Sour Swap #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man, I'll let you know how the framboise is! These are all new to me. I need to find some friends who like sours to split some of these bottles with. I'm slowly trying to convert my beer loving friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That framboise is amazing. Matt sent me one as an extra in my first maw box. At the time, I refused to drink sour beer. I poured it in the glass thinking I would take one sip and dump it. Well it was amazing and is THE beer that got me into sours.

Got some killer Texas beer yesterday!View attachment 190693

Screw the extras, the engineer blew it out of the water!!!

Funk metal and RU55 are great as well!

That was from the guy that was upset about how "little" beer he sent, right? Thats 83 oz of frikkin amazingness. i've only had ru but the others are very sought after. Great package, imho.

Wow

So jealous. I REALLY want those two new JK beers. No luck so far though.

Damn. Well done.

Same here. Really bad. Tried getting my brother in law to go get them for me but he doesn't understand beer...

Aww. Thanks guys. Ya'll are all way too nice! Glad the 83 oz. didn't disappoint. :)

Speaking of nice... Check out the awesome box that came all the way from Ohio!! I'm especially excited about the La Follie!

From left to right, here's the overly generous list!

Lips Of Faith - La Folie - New Belgium Brewing
St. Bretta - Crooked Stave Brewery
Old Sour Cherry Porter - Rivertown Brewing Co.
Mystic Mama - Jackie O's Pub & Brewery
Surette Provision Saison - Crooked Stave Brewery
Lips Of Faith - Transatlantique Kriek - New Belgium Brewing
SPRYE - MadTree Brewing
Prairie Puncheon - Prairie Artisan Ales

Thanks!!

I'm already picking and choosing which beers I can snag for the next swap!

20140404_132711.jpg

The la Folie is really good, but I really loved that winter St. Bretta. Man is that a good beer. I wish I had more if it. I can't get enough of crooked stave.

Mystic mama is also an awesome ipa. Jackie O's is great. I wish I could've found some hop juju for you too! I also wish I had more room in that box. I stuffed it to the gills.

The la Folie is really good, but I really loved that winter St. Bretta. Man is that a good beer. I wish I had more if it. I can't get enough of crooked stave.

Mystic mama is also an awesome ipa. Jackie O's is great. I wish I could've found some hop juju for you too! I also wish I had more room in that box. I stuffed it to the gills.

Now I'm excited about St. Bretta as well! :3 Sorry to take one of your last bottles though :/.

Also, I noticed you stuffed the box to the gills! When It arrived the cardboard seemed weak and was about to give on one side in particular. I was worried a bottle broke and got everywhere then dried up. But when I opened the box, everything was superr well wrapped! No bottles broke... but it makes me wonder if the mail guys were playing kickball with it!

I just had the winter st bretta the other night. Color and coffeeish aroma surprised me with the flavor. Zero coffee in the flavor

Thanks Inkytruks! This is a killer box!

Jester King Ambree
Jester King Noble King
St Arnold Boiler Room
Prairie Somewhere
Fronteinen Oude Geuze
Russian River Temptation
Crooked Stave St Bretta

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396823408.572680.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396823384.718390.jpg

Really looking forward to ALL of these! Only one I've had before is the Temptation, which I Loved so that was a great surprise!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396823397.897945.jpg
    ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396823397.897945.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 94
Thanks Inkytruks! This is a killer box!

Jester King Ambree
Jester King Noble King
St Arnold Boiler Room
Prairie Somewhere
Fronteinen Oude Geuze
Russian River Temptation
Crooked Stave St Bretta

View attachment 191449
View attachment 191447

Really looking forward to ALL of these! Only one I've had before is the Temptation, which I Loved so that was a great surprise!

Glad it all made it safe, hope you enjoy! I'll be sending a small second box in the next week or so, the generosity in this thread made me want to up the game a little.

Glad it all made it safe, hope you enjoy! I'll be sending a small second box in the next week or so, the generosity in this thread made me want to up the game a little.

You are certainly welcome to, I'd be happy to receive, but let me make perfectly clear that I am extremely happy with my box and you shouldn't feel at all obligated!

Thanks again! After all the talk about St Bretta around here I'm really looking forward to that. Also, Berlinerwiesse is a style I've only tried twice, and I'm extremely happy to have received one of those in this trade!

Box dropped in Texas yesterday...

Just got home to this beautiful site where the porch used to be!

I saw the name on the box and thought, "damn that sounds familiar. .." didn't realize it until I got on HBT that it was my recent eMAW recipient haha. Thanks for the truly badass beers man!!! I can't wait to try them all! I even got a growler of Pizza Boy!? Seriously awesome box.

The question now is what's in the growler...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

1396829803364.jpg

I saw the name on the box and thought, "damn that sounds familiar. .." didn't realize it until I got on HBT that it was my recent eMAW recipient haha. Thanks for the truly badass beers man!!! I can't wait to try them all! I even got a growler of Pizza Boy!? Seriously awesome box.

My guess is the growler is a sour, but if you're lucky its their BBA coffee stout with raspberries. :D

Also, that 2012 riserva is drinking nicely and is a fantastic beer!

My guess is the growler is a sour, but if you're lucky its their BBA coffee stout with raspberries. :D

Also, that 2012 riserva is drinking nicely and is a fantastic beer!

Well, guess you're not lucky. It's just their Raspberry Sour. Hope you can choke it down anyway...

Seriously, glad they all arrived in good shape for you.

Enjoy!

Got back from Spring Break today.

Fired up HBT and checking out the bombs I've been missing!
Had my father in law check on house while I was away, and he must've brought in the bomb waiting on my porch, all the way from Ohio!

Unpacked it and snapped a pic with my iPhone. can't get the $*^$#& photostream thing to work (per usual). Anyway, my box looks a lot like another bomb: Hmm, strangely photostream decided to work, sort of...

We have here

Crooked Stave Ferus Fluxus
Crooked Stave Surette
The Bruery Sour in the Rye
Rivertown Barrel Aged Sour Cherry Porter
New Belgium Transatlantic Kriek
Three Floyds Alpha King
Jackie O's Mystic Mama IPA
Madtree Sprye Rye Pale Ale

Of these, I've only ever had the NB, which I liked.
REALLY excited about the Crooked Stave, and the Rivertown a try! Can't get any of these except spotty Bruery stuff and the NB stuff where I live. Really excited about the Alpha King as well! A Big Huge Thanks (Two Hearted?) to my porch bomber!

TD

IMG_0040.jpg

Came in this morning and there was a box on the loading dock for me, cant wait to get it home and see whats inside. It smells like there might have been some damage but no leakage so I am hoping for the best.

My package should be landing today, I just have a few words for the recipient about 2 homebrews I sent.

I couldnt wait any longer so I ran home on my lunch break to open this package. I gotta say I was kind of nervous bc shipping did a number on this box, it was bursting at the seems, I left a trail of packing peanuts walking to my car, lol.

What an awesome box! I am so excited, no different than a lot of people but Crooked Stave and Prairie in a box and I am swoonin. But then pile the Grassroots and New Belgium on top and sheesh, very grateful. Oh and the BBQ sauce was a nice touch, I'm excited to try that. The only one I dont recognize is the Sour Breakfast stout, which is exciting.

**Sadly one of the Homebrews didnt make it, the markings on the bottle were smeared bc it was wet but the cap had a B on the top. Also there is a Surrette missing from the picture, I set it aside bc I had to wash it off from the spill.

The list:
Grassroots Arctic Soiree (collab with Anchorage)
Morningwood Sour Breakfast Stout
Boulevard Tank 7 (always love this one)
NB Biere de Mars
NB Paardebloem
Prairie Ale
Prairie Birra x2
CS Hop Savant
CS Veille
CD Surette (not pictured)
Homebrew - I think it says 3.1% Citra Session IPA? Which sounds awesome
Homebrew - Happy Hoppy Wheat, wheat and hops are my loves.
Homebrew - "B" (not pictured) the fallen soldier, it didnt break but i leaked and there is about 2-3 oz left. I stuck it in the fridge and will still give it a try.

photo1_zpsd253c718.jpg

photo3_zps442aa813.jpg

photo2_zps93f044f1.jpg

I couldnt wait any longer so I ran home on my lunch break to open this package. I gotta say I was kind of nervous bc shipping did a number on this box, it was bursting at the seems, I left a trail of packing peanuts walking to my car, lol.

What an awesome box! I am so excited, no different than a lot of people but Crooked Stave and Prairie in a box and I am swoonin. But then pile the Grassroots and New Belgium on top and sheesh, very grateful. Oh and the BBQ sauce was a nice touch, I'm excited to try that. The only one I dont recognize is the Sour Breakfast stout, which is exciting.

**Sadly one of the Homebrews didnt make it, the markings on the bottle were smeared bc it was wet but the cap had a B on the top. Also there is a Surrette missing from the picture, I set it aside bc I had to wash it off from the spill.

The list:
Grassroots Arctic Soiree (collab with Anchorage)
Morningwood Sour Breakfast Stout
Boulevard Tank 7 (always love this one)
NB Biere de Mars
NB Paardebloem
Prairie Ale
Prairie Birra x2
CS Hop Savant
CS Veille
CD Surette (not pictured)
Homebrew - I think it says 3.1% Citra Session IPA? Which sounds awesome
Homebrew - Happy Hoppy Wheat, wheat and hops are my loves.
Homebrew - "B" (not pictured) the fallen soldier, it didnt break but i leaked and there is about 2-3 oz left. I stuck it in the fridge and will still give it a try.

photo1_zpsd253c718.jpg

photo3_zps442aa813.jpg

photo2_zps93f044f1.jpg

I was sweating all weekend about this box!! Glad I didn't put any ribs in there :D the homebrew that leaked was my sour blueberry hefewiezen. Damn. Well im glad they all made it!! I wonder what happened. Oh well. At least you will still get a taste. I admit I probably stuffed that box a little fuller than I should have I hope you enjoy it all!!! Cheers!

I was sweating all weekend about this box!! Glad I didn't put any ribs in there :D the homebrew that leaked was my sour blueberry hefewiezen. Damn. Well im glad they all made it!! I wonder what happened. Oh well. At least you will still get a taste. I admit I probably stuffed that box a little fuller than I should have I hope you enjoy it all!!! Cheers!

Thanks again man, this is a really awesome and generous box. I was afraid you were going to say it was some sort of sour, I thought I saw the word sour on the bottle. We will see, it might be ok but maybe flat. Its weird that the cap leaked like that, but the liquid was contained and 99% of the box landed safely so its a success.

I may have to send you a little TY package in a few weeks. I'll follow up when I get some stuff together.

Thanks again man, this is a really awesome and generous box. I was afraid you were going to say it was some sort of sour, I thought I saw the word sour on the bottle. We will see, it might be ok but maybe flat. Its weird that the cap leaked like that, but the liquid was contained and 99% of the box landed safely so its a success.

I may have to send you a little TY package in a few weeks. I'll follow up when I get some stuff together.

No problem at all. I didn't really realize how much I had held back for you all month till I went to ship it. Weird that I have never had a bottle break in a trade yet. Just 2 leaky bottles now. That's pretty good odd i guess :) I really did almost send ribs too but there was no room left in the box. Lol.

Someone better hurry home from Stan Mikita's donuts. You have a box on your porch. :D

Booyah! If only I could get a Mikita's donut in Aurora...

The worst part about today was that I was in with a patient when the box came, and heard the delivery guy, then when I went to go grab the box, another patient showed up, so had to wait until they left before I could open it.

I was scared at first seeing the side of the box pushed in, but when I saw that there was a styro shipper in there, it eased my mind.

Odell - Friek(Love this beer!!!)
Epic Brewing - Elder Brett
Trinity Brewing - Elektrick Cukumbahh
Avery - Opuntia(when I saw your post earlier ITT about this I was hoping it was me)
CS - Ferus Fluxus, Batch 60, St. Bretta Winter(Love CS)
Westbrook - Gose(mmm)
Maui - CoCoNut PorTer(been wanting to try this for a while)

Homebrews
FACEMELT!!
Brett C
BW(Barleywine?)
Oak Zin? RIS

I'm just as excited about the homebrews!

Thanks so much Abby!

2014-04-07 14.00.52.jpg

2014-04-07 14.05.53.jpg

2014-04-07 14.06.00.jpg

2014-04-07 14.06.10.jpg

Holy cow look at that dent! I'm glad they made it safely.

That Trinity beer won gold at GABF last year, so I hope you like that one. The Opuntia is really tasty. It is such a surprise that it came from a tequila barrel. I recently had the ferus fluxus and I would give that some time. There might be diacytel in that one that the Brett should clear up. A few if Chad's beers seem to develop that flavor in the bottle and then it goes away.

The homebrews are:

Facemelt: super sour beer with a fair amount if acetic.

Brett C: Berliner weisse fermented only with WLP's Brett C. Just a light tartness and pretty clean malt flavors.

The bw is an English barleywine and the oak Zin RIS is an RIS aged on oak cubes with Zinfandel. The RIS finished drier than I planned so watch out for that one. It's a challenge at 18+ percent.

I hope you enjoy them!

Someone better hurry home from Stan Mikita's donuts. You have a box on your porch. :D

Holy cow look at that dent! I'm glad they made it safely.

That Trinity beer won gold at GABF last year, so I hope you like that one. The Opuntia is really tasty. It is such a surprise that it came from a tequila barrel. I recently had the ferus fluxus and I would give that some time. There might be diacytel in that one that the Brett should clear up. A few if Chad's beers seem to develop that flavor in the bottle and then it goes away.

The homebrews are:

Facemelt: super sour beer with a fair amount if acetic.

Brett C: Berliner weisse fermented only with WLP's Brett C. Just a light tartness and pretty clean malt flavors.

The bw is an English barleywine and the oak Zin RIS is an RIS aged on oak cubes with Zinfandel. The RIS finished drier than I planned so watch out for that one. It's a challenge at 18+ percent.

I hope you enjoy them!

Packed like a boss, so there was no problem!

The Trinity beer I hadn't heard of and had just in the last 6 months or so heard of them, so I'm excited for that one. I actually had a Fluxus a couple weeks ago that mhurst sent me, so I agree with you on that, it's sitting for a little bit, same with the St. Bretta, mainly just to see how it might change.

I've heard about your facemelt, so I am really looking forward to that, I plan to pucker up from what I've seen.

18% RIS...better put on my big boy shoes...

Thanks again!

Packed like a boss, so there was no problem!

Yeah, I like how they put that dent right into the fragile sticker.

I've heard about your facemelt, so I am really looking forward to that, I plan to pucker up from what I've seen.

18% RIS...better put on my big boy shoes...

Thanks again!

I'm strangely proud that people on HBT have heard of my beer. There are only a few left, so enjoy.

If you want to check those in, they're all on untappd under Moop Brew. The barleywine is under "On the Wall" (a Deschutes Mirror Mirror inspired beer) and the RIS is one of the Mephisto variants (inspired by Avery's Mephistophles).

Back