Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching the news about a month ago I saw a maintenance guy I’ve worked with for the last three years was stabbed to death buy his girlfriend. They were watching tv one night when he got a call from his boss to go into work. What happened after that ??? But he was stabbed to death, she had knife wounds, spent about a week in the hospital and was discharged to the country jail.

He was no weakling, so it had to be a surprise attack.

That sucks! Don’t think this won’t be on my mind the next time I’m on call. I’ve gotten some pretty bad looks after getting that 20th phone call on a weekend. Just a matter of time.....

That sucks! Don’t think this won’t be on my mind the next time I’m on call. I’ve gotten some pretty bad looks after getting that 20th phone call on a weekend. Just a matter of time.....

I’m still thinking about him being gone, but knowing him, it isn’t unbelievable. After 15 years of being on call and 4 years of owning my own business, Mrs. OpenSights has finally adjusted to my schedule. Nice thing is if I don’t feel like taking a call I don’t have to.

Some dude. Drinking a beer on the side of my beer.

IMG_0320.JPG

If you've never smothered your turkey with cream cheese, I actually pity you

No brines or rubs, just slather that bird with some garden vegetable cream cheese and roast View attachment 654650

I ate too much & the dog won't stop trying to lick the meat sweat off my brow
Weird...no way around that
I'm in!

Yikes that does not look appetizing. I'll keep the cream cheese for the cheesecake.
You've prolly seen these in TR.... I've done Mayo and it works great. Seems odd but works to lock moisture in and put some bark on shoulder/butt. Specifically where you want this texture to the meat.

While I never thought of cream cheese, or herb infused cream cheese it's not all that outlandish.

Indian dishes use yogurt mixed with garlic, curry powder, Thai chili, ginger, and star anise on fryer chicken. Starts as a marinade, that eventually turns into a sauce that is served with rice and veggies. It's typically like a vibrant orange to golden. I want to say it's like tandoori.

No brines or rubs, just slather that bird with some garden vegetable cream cheese and roast View attachment 654650

These are pork shoulder I did with Mayo, Dave's Rib Rub and Spritzed with apple juice. Before and after.
IMG_20190926_173923.jpeg
IMG_20190927_112315.jpeg

Last edited:
Yikes that does not look appetizing. I'll keep the cream cheese for the cheesecake.
May sound crazy but plausible options... for your chicken fetish.

Slathered meat and/or coated with;

1) Yellow Dusseldorf Mustard dusted with ground up pretzel bits. Without a doubt salted. (Chicken or pork)

2) Italian salad dressing coated with Shake 'n Bake. (Chicken)

3) Mayo, dusted with cocoa, cayenne, and Nescafe Instant Coffee. (Chicken)

4) Sour Cream, mixed with a pack of taco seasoning, dusted with Nacho Doritos. (Chicken)

5) Buttermilk and Nabisco Cheese Nips. (Chicken)

6) Blue Cheese Dressing and Spicy Chicharrones. (Pork)

7) Creamy Horseraddish and cracked black peppercorn. (Beef)

Most of this would be excellent with boneless skinless chicken at 350F for 30 minutes

Even stuffed with T'Day food to the point I was out cold on my sisters living room carpet, ^that^ makes me hungry again!

Cheers! (And Happy Thanksgiving to all HBTers! Even those that don't celebrate it! :D)
They were a gooey and sticky with a touch of candy caramel from the apple juice spray.

Happy thanks giving to you too

May sound crazy but plausible options... for your chicken fetish.

Slathered meat and/or coated with;

1) Yellow Dusseldorf Mustard dusted with ground up pretzel bits. Without a doubt salted. (Chicken or pork)

2) Italian salad dressing coated with Shake 'n Bake. (Chicken)

3) Mayo, dusted with cocoa, cayenne, and Nescafe Instant Coffee. (Chicken)

4) Sour Cream, mixed with a pack of taco seasoning, dusted with Nacho Doritos. (Chicken)

5) Buttermilk and Nabisco Cheese Nips. (Chicken)

6) Blue Cheese Dressing and Spicy Chicharrones. (Pork)

7) Creamy Horseraddish and cracked black peppercorn. (Beef)

Most of this would be excellent with boneless skinless chicken at 350F for 30 minutes
Made me think of the the time we had a leftover tub of white cheese balls (either snowballs or bunny tails) that when stale. We pulsed them in the food processor and used to bread chicken. f-ing delicious!

We used to use Bag-n-Season for our pot roast, but the BigHair found a recipe that uses packets of Italian dressing, brown gravy & ranch dressing

Then there's her Swiss cheese & Stovetop stuffing casserole

Uhhh… Grog.. Did that mess start out to be a turkey? It looks like the lungs of a deceased 2 pack a day smoker.....
J/K man... I'll try your cream cheese thing sometime. :ghostly:

For years I've injected the bird with copious amounts of butter, garlic and rosemary.
The family keeps wanting to know my secret ingredient. Fortunately, they do not read HBT.

Back