Fellowship of the Drink XIII: Nightmare on Doug Street

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m going on a trip this weekend to breweries further northeast, so moving it back would have a substantial (positive?) impact on my offer. I’ll still be in regardless, but there may be more Bud Light in my photo than there otherwise would be!

Might give a chance for our temps to lower. Not shipping while Austin does its best Vulcan impression.
Screenshot_2018-07-23-14-28-49.jpeg

I'll have my offer in closer to the weekend.....when you live in podunk iowa it's hard to find other random iowa stuff. Wife is heading to the big city of des moines iowa his week and it's her job to find me beer haha

Have her goto the hyvee in Urbandale! Holy poopy of a selection!!

Honestly we liked single speed better than toppling Goliath. But TG is in the process of moving. The Waterloo location was perfect for bringing kids.

Probably my favorite brewery that I've visited - their food is amazing too. Did they still have Gracie on tap when you were there? I'd rank it up there with Dragon Fandango from TG

Offer submitted...I went with some beers that will be fine if we end up pushing this round back, so either way is cool with me.

No, and it won't let me edit it. But here are the relevant dates:

Current Timeline (subject to change if by popular demand)
Wednesday, July 11 - Create thread for Round XIII
Sunday, August 5 - All photos & final submissions due
Monday, August 6 - List of offers posted by 11:59pm EST. Order of picks revealed via random drawing exactly 7pm EST.
Sunday, August 12 - Pick day. 1st pick will be 7:00pm EST. All others will be in a 5min interval, contingent upon the rules above.

So you've got a package in limbo with USPS and FedEx?

Fedex will no longer allow me to ship because of the disastrous package to @jerbrew. That a$$hole from Fedex put something on my account. I suspect any time I drop a package off that sounds like it has liquid in it, it will immediately be flagged. I tried recently, they called me to get the package or allow them to open in "sounds like you have wine in the box". Needless to say, no more Fedex.

USPS packages are just not delivered yet. One to @Dade0 is quite behind schedule which is obscure giving it's only crossing a few state lines. It should have arrived by now. Another package to an East Coast friend also was not delivered today. It also doesn't help that USPS is friggin lazy as hell at scanning packages in to their system, so tracking is near useless!

For the dade0 package I actually set a tracer on it, so USPS is going to investigate. If they're going to ding me for shipping booze, that's fine...I just want to know. I don't think it'll be that big of a deal for the first infraction, so for now it's worth the gamble of letting them know the box is MIA in their system.

Latest posts

Back