Wildwest's brew lean-to (my almost dream build)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I joined this forum because of your thread, WW.

I am getting ready to try my hand at home brewing, and now I want to convert my theater into a brew room. :rockin:

That's awesome, I usually have the opposite effect on people. I think I would keep the theater room though.

_

That's awesome, I usually have the opposite effect on people. I think I would keep the theater room though.

_

WW, I was going to quit this forum because of you :D

I figure since I'm paid up I may as well stay though.

Honestly, your build is a bit of an inspiration, and I still use the carb table you used to have as your sig.

Awesome work!

That is bewilderingly awesome. I hope you brew often enough to make it worth it. And have lots of friends to share the enjoyment with.

this is awesome......just read this whole thread while at work(havent gotten much done since i started)...now all i want to do is build something like this....too bad i dont own my own house...i guess i'll just have to settle with bottling my pumpkin ale tonight. Anyway thanks for all the posts and pictures you should be inducted into the brewing hall of fame!!

It is painful sitting here knowing I have to graduate college, get a house, and a real job before I can have something like this. It is absolutely beautiful.

Never graduate! Being a poor college student has a lot of advantages over an 8-5'er!!! Just transfer to a better looking school like Texas Tech (although they just got beat by the damn Aggies)

WW, this makes me want to take a vacation to TN just to visit your brewery/bar! This is simply f-ing amazing.

Having to clean the brew kettle then re-fill with pbw and re-circ to clean the chiller for 20 minutes then drain and hot rinse. All the kettles have to be wiped dry(in and out) after cleaning or they look like hell. All kettles have to be put back in the exact same spot everytime or the hoses won't work, just nit picky stuff.

Sometimes I miss just rinsing out my cooler with a garden hose.:eek:

Although I rinse my cooler with a hose, :D, since I've gone with a structure and pumps it takes mw 2 hrs to clean up and put away everything. PBW adds to the cost too. :mad: Think I may try mixing some TSP and OxyClean together once and see how it does. Awesome build, no doubt, awesome. :mug:

It is painful sitting here knowing I have to graduate college, get a house, and a real job before I can have something like this. It is absolutely beautiful.

Meh, I skipped the college step, that cut 4 years off the build time.:)

When are you going to come down this way and build me my very own brew shed?

Isn't your shed full to the rafters with bulk grain?

_

I put that grain under the house, that way I don't have to worry about the hot weather. I used up 38# of grain this last weekend. 15 gallons brewed and 10 of it is staying at my house. Are you going to join us for the grain split? Do you want some Simcoe Leaf Hops?

I put that grain under the house, that way I don't have to worry about the hot weather. I used up 38# of grain this last weekend. 15 gallons brewed and 10 of it is staying at my house. Are you going to join us for the grain split? Do you want some Simcoe Leaf Hops?

I'm going to try to come down, i'm loaded with hops for now.

_

Wow, I haven't been on the forum in quite a while. I just recently got back on since it's brewing season for those of us without climate controlled brew houses;) It really turned out great. If you haven't done so already, I'd love to see a tour of the facility on a youtube video.

a virtual tour would be awesome, great idea limulus.

Im lucky I dont need a climate controlled brew house (not that I wouldnt like one) my guest room stays 65-69 degrees with my vents blocked. Perfect fermentation room.

I appreciate all the kind words, I just can't acknowledge everyone, don't want to be a shameless thread bump whore.:mug:

I guess I can do a mini decorating update. My bro in law got a bunch of mirrors/signs from a bar going out of business, he gave me a few of the nicest ones. I just need to get a dry erase marker for the Killians sign, then I can put what is on tap.

2011-10-28_13-38-13_554.jpg

I'm going to try to come down, i'm loaded with hops for now.
_

That's a real problem to have. Next time you Tenn boyz have a grain buy I'm going to have to get in on it. Going to Nashville this weekend and picking up some bulk from the Rebel gang while visiting Opry Hotel w the fam. Your place sure beat the tar out of my deck, brewing in the elements, gotta not love it! :rockin:

That's a real problem to have. Next time you Tenn boyz have a grain buy I'm going to have to get in on it. Going to Nashville this weekend and picking up some bulk from the Rebel gang while visiting Opry Hotel w the fam. Your place sure beat the tar out of my deck, brewing in the elements, gotta not love it! :rockin:

The more the merrier! I don't know if you've met the Rebel crew or not, they're a good bunch of guys. Tom is as good as it gets.

_

I make it to Nashville a few times a year. I buy 5-7 sacks when I'm there from them. I can't imagine buying from anyone with better service. First rate all the way. :mug:

The room looks great! What did you use to adhere the aluminum diamond plate to the walls? I'm building my brewery right now and just bought 3 sheets of 4 x 8 panels.

Thanks,

Scott

SWMBO saw the first framing picture and said, "we could build that behind the garage"

I need to get it in writing BEFORE she sees the rest of the build!

Beautiful work!

The room looks great! What did you use to adhere the aluminum diamond plate to the walls? I'm building my brewery right now and just bought 3 sheets of 4 x 8 panels.

Thanks,

Scott

Oops, sorry I didn't see this sooner. I just bought stainless wood screws, and predrilled holes through the diamond plate, they flushed up nice to the surface, and are hardly noticeable.

Wow. That's a nice clean set up. Now instead of a new garage for the race car I want a brew shed.

Back