Sour Swap #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And that's actually a sour mash raspberry Berliner Weisse. The Southern Tier labels just really don't like to come off.

Enjoy!

That would be an excellent surprise next fall.. Crack a pumking and get a raspberry Berliner! I almost wish you didn't tell him haha

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just got another early morning delivery from FedEx that consisted of 2(!!) ridiculous boxes from splattsmier!! So it is safe to say that there was no need whatsoever to send the 2nd box that contained extras because all of my dreams came true while opening the 1st box! The best part about it all is that yesterday I scored a bada$$ Jk wine glass from indytruks in the bMaw and had planned on putting up an ISO for some proper beer for it this weekend. No need for that now!

The sours
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396620477.554942.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396620491.407704.jpg
The extras
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396620523.448567.jpg

JK Vie en Rose
JK Ambree
JK Montmorency vs Balaton
Prairie Somewhere
St Arnold Boiler Room
Rodenbach Grand Cru Anno 1821

Real Ale Blakkr
Real Ale DIPA
Southern Star Buried Hatchet
HB Apfelwein
HB Bourbon Vanilla Imp Porter

Thank you so much!!! This is perfect!!! I really love TX after the last 2 days :)

Please tell me if there's something more I should know on the homebrews.

Sent from my Commodore64

Amazing box from Portland just arrived! Never had any of these .....cant wait to get started! Thanks again!

Ching Ching - Bend Brewing Company
Grassroots Arctic Saison - Grassroots Brewing
Seizoen - Logsdon Farmhouse Ales
Seizoen Bretta - Logsdon Farmhouse Ales
Devil's Kriek - Double Mountain Brewery
Tahoma Kriek - Double Mountain Brewery
Workhorse IPA - Laurelwood Public House & Brewery
Outcast IPA - Crux Fermentation Project
Sweet Heat - Burnside Brewing Co.

IMG_20140404_102816.jpg

IMG_20140404_102824.jpg

IMG_20140404_102831.jpg

Amazing box from Portland just arrived! Never had any of these .....cant wait to get started! Thanks again!

Ching Ching - Bend Brewing Company
Grassroots Arctic Saison - Grassroots Brewing
Seizoen - Logsdon Farmhouse Ales
Seizoen Bretta - Logsdon Farmhouse Ales
Devil's Kriek - Double Mountain Brewery
Tahoma Kriek - Double Mountain Brewery
Workhorse IPA - Laurelwood Public House & Brewery
Outcast IPA - Crux Fermentation Project
Sweet Heat - Burnside Brewing Co.

Hope you enjoy them. Forgot what I sent, not a bad box.

So... Mikey wins the Sour swap! Can't believe how much beers he sent. Very generous. Excited to try all of these!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396642340.629539.jpgKumquats!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396642358.488881.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1396642400.659923.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1396642412.722402.jpg

Holy ****!

I'm not sure exactly what just happened, but I think I need to sit down. My head is spinning.

Best I can tell, I think Texas may have just bombed Pennsylvania, although I thought we were on the same side.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396642171.648734.jpg
I'll let you do your own math, but that's about as much sour funky goodness anybody's ever going to cram in one box:

Prairie Ale
Prairie Standard
Prairie Funky Galaxy
Prairie Somewhere
Prairie Vanilla Noir
Prairie Coffee Noir

*takes giant breath*

JK El Cedro
JK Commercial Suicide
JK Noble King
JK Ambrée
JK Vie en Rose

*nother giant breath*

St Arnold Boiler Room Berliner Weisse
Community Mosaic IPA
Community Mosaic IPA (yes, 2x)
Ranger Creek Small Batch Series no. 6

And the most anonymous bottle of homebrew possible.

Unbelievable hit. Thanks Kevin! If I can manage to find a bottle opener amidst all this rubble, I may actually drink one of these.

:mug:

Oh yeah...forgot to label that one. It's a berliner Indy and I brewed. First batch, not as tart as we were looking for but still easy drinking. Glad it all arrived safe - enjoy! Cheers!

Holy S guys those are some monster boxes!

Anything land in MN yet? Can't believe I'll need to wait TWO days to unbox after it arrives!

Oh yeah...forgot to label that one. It's a berliner Indy and I brewed. First batch, not as tart as we were looking for but still easy drinking. Glad it all arrived safe - enjoy! Cheers!

Right on. Can't wait to try it. Thanks. Great box!

Just got another early morning delivery from FedEx that consisted of 2(!!) ridiculous boxes from splattsmier!! So it is safe to say that there was no need whatsoever to send the 2nd box that contained extras because all of my dreams came true while opening the 1st box! The best part about it all is that yesterday I scored a bada$$ Jk wine glass from indytruks in the bMaw and had planned on putting up an ISO for some proper beer for it this weekend. No need for that now!

The sours
View attachment 190764
View attachment 190765
The extras
View attachment 190766

JK Vie en Rose
JK Ambree
JK Montmorency vs Balaton
Prairie Somewhere
St Arnold Boiler Room
Rodenbach Grand Cru Anno 1821

Real Ale Blakkr
Real Ale DIPA
Southern Star Buried Hatchet
HB Apfelwein
HB Bourbon Vanilla Imp Porter

Thank you so much!!! This is perfect!!! I really love TX after the last 2 days :)

Please tell me if there's something more I should know on the homebrews.

Sent from my Commodore64

Give the porter some time for sure, I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't come out all f***ed at this point. That beer was a nightmare from start to finish lol. Enjoy that nitro canned Hatchet, too. You're one of less than 20 people I'd say who has a package of it :rockin: Enjoy the goods bro!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

Noise makers to disguise the swishing if liquid. Igotsand is a baller.

Aha! I put a box of nerds in once for the same reason. FedEx guy dropped the box, returned the unbroken beer and kept the nerds.

Well I might have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to unbox my goods, but in the meantime I stopped by a place just over the border in WI and picked up some New Glarus & some O'so Imperial IPA!

You guys are nuts...
View attachment 191077
View attachment 191078View attachment 191079

Not sure what the 7 bent bottle caps were for, but my god... igotsand killed it.

Glad everything got there! I sometimes go overkill with noise makers, but Ive never had a box returned to me..
My framboise is from 2011 and is ready to drink..that was the hardest to let go...
The bottle top is awesome if you want to drink half of a 750 and drink the other half the next day..
Don't know if you've had alpine, if not you are in for a treat!
Enjoy and thanks for starting this swap!

Glad everything got there! I sometimes go overkill with noise makers, but Ive never had a box returned to me..
My framboise is from 2011 and is ready to drink..that was the hardest to let go...
The bottle top is awesome if you want to drink half of a 750 and drink the other half the next day..
Don't know if you've had alpine, if not you are in for a treat!
Enjoy and thanks for starting this swap!

Thanks man, I'll let you know how the framboise is! These are all new to me. I need to find some friends who like sours to split some of these bottles with. I'm slowly trying to convert my beer loving friends.

Back