Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the BigHair's recipe for rump roast calls for 7 hours in the crock pot with a bath of beef broth, Italian dressing mix, ranch dressing mix and brown gravy mix

she also makes a chicken casserole with Stovetop stuffing & swiss cheese
I really want to talk shizz about the list of pre-mix crap in big-hairs recipe, but my Mrs. does one thats something like a package of ranch, a jar of pepperchini and some beef base.

Its simple and delicious.

ghetto-christmas-lights.jpeg

garden vegetable cream cheese

What is this vegetable cream cheese of which you speak? It can't be garden variety as I have only ever heard of cream cheese being made from cow or sheep milk. Although it is said by some that I have not heard everything. Do you make it yourself and can you use store bought vegetables instead?

What is this vegetable cream cheese of which you speak? It can't be garden variety as I have only ever heard of cream cheese being made from cow or sheep milk. Although it is said by some that I have not heard everything. Do you make it yourself and can you use store bought vegetables instead?
You're over thinking it, check the cream cheese spreads. Its just seasoned cream cheese.
kraft-philadelphia-garden-vegetable-cream-cheese-spread-000607841.jpg

I'm planning on making a @GrogNerd turkey next Friday.
Any tips from the Master?

Edited to add: I'm concerned the cream cheese will just drop and pool on the bottom of the roaster. How do you get that "look" you posted?

Last edited:
I'm planning on making a @GrogNerd turkey next Friday.
Any tips from the Master?

Edited to add: I'm concerned the cream cheese will just drop and pool on the bottom of the roaster. How do you get that "look" you posted?

no "trick" to it really... just smear it all over the bird, under the skin where you can. then just roast it (cover with foil until the last hour) per instructions according to weight.

you will get drop & pool, but not nearly as much as you'd think

You're over thinking it, check the cream cheese spreads. Its just seasoned cream cheese.
View attachment 655002

that's the stuff

Been trying to get my kid interested in my work, IDK, maybe he can eventually enter my trade, or even take over my business when my body wears out. Up until yesterday he’s had no interest, despite showing him what the earning potential can be.

11 years old now, he’s developed a love of collecting comics and doing as much work as he can for neighbors and work outside of his normal chores.

My kitchen faucet started leaking from the gooseneck, so I bought a basic moen and told him I’d pay him $10 to swap it out and tell him how to do it.

With my direction and help he had it changed in about a half hour, twice as long as it would take me, but pretty good for his first job! Now that he’s looking to earn money anyway he can to increase his new obsession, he’s all about helping me, especially when I told him that job would’ve been about $250 profit after expenses. Between yesterday and today he’s asked me at least 4 times if he can ride with me when he’s not in school.

D302B7BE-1AA1-468F-9F46-45E12A73D68B.jpeg

Been trying to get my kid interested in my work, IDK, maybe he can eventually enter my trade, or even take over my business when my body wears out. Up until yesterday he’s had no interest, despite showing him what the earning potential can be.

11 years old now, he’s developed a love of collecting comics and doing as much work as he can for neighbors and work outside of his normal chores.

My kitchen faucet started leaking from the gooseneck, so I bought a basic moen and told him I’d pay him $10 to swap it out and tell him how to do it.

With my direction and help he had it changed in about a half hour, twice as long as it would take me, but pretty good for his first job! Now that he’s looking to earn money anyway he can to increase his new obsession, he’s all about helping me, especially when I told him that job would’ve been about $250 profit after expenses. Between yesterday and today he’s asked me at least 4 times if he can ride with me when he’s not in school.

View attachment 655108

That’s awesome and good job teaching him the value of earning a dollar! I worry for the future generation b/c most feel entitled.

View attachment 655108
That's awesome! My son fell into plumbing when I kicked him out of the house 12 years ago at the age of 18. His friends dad that he stayed with for two months was a plumber and he tagged along with him on his jobs. I'm an auto tech so my son had a good mechanical knowledge base. That peaked his interest and is the lead plumber at his place of work. Mom and dad are very proud of the man he has become.
I hope this is a great beginning for your son.

That’s awesome and good job teaching him the value of earning a dollar! I worry for the future generation b/c most feel entitled.

Not just entitled, but mislead into college. Not that college is bad, but the trades are suffering! My two nieces will attest to that, but one scored a good management job even with a liberal arts degree. The other chose a good degree but is doing nothing in life. The trades are suffering for workers, at least good ones.

No matter the trade, I see lots of 40-60+ year olds with a new guy who lasts a week or two. I’m ecstatic that my son is showing interest finally!

Back