing box - really looking forward to getting into these!
Sweet! All of the magnanimous beers were canned in the middle of February so I would probably hit those first! That's one of my favorite places in Tampa

Doug delivered quite possibly the most efficiently packed box of beer I e ever seen courtesy of @pshankstar
What a box man, thank you!!
View attachment 819193
I have to say I was pretty impressed myself but was a bit nervous. I’m glad it all arrived safely!

Now the crowler from Crafty’s is the brewery that supports our HB club. It was supposed to be their Obeah Coffee Porter, but when I was boxing everything up I noticed it was labeled something else. Please let me know if it’s a coffee Porter or not, I think it was labeled Dark Star which is just a standard stout. Crafty’s makes some solid classic style beers!

Copper Leaf just celebrated their two year anniversary. A good friend and fellow home brewer went pro and started Copper Leaf. He makes some delicious beers too.

I hope all the beer is new to you! Cheers!

I can't blame it on Doug, I grabbed fresh beer and haven't dropped it off yet. 🙃 This week!
Haha it wasn’t directed at you, I promise. I was expecting to see some posts while in England last week and was surprised there wasn’t any.
No rush either. My beer fridge died while I was away too. Trying to figure out a replacement solution.

Haha it wasn’t directed at you, I promise. I was expecting to see some posts while in England last week and was surprised there wasn’t any.
No rush either. My beer fridge died while I was away too. Trying to figure out a replacement solution.
I'm happy to store some of it for you if you need help

No guarantees you'll get it back, though

Thanks @duncan.brown UPS was on point today and delivered this 30 minutes ago! I have had some of the main beers but not all of those. Thank you so much! I've never had any buried acorn. I'm excited to try that! They're all in the refrigerator! I'm going to drink the IPAs from oldest to newest date
PXL_20230610_154900563.jpg
PXL_20230610_154919978.jpg

Little Whale Boat is my favorite IPA that is not Pliny. The Coop sells out in 24 hours when they get it in! Buried Acorn is a local brewery that specializes in sours and barrel aged beers. I don’t think they distribute outside the local area. Watch out for Satan’s Little Helper!

In light of some recent news, I will take over running the swap for the next round. Sadly, per @DrGMG , aharri1 passed away yesterday. :(

Although I mostly knew him through his participation in the Fellowship, every interaction that I had with him was positive, and showed him to be an enthusiastic, fun-loving person. He was a frequent participant in both the FotHB and Fellowship of the Drink, and his absence is one that will be sorely felt. Our heart goes out to his family, friends, and @DrGMG .

In light of some recent news, I will take over running the swap for the next round. Sadly, per @DrGMG , aharri1 passed away yesterday. :(

Although I mostly knew him through his participation in the Fellowship, every interaction that I had with him was positive, and showed him to be an enthusiastic, fun-loving person. He was a frequent participant in both the FotHB and Fellowship of the Drink, and his absence is one that will be sorely felt. Our heart goes out to his family, friends, and @DrGMG .
I am at a loss of words!! I’ve only known him through HBT but he will be sorely missed.
Here’s to @aharri1’s family, friends and @DrGMG !!!

Attachments

• IMG_1275.jpeg
    IMG_1275.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back