The "Waiting for the Next Giveaway" Speakeasy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday, weatherman called for 2 to 4 inches of snow for our area. This morning they changed it to 4 to 7 inches.

Just now keeping up, s..ty night. It is so cold and after happily jumping in car to go home from happy hour alt. belt broke. Snowing heavily here now. Glad to see some brewing talk i love to talk brewing. Jealous of the zymatic demons. Is it as easy as it seems? Daughter is sick too.

it is easy, a few changes to the mind set when crafting recipes.

10min hop is more like a 5 min, 5 is more like a 0. just because of how long it takes for all the water to make a full pass thru the machine.

Hop stands are easy as it holds the temp where you want it for whatever length.

I still buy hops Like I'm using my big setup...So I got a vacuum sealer.

Sorry you have a sick kid,as always this time of year lots of bugs going around.

Morning, nice work harrke. We got a foot in denver. You need at least 8 to do high gravity two and a half gallon biab, I think. If you were to go to 10 you could do high gravity two and a half and lower Gravity 5 gallon batches. I used to do five gallon batches on my stove in an 8 gallon Kettle with a dunk sparge.

Thanks applescrap! I want to stick to 2.5 for now rather than go to 5. I have three 3-gallon kegs that I will use to ferment. Plan to stick with a the mini-kegs or bottles for serving.

I used Ssbretechs racking arm and thermowell to mod my Spiedel fermenters. have not used any of their kettles or fermenters.
The one I have seen at the store look nice, Steel was a bit thin on the brew buckets but they are cheaper than Blichmann or Spike brewing.

However I do Like the Spike brewing Kettle Nice welds. http://spikebrewing.com/collections...cts/10-gallon-brew-kettle-2-vertical-couplers

I know you don't need the false bottom for BIAB but listed anyway.

SSbrewtech 10g $180 +$79 false bottom

Spike brewing $200 + $90 false bottom.

Blichmann 10g $309 +$80 false bottom

I would think that you would also be able to add a bit of corn sugar at the end to bump your gravity up as well.

Yep salmon with the bagels. Not right without. :D Supposed to be 52 tomorrow, then drop back into the 30's the next few days.

Took a sample of my IPA this evening. OG: 1.073, FG 1.012, ABV 7.9%. Bigger than expected, but happy nevertheless. And it tastes really good. The wife tasted and agreed that it was really good.

Next up, kegging and force carbonate. Which begs the question, not sure how to do this. So, I will put it out there, how do I do this. I get putting the beer into the sanitized keg, but what pressure do I use to force carbonate and for how long? Thanks to any replies. :mug:

Yes! 10 in a row. I will be receiving my next Blichmann glass in a couple of days. Hmmm...no. Fun anyway.

Back