Sour Swap #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, guess you're not lucky. It's just their Raspberry Sour. Hope you can choke it down anyway...

Seriously, glad they all arrived in good shape for you.

Enjoy!

Oh darn! Haha trying it in 5! Thanks again man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

Wouldn't be right without some pizza, so...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

1396916629033.jpg

Yeah, I like how they put that dent right into the fragile sticker.

I'm strangely proud that people on HBT have heard of my beer. There are only a few left, so enjoy.

If you want to check those in, they're all on untappd under Moop Brew. The barleywine is under "On the Wall" (a Deschutes Mirror Mirror inspired beer) and the RIS is one of the Mephisto variants (inspired by Avery's Mephistophles).

You'll get honest reviews on the homebrew, I'm really excited for them. Drinking my Westbrook right now

Sent from my H4X0r3D Nexus 7

Coff - we need to have a talk man... The medical bills to have my jaw reattached are going to be killer. You gotta warn someone before you do this to them.

0uKK550.jpg

SOIhMZs.jpg

EeF4Hvx.jpg

So we have a couple homebrews - Farmer in the Rye with Peaches and Drie Saison Batch 1 that is just over a year old. Both sound great and will likely not last the week (unless you recommend some more time for either of them)
Then we move on to commercial:
Tired Hands - Artisnale - a stout brewed with escargot shells. Seriously!?! I can't tell you how excited this makes me.
Perennial - Aria - seen this come up a few times this round and am glad I get to try something everyone is giving the thumbs up to by sending.
Jolly Pumpkin - Bam Biere - I've had Weizen Bam and really enjoyed it, I'm sure will be awesome as well.
RR - Damnation and Consecration - only had these once, gonna tuck these away for a little while.
Modern Times - Blazing World - already in the fridge and will be my National Beer Day beer in a little while.

Amazing box man, thanks a ton! Cheers!

Coff - we need to have a talk man... The medical bills to have my jaw reattached are going to be killer. You gotta warn someone before you do this to them.

0uKK550.jpg

SOIhMZs.jpg

EeF4Hvx.jpg

So we have a couple homebrews - Farmer in the Rye with Peaches and Drie Saison Batch 1 that is just over a year old. Both sound great and will likely not last the week (unless you recommend some more time for either of them)
Tired Hands - Artisnale - a stout brewed with escargot shells. Seriously!?! I can't tell you how excited this makes me.
Perennial - Aria - seen this come up a few times this round and am glad I get to try something everyone is giving the thumbs up to by sending.
Jolly Pumpkin - Bam Biere - I've had Weizen Bam and really enjoyed it, I'm sure will be awesome as well.
RR - Damnation and Consecration - only had these once, gonna tuck these away for a little while.
Modern Times - Blazing World - already in the fridge and will be my National Beer Day beer in a little while.

Nicely done!

Awesome man, I'm glad you're happy with the box. I'm always worried I'm not picking the right beers, I'm glad you've never had Bam Biere, it's really fantastic IMO and kind of under appreciated.

The 2 Homebrews are ready to drink now, the Drie Saison is a 100% Brett Trois batch and recently had hit it's stride, not bad for a %5 beer at over a year in the bottle. The Farmer in the Rye Peaches is also ready to go, to toot my own horn it may be my crowning achievement. Lol.

Cheers!

Oh, I tried to fit a Tired Hands growler of First Level and my Imperial Stout aged in a Rye whiskey barrel but that shipper wouldn't allow it. The growler just didn't fit even if it replaced some thing.

Oh, I tried to fit a Tired Hands growler of First Level and my Imperial Stout aged in a Rye whiskey barrel but that shipper wouldn't allow it. The growler just didn't fit even if it replaced some thing.

I'll gladly send you some TX beers/homebrew if you are just itching to send those to me. :D

My box is (hopefully) going in the mail tomorrow.

I don't have a shipping label yet, but I have it all boxed up and bottles all wrapped and packed.

Work super busy, but I should have a solid lunch hour and plan to take to the UPS store. Gonna say its a "care package" with local treat. Would like to get some "FRAGILE" labels if I can find any. Maybe just a big huge marker will do though.

Sad the fun is over, but looking forward to the next swap.... count me in, in advance!

TD

My box is (hopefully) going in the mail tomorrow.

I don't have a shipping label yet, but I have it all boxed up and bottles all wrapped and packed.

Work super busy, but I should have a solid lunch hour and plan to take to the UPS store. Gonna say its a "care package" with local treat. Would like to get some "FRAGILE" labels if I can find any. Maybe just a big huge marker will do though.

Sad the fun is over, but looking forward to the next swap.... count me in, in advance!

TD

I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Just drop the package off, you dont have to tell them anything.

2. Boxes with "Fragile" on them tend to be treated more poorly than boxes without fragile written on them. I would avoid doing that.

Other than that, bombs away!

I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Just drop the package off, you dont have to tell them anything.

2. Boxes with "Fragile" on them tend to be treated more poorly than boxes without fragile written on them. I would avoid doing that.

Other than that, bombs away!

+1. The only boxes I've sent that looked like they took a rough trip are ones that said Fragile.

I know some of you guys are anxious for another round, but I leave the country for the month of May, so I probably won't get round three going until June. However, TheMan has spoken about doing one of this swap-o-rama's as a sour round. So that might satisfy your thirst for the time being.

I know some of you guys are anxious for another round, but I leave the country for the month of May, so I probably won't get round three going until June. However, TheMan has spoken about doing one of this swap-o-rama's as a sour round. So that might satisfy your thirst for the time being.

Either way. This 2nd round wasn't immediately after the first round.

Sour beers are expensive and not the easiest to come by. I think one a quarter is just about right, next one in mid-June sounds just peachy to me :)

Sour beers are expensive and not the easiest to come by. I think one a quarter is just about right, next one in mid-June sounds just peachy to me :)

Ditto, even though I had a different recipient, I tried to get completely different sours than in the first swap. Through the swaps, I realized that I have access to more sours than I had thought

Ditto, even though I had a different recipient, I tried to get completely different sours than in the first swap. Through the swaps, I realized that I have access to more sours than I had thought

I agree. Its almost like a quest to hunt them down. Tonight I just popped a Terrapin Dr Krunkles White Farmhouse IPA. I need to go buy more (if I can find) and age for a while. Though they haven't indicated on the label seems funky with some restrained Brett flavors (I think I've been spending too much time on BA !).

TD

I am going to just wait for this one to start up again, good group here sending some great beers.

I am going to just wait for this one to start up again, good group here sending some great beers.

Speaking of great beers - I killed the Drie Saison the other night. Tasty stuff man, could crush those all day long. I got a little light peppery aftertaste - am I crazy or was there a little in there? Either way, awesome job. FitR is up soon.

Ching Ching is amazing. I got one in the first sour trade from Ardy, later traded with him to get 4 more. Only 2 remain.

I see on Facebook that CCB just released their sour in tasting room only for now, maybe limited distribution later. I don't know how many they will have for sale at their tasting room, which is a MOB scene on the weekends from what I gather. I'm not sure I can pull the trigger to drive down this weekend, but I just might do that. Hope there is still some left by the time I could get there.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Not very crowded today at CCB tasting room. Picked up 10 bottles (all I could carry). Had I known it was gonna be this easy I would have held off sending my box to Denver! Did have to drive 90 min to Tampa but got a last minute invite for sat and sun to stay at a beach condo some friends own.

TD

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Don't forget the swag!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397691505.478329.jpg

And I had to take a photo of the noisemaker. The almonds totally cracked me up.
Shipper: What's in the box?
TrickyDick: Oh... Just some snacks. ;)
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397691541.242324.jpg

Thanks so much for the beers. I'm really looking forward to these. Oarsman is already cooling down. Then I get to decide what's next!

Have fun drinking them, I know I had fun doing this (too much really). Wish I had been able to include the CCB American Sour brew. Maybe next time.

They never asked a question when I dropped the box at the UPS store with its pre-paid label.

Not sure how much the almonds disguised the sound. Those styroshipper boxes work really nice.

TD

I've noticed beers slosh around less and make less noise when they're upright. I've been trying to pack everything upright lately. Even though fedex never asks when I come in with a label already printed

I've noticed beers slosh around less and make less noise when they're upright. I've been trying to pack everything upright lately. Even though fedex never asks when I come in with a label already printed

This is exactly what I do. I only keep boxes that fit beers upright now. I think it also helps for the beer to not be sitting on the cap the whole trip. Less chance of leakage and noise.

Latest posts

Back