Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since they see me on a regular basis, I tell them it is my world famous BBQ marinade, keep selling it as fast as I can make it.

I don't tell them anything. Just either let the regular delivery guy pick it up or walk in and drop off the box on the rare occasions we don't get a delivery. Pre-paid label means no questions asked or answered. And it's usually a little cheaper with an online account.

Quick question to the people with UPS/FedEx accts, as I see I am trading more and more lately, have you ever had one returned because they found out it was beer? If so is there any issues in the future?

Quick question to the people with UPS/FedEx accts, as I see I am trading more and more lately, have you ever had one returned because they found out it was beer? If so is there any issues in the future?

For me that answer is no and no. If you pack correctly, you should never have an issue and if you print your labels online it should be rare if at all that they ask you about the contents.

For me that answer is no and no. If you pack correctly, you should never have an issue and if you print your labels online it should be rare if at all that they ask you about the contents.

I've never had an issue either. I just don't want I get blacklisted if one busts for some reason and they find out

I've never had an issue either. I just don't want I get blacklisted if one busts for some reason and they find out

Even if I preprint and drop off they always ask: "anything liquid, hazardous or dangerous?" Gotta either lie outright or tell them it is olive oil or liquid yeast samples.

Since the closest drop off for me s ~20 minutes out of the way, I just ay the few extra dollars and FedEx picks it up at my house. No questions asked.

I listed that first package as household supplies. When they gave it back I didn't get the impression I was blacklisted but I'll probably hold off from using them. I didn't get a lecture, but then again it was a younger guy who gave me back my package.

Also when I called UPS about the package not being delivered, the rep on the other line knew nothing about why the box was sent back.

Even if I preprint and drop off they always ask: "anything liquid, hazardous or dangerous?" Gotta either lie outright or tell them it is olive oil or liquid yeast samples.

Never had FedEx even ask. If they did, I would probably tell them olive oil, but in a garbage bag to prevent any leakage.

The only incident I've ever had was as a recipient where it looked like they ripped the bottom out. They shoddily repacked and called the shipper. They let me go pick it up and didn't say a word about it. Lost a couple bottles, but shipper replaced them.

We need an interconnecting system of tubes to deliver parcels...I'll get the scientist working on the tube technology.

UPS has just shipped the rest of a broken/repacked shipment on a trade earlier today.
fedex tossed one last year and sent me a letter for a claim. they didn't say anything about beer at all. (i did get a refund of 34.00)

Homebrew is an all citra pale. That was the last bottle. A bucnch of my buddies came over and raided the fridge so I figured it was a hit. Hope you like

Well here we go! (No order)

Belching Beaver
Modern Times
Pizza Port
Noda
Wicked Weed
3Floyds
Alchemist
Hill Farmstead
Prairie
Cigar City (except Jai Alai and hopped on the high seas)
Prism Brewing (Love is Evol)
Neshaminy Creek (Punkless Dunkel)
Is this the most recent list?

Homebrew is an all citra pale. That was the last bottle. A bucnch of my buddies came over and raided the fridge so I figured it was a hit. Hope you like

Cool. Will probably have it tomorrow. Tonight is club meeting, so won't be home until relatively late. I'm curious since I plan to brew an all citra version of my IPA next year after my hop pre-order comes in.

Ok so after the issues Peyope had with UPS he nailed this! First pic is of all of them and the other two are just close ups. Did you get me all the New Glarus the store had? That's awesome! Also super excited to try the homebrew as the only homebrews I've had are mine, my brother, my cousin, my uncle, and my brothers father in law. So excited to try a non family member homebrew. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418230713.558494.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418230726.633540.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418230737.673784.jpg

Added more to the list!

Belching Beaver
Modern Times
Pizza Port
Noda
Wicked Weed
3Floyds
Alchemist
Hill Farmstead
Prairie
Russian River
Firestone Walker
Deschutes
Smog City
Ska Brewing
New England

If you can do only one of these then throw in some good locals that you enjoy! Just check seekabrew to make sure I can't get it in Ga. This has sat here too long.

If you're looking for a certain style for me just pick what you want (honestly). I love all styles.

Let's get this moving again.

That NG Strawberry Rhubarb is delicious.

Patrick should be getting his package today.

Can't wait to try it. I would have opened it already if I wasn't doing a bottleshare tonight. I had the westbrook rhubarb remix and loved it so I'm sure I'll love this too.

Added more to the list!

Belching Beaver
Modern Times
Pizza Port
Noda
Wicked Weed
3Floyds
Alchemist
Hill Farmstead
Prairie
Russian River
Firestone Walker
Deschutes
Smog City
Ska Brewing
New England

If you can do only one of these then throw in some good locals that you enjoy! Just check seekabrew to make sure I can't get it in Ga. This has sat here too long.

If you're looking for a certain style for me just pick what you want (honestly). I love all styles.

If it doesn't get picked up by the time I get home, I may still have a Ska beer or two left in the fridge.

Added more to the list!

Belching Beaver
Modern Times
Pizza Port
Noda
Wicked Weed
3Floyds
Alchemist
Hill Farmstead
Prairie
Russian River
Firestone Walker
Deschutes
Smog City
Ska Brewing
New England

I got this one...

Went to pick my daughter up at the bus stop and saw something leaving my house View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418241695.098668.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418241817.718830.jpg

Pointcity killed it and now I am gonna kill each and every one of these things. I hear hops are good for a cold. The cigars are gonna have to wait till I am a little less congested.

Thanks Jeremy. I am excited about this score... Never had any of them... Never heard of any of them. I got exactly what I asked for.

Went to pick my daughter up at the bus stop and saw something leaving my house View attachment 241007
View attachment 241008

Pointcity killed it and now I am gonna kill each and every one of these things. I hear hops are good for a cold. The cigars are gonna have to wait till I am a little less congested.

Thanks Jeremy. I am excited about this score... Never had any of them... Never heard of any of them. I got exactly what I asked for.

What's the homebrew?

You are welcome, the home brew is my Apricot blonde ale. It came out tart from the fresh apricot puree. AT first I did not like it, now it has aged a bit i feel it is a pretty solid brew. I might be a bit biased though.

Let's start with this list. Added a few more...

Alchemist - any

Night shift -any

Nebco -any

Jacks abby -any

HF -any

Lickinghole creek -any

Noda -any

FFF -any

Pipeworks -any

Pizza boy -any

Tired hands -any

Terrapin -any

Westbrook -any

Sweet water -any

Six point -any

Founders -any

Elysian -any

Troegs -any

Spring house -any

Ok so after the issues Peyope had with UPS he nailed this! First pic is of all of them and the other two are just close ups. Did you get me all the New Glarus the store had? That's awesome! Also super excited to try the homebrew as the only homebrews I've had are mine, my brother, my cousin, my uncle, and my brothers father in law. So excited to try a non family member homebrew. View attachment 240983View attachment 240984View attachment 240985

I'm glad you got them! The whole while I was embarrassed the complications happened (from my terrible packaging). I definitely know better now! I did buy almost every New Glarus they had at the store though I wish I could have found NG's Scream IIPA, it's a favorite of mine.

A run down of the others: The Java and the Me Myself and IPA come from a brewery in my hometown (La Crosse, WI). The Blonde Fatal from Peace Tree is a common brew here in IA. I'm not typically a fan of the style but this one packs a punch and I like that about. The two sours are from a newer brewery here in IA. It's my understanding they purchase beer from surrounding breweries and sour them. Kind of neat and really the only place doing Sours here in IA. I saw you get Bells where you live but it didn't look like that barely wine made it that far south.

To put a face to this name, on the beer labels/note -I'm the guy on the far right in the group photo.

Cheers!

Back