Swap O Rama #7, it's about time!!!! geez...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure who sent this to me but whoever did, THANK YOU!!

Some really great stuff in here!
Big Swell IPA
Block Party Porter
Scruffy's Smoked Alt
Dankosaur IPA
Wine Noir!
Divine Reserve No. 14
Temptress Imperial Stout
Myrcenary
Lugene
Blood and Honey
Zombie Dust
Boiler Room
Cherry Chocolate Double Brown Stout
Coconut Porter
Mana Wheat
Dream Crusher
Blakkr

So many awesome beers here!! All are new to me except for 2 that are outstanding as well. Can't wait to dig into some of them ASAP. Heading to a party with an excellent beer lineup and am going to be bringing a few as some of the people haven't had them as well as me. Can't wait to share this bounty with some really good friends.

Thanks again for this awesome box of beers!! Can't wait to get in on Swap #8!!!

That was me. Glad they all made it safe. Cheers!

That was me. Glad they all made it safe. Cheers!

Awesome. Thanks again just opened the blakkr this weekend and it was outstanding! Everyone enjoyed it, now I want more :)

1401717626261.jpg

Awesome. Thanks again just opened the blakkr this weekend and it was outstanding! Everyone enjoyed it, now I want more :)

I have some more at home and I think I can still find it on a few shelves...just let me know if you want to work out a $4$ or something.

Brew Murphy did everything arrive intact?

Yeah sorry I've been really busy... Took the pictures. I haven't heard of any of these except for The Duck-Rabbit because that's a reference to one of my favorite games (does anyone know what game?). And I've had fireside chat but it's a good one. Im looking forward to trying them. I love trying beer I've never had before!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401765519.713884.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401765601.422535.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401765771.138760.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401765817.595460.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1401765907.108094.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks jonny, great package. I've had a couple of these but its always good to get great beers you can't get here. Even a Bourbon County gem thrown in!!

1402018801956.jpg

1402018831785.jpg

1402018857332.jpg

1402018899458.jpg

Thanks jonny, great package. I've had a couple of these but its always good to get great beers you can't get here. Even a Bourbon County gem thrown in!!

Sorry for the dups! Hope you enjoy them all!
Great south bay is a great local brewery to long island and they have been doing some great stuff latley.

cheers!

So thats pretty awesome. Everyone got their boxes and this round is complete!!! Nice job guys!

Next round....how about session beers only? Under 6% abv, no other restrictions except a volume minimum?

Other ideas?

So thats pretty awesome. Everyone got their boxes and this round is complete!!! Nice job guys!

Next round....how about session beers only? Under 6% abv, no other restrictions except a volume minimum?

Other ideas?

It sounds like a nice idea but have session beers caught on enough in the US? I can't say I look out for them but i can't say I see a lot of them either (At least bottled/Canned).

It sounds like a nice idea but have session beers caught on enough in the US? I can't say I look out for them but i can't say I see a lot of them either (At least bottled/Canned).

Well, I dont mean that it needs to be called a "session beer" on the label. Just any beer under 6% that your recipient cant get. I also realize that session beers are usually much lower than 6%, but that would make it easier.

Most wits, pale ales, belgian pales, berlinners, and a lot of sours would fit the bill here. Even some stouts and porters.

The idea is, its summer and its hot. So some low gravity quaffable beers would probably be nice

That sounds like a great idea. There are so many good beers under 6%!

Or a hi-lo where half is under 6% and half is over 10%? You could get a good range of drink me now beers and cellar beers for when it gets cooler

Other ideas?

Leading into the summer, I like a can only swap. Just my $.02.

All of those ideas sound good. I can get some great canned/session beers in my area. The session/> 10% would be cool too.

Another option could be a glass and the beer from that brewery.
Or how's about a single brewery trade. 160 Oz of what a single brewery offers.

Leading into the summer, I like a can only swap. Just my $.02.

Patience my good fellow! Haha. Call me selfish, but im going to wait till a round that im joining till I do a can only one. Ive been wanting to do that since the start!

This is one of the best ideas ive heard so far. Ill definitely use this idea in a swap, the next or soon after. Might even make it growler plus a glass! Which would be sweet in my eyes

All of those ideas sound good. I can get some great canned/session beers in my area. The session/> 10% would be cool too.

Pair me with this guy, I need some BA Dark Apparition lol
:mug:

I hate quoting multiple posts at once but here we go!

Other ideas?

WOOO another round done, are we in the history books yet?
Ehhhh on sessions beers unless we do half that and half....

That sounds like a great idea. There are so many good beers under 6%!

Or a hi-lo where half is under 6% and half is over 10%? You could get a good range of drink me now beers and cellar beers for when it gets cooler

...beers ove.....what this guy said!^^^^

Love the idea for glassware
Single brewery i would be against, i like these swaps for the variety and rarely does a brewery perfect EVERYTHING they put out.

Patience my good fellow! Haha. Call me selfish, but im going to wait till a round that im joining till I do a can only one. Ive been wanting to do that since the start!

DO IT!!

This is one of the best ideas ive heard so far. Ill definitely use this idea in a swap, the next or soon after. Might even make it growler plus a glass! Which would be sweet in my eyes

Bong nd a blintz, Growler nd a Glass SWAP. 128oz 2 glass minimum. HOPS ONLY!

In the swap you are required to send one of each from your state: Beer, growler, glass, meat seasoning, state flower, state bird (dead or alive), flag, sport team article of clothing, and your most hated politician.. and go!

I will gladly send Harry Reid away

In the swap you are required to send one of each from your state: Beer, growler, glass, meat seasoning, state flower, state bird (dead or alive), flag, sport team article of clothing, and your most hated politician.. and go!

Any word on the next round? Been on a bit of a hiatus but these are the trades I love!

Sent from my Commodore64

Ill get another one started soon hopefully. Ive been on a bit of a trading hiatus myself and just havent spent much time on here.

Back