Sour Swap #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two_hearted

Reaction score
This is a Sour/Wild beer swap only! There are no local or regional requirements on this one. Just grab some sours that you personally think are tasty and share the love.

Here are the rules for the swap
- Total volume minimum is 60 oz of sour beer.
-Sour beer only. These beers should have souring yeasts/bacteria such as Lactobacillus, Brettanomyces, acetobacter or Pediococcus. 100% Brett beers are fine.
- Extra beer, brewery swag, homebrew, or other weird regional staples are optional but encouraged.
- While you don't need to send local beer, it is highly encouraged to check www.seekabrew.com to see what is distributed to your recipient's locale. Its always nice to try something new!
-PM me your tracking info when shipped!

- You are to ship your box BY March 31st. (I will have you your address by March 14th). -PM me your tracking info when shipped!
- 100 post minimum to be eligible.

NEW MEMBER CLAUSE:
- I will allow 3 exemptions to this so as to allow some newer members entry. However, if you are one of the 3 under the 100 post minimum you will be expected to ship first. The member with your address will not ship until we have word that your package has landed safely. (If you are shipping to someone with over 100 posts you will ship as soon as you have your package ready, like normal)

To get in on the goods!:
Send me a PM that you would like to join. I will respond to you with a link to fill out a google form with your shipping info. Shazaam, you’re in. I will keep all your info private (aside from the dude/lady shipping to you).

I am not going to cap this swap. I will give it a week or so and then I will designate who you are shipping to. After that point, I will take new people on a waitlist. Once the waitlist goes from an odd number to an eve number, boom, I will pair you up. This rolling entry will cease by 3/28 and you MUST ship by the due date of 3/31.

Once I have my list of who ships where, I'll pm each person their address. Keep this secret, it'll make it more fun! You will then be expected to ship your beer, abiding by the rules above. Please pm me your tracking number when shipped. We will all post our awesome hauls when received and enjoy!

Also, don't forget to leave iTrader feedback and don't forget to post pics of your beer!

The forum is not responsible for anyone that abuses this swap, we all take equal risk in participating. Any and all deadbeats who do not ship beer will be sentenced to run the stone gauntlet and will be handed over to the mods for proper shaming.

Shipping
If you're new to shipping "yeast samples", please inquire here. There is a lot of collective knowledge on how to ship with ease. Individually wrap each bottle in bubble wrap, make sure there's no glass on glass action, everything should be immobilized, everything should be put into a thick garbage/compactor bag to contain any spills if beer should break. Don't ship with USPS.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suckers:
1. two_hearted
2. absoluthamm
3. ledhead72486
4. Indytruks138
5. Brewbien
6. Zdbrown1
7. splattsmier
8. MedicMang
9. coff
10. tripplehazzard
11. Canti4341
12. coldcrash
13. DrPhunk
14. Zinc_Saucier
15. igotsand
16. blizzard
17. val214
18. TrickyDick
19. jmcm_brew
20. mikeysab
21. Geoffey

I'm in.

Can I suggest you edit the rules to say while the sour doesn't need to be local by any means, try and check seekabrew so you aren't sending something your recipient can get on shelves?

I'm in.

Can I suggest you edit the rules to say while the sour doesn't need to be local by any means, try and check seekabrew so you aren't sending something your recipient can get on shelves?

So the first one's too local and this one's not local enough? Sheesh...

Kidding, that's a good idea. We don't all want lindemans coming in the mail.

Lucky for you guys, I will be in Denver/Ft Collins this month. Hello Funkwerks, Crooked Stave and New Belgium! There's also some really tasty sours coming out of Rivertown here in Cincy!

Lucky for you guys, I will be in Denver/Ft Collins this month. Hello Funkwerks, Crooked Stave and New Belgium! There's also some really tasty sours coming out of Rivertown here in Cincy!

Agreed on the Rivertown sours - those 2 you sent me last time (the Lambic and Triumvirate) were great. The tasting group really enjoyed them.

Suckers:
1. Coff
2. absoluthamm
3. Indytruks138
4. splattsmier
5. Brewbien
6. ledhead72486
7. Zdbrown1
8. splattsmier
9. MedicMang
10. tripplehazzard
11. Zinc_Saucier
12. jmcm_brew
13. DrPhunk
14. Canti4341
15. mikeysab

I get to be on the list twice?! Guess I've been a very good boy :D

Agreed on the Rivertown sours - those 2 you sent me last time (the Lambic and Triumvirate) were great. The tasting group really enjoyed them.

Yeah the Triumvirate was interesting being aged in gin barrels. They had a new one that just came out that was very tasty too. I can't remember the name though.

I'm in!
Is that suckers list the people who are participating?
Please post or link to a packaging and shipping info please. I've never shipped beer before. I have several wine shipping containers that I've been saving for this purpose, but would like to know more about the actual shipping, laws, etc. and how to do it.

Also can we enter twice?? If it would even things out please consider me for a twin entry.

TD

I'm in!
Please post or link to a packaging and shipping info please. I've never shipped beer before. I have several wine shipping containers that I've been saving for this purpose, but would like to know more about the actual shipping, laws, etc. and how to do it.

Also can we enter twice?? If it would even things out please consider me for a twin entry.

TD

Yup that's the list so far:D fresh blood!! This thread should help you with shipping. Welcome!!
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=93042

Sent from a happy little tree

I'm in!

TD

Best resource:

http://alewatcher.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-trader-tips.html

Funkwerks doesn't produce a ton of sours, but their beers are delicious. If you can pick up some stuff from Trinity, they make some good stuff.

Funkwerks doesn't produce a ton of sours, but their beers are delicious. If you can pick up some stuff from Trinity, they make some good stuff.

Or TRVE. I believe they bottle a couple of sour/brett beers. My all time favorite brewery that I have visited and I don't even care for heavy metal.

Oh dang, my buddy sent me a sour from them a while back and I just assumed from the name...

I'm in!

TD

This is a possibility. I'll do it on a case by case basis. If we have a loner, I'll reach out and see if anyone wants to do a twofer.

Also, I always use wine shipping boxes with styrofoam inserts. They are the best. I make sure to bubble wrap too so they don't jiggle around in the box. I get them from a wine store in town for $5.

This is a possibility. I'll do it on a case by case basis. If we have a loner, I'll reach out and see if anyone wants to do a twofer.

Also, I always use wine shipping boxes with styrofoam inserts. They are the best. I make sure to bubble wrap too so they don't jiggle around in the box. I get them from a wine store in town for $5.

I have a bunch of wine and boxes they came in. I'll be good for boxes and packing.. No worries. Been stocking up on sours since the last trade announcement... I have some nice ones.. Gonna hit the bottle shop on the way home today as well.

PLUS.... This weekend is hunaphus day, and I have a ticket. Some lucky person could end up with one depending upon how many I can get my hands on...

TD

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back