Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we did get a Navy Unit Commendation for turning our FFG into an MCM

found 3 of them. Pretty sure I've posted here before about them, not long ago, posted a picture of The Chair

edit: found it

they used our FFG as a minesweeper during Desert Storm. found 3 of them. Ship got a Navy Unit Commendation ribbon for that

the 1 was just floating & one of our mine watches spotted it.

the other 2 were spotted from the helo, dead ahead of us, 12 feet below the surface. I was in The Chair at the time and I KNOW if the bird hadn't seen them, I wouldn't have either and we would have rolled right over them

our mine watch chair:

View attachment 646617

Last edited:
Pretty cool idea.

Attachments

• 20191116_160922.jpg
    20191116_160922.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 184
I've had this since my mom bought it for me back in when I was a kid in grade school. Still works like a champ. Take that and F-U planned obsolescence!

View attachment 655189
I loved that popper. I might even still have it - have to go look now.

Brew on :mug:

That is an astounding marketing failure by The Mouse, Inc.
As Yogurt wisely said: the real money is in the merchandising...

(May the schwartz be with you!)

God willing, we'll all meet again in Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money.

Nov 76 San Diego RTC. But I did A school at Great Lakes.

I did A, BE/E, 2xCs & 2 mini courses, an apprentice acoustic analysis course, 2 tours in the galley on our small base (FLEASWTRACENPAC... that little peninsula between Harbor & Shelter Islands) and spent 1 year, 1 month, 1 week and 1 day in Transient Personnel waiting for those C schools

finally transferred to the fleet one month shy of 3 years, after spending the entire first half of my enlistment in SD

& thank you for your service, Shipmate!

This past May it's been 40 years since i reported to Great Lakes for my recruit training. Thank you for your service!
Nov 76 San Diego RTC. But I did A school at Great Lakes.
& thank you for yours, Shipmate!
MCRD San Diego July 1984 -

Then Artillery with Fox Battery 2nd Battlion, 10Th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division. LeJuene.

1986 - NATO/MED Cruise on The USS Saipan LHA-2, with 8th COMPHIBRON. Detached to Battlion Landing Team (1/6) or 1st Battlion, 6th Marine Regiment.

1987 - Returning to 2nd Battlion,10Th Marines 2nd MAR DIV.

Back