Wildwest's brew lean-to (my almost dream build)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a first on me of "local codes" below the NEC minimum standard requirements aka illegal wiring.
I'd check your insurance policy see if it covers damage with these wiring practices. WOW! I'm impressed, work performed by a "Licensed Electrician".
This off a matchbook certification?
A 29 year IBEW wireman WTF do I know about code? I'm out of here.

I said it's been fixed. Jesus H Christ, god damned electrical Nazis.
Mind your own damn business.

_

Is it a coincidence that this looks like an electrical symbol?

nazi-ss-logo.jpg

Sorry, I had to.

Is it a coincidence that this looks like an electrical symbol?

nazi-ss-logo.jpg

Sorry, I had to.

Careful it might not be PC to some.

My bad sorry wildwest I replied instead of being silent.
BTW 100% German and take it a bit offensive being called a "NAZI" this directed at me which it appears to be. Cabin fever strikes again? Prost.

Attack of the Code Monkeys

Maybe they can address the situation with the local cats as well...

(No offense intended to anyone involved, just thought it would be a good title for an animated short)

I find this build electrifying! I am shocked at how shiny it is! It really gets me amped up! Is this how it looks in it's current form?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I find this build electrifying! I am shocked at how shiny it is! It really gets me amped up! Is this how it looks in it's current form?

I guess it get's very lonely up there in Alaska??

_

Are all the pics of this facility in an album somewhere? I'd love to look at them all together rather than filter through 61 pages of posts. Looks like an awesome brew-house!!

Are all the pics of this facility in an album somewhere? I'd love to look at them all together rather than filter through 61 pages of posts. Looks like an awesome brew-house!!

Actually no. I should probably do that, but probably never will.:D

I may make a condensed version and post it through photobucket.

_

LOL, that's pretty funny :p

Anyway, still searching for a home that would allow me to build something similar here in San Diego, until then just got to find a reason to go to TN so I can check it out. :mug:

That is so funny WW... when I built my brewhouse (it pales in comparison btw) my electrician also wired my neutrals and grounds together on my subpanel :p I felt like an ass telling him how to do it correctly :drunk: He was long since retired and just knew old code I guess..
I also went through and checked all the light switches... none had grounds tied on!

That is so funny WW... when I built my brewhouse (it pales in comparison btw) my electrician also wired my neutrals and grounds together on my subpanel :p I felt like an ass telling him how to do it correctly :drunk: He was long since retired and just knew old code I guess..
I also went through and checked all the light switches... none had grounds tied on!

Nice. I would trade my brew shed for your brewpub any day.:mug:

_

Not sure watt lol the electrical Nazi is about but I was just generally concerned when I saw the pic sorry to cause any hard feelings and am glad that you have everything taken care of now. Everything looks great, nothing better then a urinal for a man space lol
Brew on man down brewery

Since this thread was recently bumped I thought i'd post a pic of the setup. I finally got all my pumps and mounted them. I've brewed 10 batches on this setup and it's all dialed in. I hated it at first, fiddling with pumps and hoses and what not. But I now love it and it's almost worth the ridiculous amount of time it takes to clean.

DSCN3288.jpg

-

You've got to polish everything, or it will get water spots.

Exactly. Stupid ss, aluminum is so much easier to clean.
The chiller takes some extra time. It's not awful, but it's definitely more work.

_

Thanks a lot! Now Im trying to figure out how to build one on the back of my house...

Great job! I love everything about your build!

superfluous post,

love the setup. I wish I had the time and money for a bitchin' setup like that.

A bar is only cool until you have people over, then it's trashed.:(

DSCN3107.jpg

I took a few hours yesterday to read this entire thread.. sadly, about halfway through the pictures stopped displaying for me.

So a reboot and a revisit today, I finally got to see the completed build. Very well done.

This photo in particular really hit close to home for me. About once a month I open up my home pub for friends, and it always gets trashed. Sadly, the last time I opened it up, a couple "friends of friends" wound up being barred from ever returning due to damage and leaving broken beer bottles all over my front lawn. Not cool. That was two months ago and I haven't reopened it since.

Something you may want to think about doing.. put a tip jar on your bar. I have a huge Cheers - St. Louis mug I got when I flew out to AZ a few years ago, with a layover in St. Louis... anyway.. I gathered up all the spare change from around the house and the car and put it on the corner. I don't allow people behind the bar (too much to get broken) and my g/f volunteered to tend bar.

We don't charge for drinks, but typically people will drop anywhere from a couple bucks to $50 into the tip jar, which is reinvested back into the pub and/or purchasing the "nickel and dime" brewing stuff. I'm sure it's somehow illegal, but we don't mandate tips... but locally, there are two choices for watering holes and they both suck. So if people BYOB and drop $10 into the tip jar, they are still way ahead of the game.

I'm rambling. Great build. I'm glad to see that others agonize about their build for over a year... I'm up to 18 months on mine and am still not finished.. some trim and a little more paint and I will be though.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/welcome-my-pub-246037/

Thanks, it's working out well, I love my electric setup. It's awesome to brew at 74f when it's 98f outside.

_

To throw myself under the bus, it doesn't always look pristine in there like the pictures show. This is after a 6 hour PTE clone brew day, quite the mess. In my defense, the kettles are clean.

2011-06-27_12-17-55_201.jpg

2011-06-27_12-17-40_249.jpg

+1 azscoob

I need to show SWMBO pictures of West's "filthy" brew area, so she can envy Mrs. West for a while. ;)

Back