Sour Swap #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are over thinking it just a bit. Fedex seems to be what the majority of us use. I used to use UPS and they asked about liquids once, Fedex has never asked me. I believe that both companies have rules against shipping alcohol, at least without their knowledge, but its not a crime like shipping through USPS is.

I only use fedex since it's cheaper and they don't ask questions. Regarding shipment of alcohol - fedex considers it a "special service" and states you must require a signature & recipient must show valid ID.

It's just a CYA procedure, don't worry about it. Yesterday I received a return shipment on a box I sent out with a busted bottle. They opened the package, bagged up the leakers, repacked it and sent it back. No harm no foul.

Use fedex, sign up on line, print the label, and you just drop it off at the store, no questions asked, and you get a discount.

I will volunteer to be TrickyDick's recipient and let him send me a Huna, I won't complain haha.

As for Funkwerks, they do mainly Saisons, I think I had a barrel aged beer that may have had brett, but Saisons are def their thing.

If anyone ever gets an TRVE sours please trade with me, I've tried unsuccessfully to trade for their beer, and its not even rare. I loved this brewery. If anyone goes and they have a shirt in 2xl I will also pay you to pick it up for me and be your friend forever. I love that place.

If anyone ever gets an TRVE sours please trade with me, I've tried unsuccessfully to trade for their beer, and its not even rare. I loved this brewery. If anyone goes and they have a shirt in 2xl I will also pay you to pick it up for me and be your friend forever. I love that place.

I think I can get some of their beers, but haven't looked recently.

They launched a sour barrel program in 2012, but I think so far have only released Oud Bruin. They also have a Berliner that had lacto. I believe their flagship beers are just a saison strain.

Well as far as their barrel program, I've not had those. I've had Brett Dream, Brett Trois, Provincial(berliner) and a bunch of their saisons. Wasn't keeping in mind that although saisons have funkiness to them, they aren't necessarily soured.

Well as far as their barrel program, I've not had those. I've had Brett Dream, Brett Trois, Provincial(berliner) and a bunch of their saisons. Wasn't keeping in mind that although saisons have funkiness to them, they aren't necessarily soured.

I read that 100% Brett beers are permissible entries. I'm going to include some goodies from St, somewhere, CCB, and a few other surprises, along with some sours I've started collecting since I missed out on the last trade. One of the managers at a local WOB likes sours, and they sell package.. Some new stuff just coming to FL, so I'll stop by there when I can to pick up some bottles for the box...

TD

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Im in..
someone's getting a bunch of west coast sour love!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

I went there when I was in town for GABF and got one of the last Vexovoids they had in stock. Drank it when I shared some of my sours with friends. I remember it being pretty decent.

Whats sad is that I dont have to go shopping for my recipient...I have too many sours right now in my cellar..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Hit up the local Mega Liquor/Beer Store, and picked up a few goodies. Some surprises for sure. They've really been making some improvements to their lineup. Several Sours available and some other rare finds as well. I asked about getting some Jolly Pumpkin in, and will see what develops.

TD

Mighy want to wait till you get your recipients location first...jolly pumpkin serves a good amount of area. And you dont want to send stuff he or she can just buy down the road.

Then again, the only drawback is that you could "unfortunately" be "stuck" with some jolly pumpkin. Haha

Good point. Be nice to know which sour beers are most widely distributed so as to avoid those particular ones. Such as Lindemans for instance. Just getting into sours so I'm not as familiar with what's widely available and what isn't.

TD

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Can't resist ... Must join swap... Unbelievable urge to try new sours...I'm in!

Good point. Be nice to know which sour beers are most widely distributed so as to avoid those particular ones. Such as Lindemans for instance. Just getting into sours so I'm not as familiar with what's widely available and what isn't.

TD

Www.seekabrew.com

When you have the address for whom you are shipping, you can compare your distributions. Takes a lot of the guesswork out.

What's the feeling on sending international sours? Obviously most peoplewould be happy getting Cantillon or 3F, but what about stuff from Boon, Tilquin, DeProef, Hannsens...? Or Mikkeller?
Seek-a-brew doesn't list import distro so it'd be tough to know whether or not it'd be a gem or a shelf beer for someone.
The 1st round was local so it didn't appear to come up.

Would these be better suited as extras or could they be included in the minimum?

I believe the imported ones are covered by shelton brothers. So if you see that on seekabrew, you can assume they *might* get it....but thats tough to say.

What's the feeling on sending international sours? Obviously most peoplewould be happy getting Cantillon or 3F, but what about stuff from Boon, Tilquin, DeProef, Hannsens...? Or Mikkeller?
Seek-a-brew doesn't list import distro so it'd be tough to know whether or not it'd be a gem or a shelf beer for someone.

Would these be better suited as extras or could they be included in the minimum?

Just recently we started getting some of the Shelton Brother's stuff in Denver. That said, I'd be happy to get those (because they are good and/or still relatively hard to get), but hopefully the package would include some local-to-you stuff too.

Just recently we started getting some of the Shelton Brother's stuff in Denver. That said, I'd be happy to get those (because they are good and/or still relatively hard to get), but hopefully the package would include some local-to-you stuff too.

Yeah, definitely focus on local stuff. But there's a bunch of European sours that are awesome and I think folks would be interested. But I agree that the focus should be local.

Sent from my Commodore64 using Home Brew

Its an open-ended swap, so feel free to send some European sours. I think its more important to send something that you really like. That being said, its always fun to try new things. I'll probably send a handful of local stuff, because I have access to some good sours here, and send some more widely available favorites of mine.

I would try to find your target on untappd if they are on there, see if they have tried them before, but hard to tell. I can tell you all the breweries you listed come to TX.

Alright folks, here's who I have shipping info from:

two_hearted
absoluthamm
ledhead72486
Indytruks138
Brewbien
Zdbrown1
splattsmier
MedicMang
coff
tripplehazzard
Canti4341
coldcrash
DrPhunk
Zinc_Saucier
igotsand

If your name isn't on the list, you need to PM your shipping details or add them in via the link I hopefully PM'd you.

Since we have a healthy sized group, I will try to get addresses out to everyone by Monday instead of 3/14. That'll give you more time to shop and ship.

Since we have a healthy sized group, I will try to get addresses out to everyone by Monday instead of 3/14. That'll give you more time to shop and ship.

I'm going to New Orleans on Sunday to see my favorite band 311 perform for 311 day for the 5th time. I have heard some places might have sours from some Belgian Brouwerijs like Cantiyawn and Dree Fahnteenin. Hopefully I can find some to go...

I'm going to New Orleans on Sunday to see my favorite band 311 perform for 311 day for the 5th time. I have heard some places might have sours from some Belgian Brouwerijs like Cantiyawn and Dree Fahnteenin. Hopefully I can find some to go...

I am hugely jealous. 311 is my favorite band too. Have fun and be safe. I will be bring a beer that I named "Never Ending Summer" on 311 Day.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

I am hugely jealous. 311 is my favorite band too. Have fun and be safe. I will be bring a beer that I named "Never Ending Summer" on 311 Day.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

Nice man. Cool to see other fans. I'm lucky that my wife got into them when we got together. I've been to 311 day '04, '08, '10, '12, and now this year. Also went on the first cruise in '11. The cruise was amazing, but so expensive. I'll drink one for you at the show. If you want to hear the new album I have the link to the leak, just pm me.

Alright folks, here's who I have shipping info from:

two_hearted
absoluthamm
ledhead72486
Indytruks138
Brewbien
Zdbrown1
splattsmier
MedicMang
coff
tripplehazzard
Canti4341
coldcrash
DrPhunk
Zinc_Saucier
igotsand

If your name isn't on the list, you need to PM your shipping details or add them in via the link I hopefully PM'd you.

None from me? Hmmm... Maybe I'll try on my laptop tonight instead of on mobile

wOk, the link had a few issues with mobile entry. Sorry for any confusion.

Here's the updated list of who I have info for. If you're not on it, just PM me your info and I'll add you to it. I don't want to leave anyone out!

two_hearted
absoluthamm
ledhead72486
Indytruks138
Brewbien
Zdbrown1
splattsmier
MedicMang
coff
tripplehazzard
Canti4341
coldcrash