Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in the Basque region of Spain, there are cider houses called sagardotegi, that serve ciders made from wild yeast.

it's a huge deal there, a ceremony involved & for breakfast they serve steak & chorizo, plus cod omelettes

my yeast guy harvested some of the yeast used & I made a very funky, tasty cider with it

ain't tried a cod omelette

IMG_0627.JPG

Last edited:
in the Basque region of Spain, there are cider houses called sagardotegi, that serve ciders made from wild yeast.

it's a huge deal there, a ceremony involved & for breakfast they serve steak & chorizo, plus cod omelettes

my yeast guy harvested some of the yeast used & I made a very funky, tasty cider with it

ain't tried a cod omelette

View attachment 653886

My wife is from Spain, and she makes a Spanish tortilla from eggs, potatoes, and onions. Not at all like our tortillas, this is more like a quiche or fritatta, but cooked on both sides, and about 2" thick.
I adapted her recipe by adding cheese and crumbled hot Italian sausage. Heck of a good breakfast! ( Some chopped jalapenos make it even better)!

Sounds like my SIL. Was told to be on bed rest. Said I want this baby out of me, so she went on a walk on her own in the subdivision. I think she was wanting to hit the wine cellar bad.

She has a sign in her kitchen.

She even posts on Facebook saying last drink gotta go pick up the kids. Noting where she's at what's she's drinking. It's typically an expensive bottle of wine.

91uLBV912CL._SX466_.jpeg

When I was 18, my class went on a trip to Greece. I got my first beer on our first day in Athens, when 4 of us stopped at a little hole-in-the-wall that served gyros, souvlaki and Amstel in some massive mugs. I stopped after 2 mugs because I was only barely confident in my ability to still walk. The other guys got a third (and threw up a little later).
upload_2019-11-25_10-19-11.png

After lunch, we hopped on a bus and headed to the beach where a large group of topless Italians had a very spirited volleyball match going on. Sorry, no pictures of that...

Last edited:
The rare Marx brothers reference. Well played.
Not really. The quote is directly from "A Christmas Story" at about 0:10 in the trailer below. Of course TS may have ripped off the Marx Bros for the line.

Brew on :mug:

Not really. The quote is directly from "A Christmas Story" at about 0:10 in the trailer below. Of course TS may have ripped off the Marx Bros for the line.

Brew on :mug:

Gotta be stolen. Can't duplicate the genius of the Marx Brothers. Wasn't that line in "Animal Crackers"?

Watching the news about a month ago I saw a maintenance guy I’ve worked with for the last three years was stabbed to death buy his girlfriend. They were watching tv one night when he got a call from his boss to go into work. What happened after that ??? But he was stabbed to death, she had knife wounds, spent about a week in the hospital and was discharged to the country jail.

He was no weakling, so it had to be a surprise attack.

Back