Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little soft core IT gore.
20191206_084045.jpeg

When our ship was anchored, waiting to transit the Suez Canal, we kept our active sonar pinging the entire time to discourage attacks from divers

Our piddly "Helen Keller" sonar would probably only give you a headache, but I bet the more powerful DD & CG domes would melt your eardrums
always 'fun' to be pier-side in a submersible when a CG was right next door testing its active sonar during the closeout phase of an overhaul

I can’t find the picture, but about 6 years ago we had an orb weaver who called a corner of our garage a home. My son, 4 at the time was terrified of it! Until we introduced her as Charlotte, from Charlotte’s Web. He didn’t get to see her young ones leave.. or her, just one day she was gone. None of her babies stuck around unfortunately. Orb weavers are awesome spiders! Very pretty to look at!

Don’t get me wrong, I hate spiders, deal with them almost daily, but I also love nature.

Me and Spiders have a mutual agreement, they live as long as they are productive. Let my pest service lapse because I didn't like their service. I was transitioning to a new service, but we kept missing connections to establish service. During that time, I had a spider invasion under the eaves of my house.

Coincidentally, I no longer have a wasp problem and a drastically reduced ant and flying insect issue. May or may not be related, but its worked for the last 7-8 years.

Spiders and centipedes are okay with me in my house. They eat other pests that are far worse. And their population will be regulated by the cat. I have an a agreement with the cat as to division of household duties, and pest control is all her.

My cat won't eat spiders, or anything else that's not directly sitting in front of him.
I think he'd just eat lasagna if it were offered...
The queen wants to enter him in a "cutest pet" contest.
Really?? He likes to slouch with his fur-less belly hanging out.

IMG_0441.jpg

Back