Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. Will probably have it tomorrow. Tonight is club meeting, so won't be home until relatively late. I'm curious since I plan to brew an all citra version of my IPA next year after my hop pre-order comes in.

Its pretty darn good. went into the bottle three weeks ago ish.

Breakside IPA! Glad everything made it. I was going to send some homebrew but you mentioned not liking sours.

Breakside IPA! Glad everything made it. I was going to send some homebrew but you mentioned not liking sours.

That'll be the first one tried. In about an hour or so I'll be giving it a try. Its all good about the sours. I've only had three or four different ones and the way they set on the tongue just didn't seem right for me. Thanks again!

Didn't get to open it until just now. Definitely not an all citra pale ale. Smells and tastes like a mint chocolate stout.

Oh no! I packed the wrong one. I feel like an ass now. I had them both next to each other must have grabbed the wrong beer. I'm sorry man

No worries. i always feel bad for the guys who do that when i judge comps. It was an awful citra pale ale but good for a mint stout. lol

Haha. I still feel bad tho. I was pretty stoked when i saw the New glarus Scream IIPA. The shop I go to is usually quick out of that one.

Hey toby, that mechahopzilla beer from NOLA was awesome. Pretty sure I liked that more than 2 hearted from bells. The others -including ghost in the machine -were spot on as well (my make a wish beer was as good as I hoped too). Maybe I've had 2 Hearted too many times but seriously that mechahopzilla blew my expectations away. You guys have some good beer down there.

Hey toby, that mechahopzilla beer from NOLA was awesome. Pretty sure I liked that more than 2 hearted from bells. The others -including ghost in the machine -were spot on as well (my make a wish beer was as good as I hoped too). Maybe I've had 2 Hearted too many times but seriously that mechahopzilla blew my expectations away. You guys have some good beer down there.
Fresh Mecha is hard to beat (and that was brewery fresh), although if you're a west coast fan, Ghost is more west coast and just as good in its own right. 2 hearted is an excellent IPA, though. I based my house IPA recipe on it and Founders Centennial.

Let's start with this list. Added a few more...

Alchemist - any

Night shift -any

Nebco -any

Jacks abby -any

HF -any

Lickinghole creek -any

Noda -any

FFF -any

Pipeworks -any

Pizza boy -any

Tired hands -any

Terrapin -any

Westbrook -any

Sweet water -any

Six point -any

Founders -any

Elysian -any

Troegs -any

Spring house -any

Will add more if needed...

Mark, nicely done sir. I think Mark accidentally sent me someone else's Not-So-Secrete-Santa box. This box was literally bursting at the seem with so much goodness. Mark thank you for being so generous on the maw(e) tread. I can't wait to enjoy all the brews especially the HB and the big Gruesome. Thank you once again.

Cheers!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418674413.006413.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418674423.442637.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418674433.183497.jpg

Mark, nicely done sir. I think Mark accidentally sent me someone else's Not-So-Secrete-Santa box. This box was literally bursting at the seem with so much goodness. Mark thank you for being so generous on the maw(e) tread. I can't wait to enjoy all the brews especially the HB and the big Gruesome. Thank you once again.

Cheers!

View attachment 242086View attachment 242087View attachment 242088

You're welcome - enjoy! Pour that Nihilist with care - it is overcarbed.

Thanks for the heads up. I will pour it easy. Maybe I will drink that tonight or in a few min.

I would open it... Have a couple other beers, then start pouring. It is awesome and worth the wait... But took me about seven pours they all ha so much head! Thanks again Mark.

Attachments

• Emaw.png
    Emaw.png
    201.8 KB · Views: 140
Let's start here, and I'll add later if needed.

Spencer Trappist
Societe (Anything)
Alchemist (Anything)
Pliny
Cigar City (Wood Aged Jai Alai, Espresso Cubano)
(512) Brewing Cascabel Cream Stout
Willing to consider anything dark and malty that I can’t get in Louisiana
Anchorage - Darkest Hour
Bootleggers - Knuckle Sandwich
Bootleggers - Black Phoenix
Carton (Anything)
DuClaw (Anything but prefer dark and malty)
Fat Head's - Hop Juju
Fat Head's - Oompa Loompa
FFF (pretty much any)
Good People - Coffee Oatmeal Stout
Heretic - Shallow Grave
Smuttynose - Baltic Porter
Smuttynose - Imperial Stout
Spring House - Lil Gruesome (really anything)
Thirsty Dog (Anything malty like scotch ale, barleywine, or stout-ish)

Let's start here, and I'll add later if needed.

Spencer Trappist
Societe (Anything)
Alchemist (Anything)
Pliny
Cigar City (Wood Aged Jai Alai, Espresso Cubano)
(512) Brewing Cascabel Cream Stout
Willing to consider anything dark and malty that I can’t get in Louisiana
Anchorage - Darkest Hour
Bootleggers - Knuckle Sandwich
Bootleggers - Black Phoenix
Carton (Anything)
DuClaw (Anything but prefer dark and malty)
Fat Head's - Hop Juju
Fat Head's - Oompa Loompa
FFF (pretty much any)
Good People - Coffee Oatmeal Stout
Heretic - Shallow Grave
Smuttynose - Baltic Porter
Smuttynose - Imperial Stout
Spring House - Lil Gruesome (really anything)
Thirsty Dog (Anything malty like scotch ale, barleywine, or stout-ish)

I haven't eMAW'd in a while. I can pick this one up. :mug:

This list is tougher to make than usual. I also have to take into account beer I can get in Texas since I'll be travelling there next week.

Pliny
2011 Bigfoot (not hopeful, but I need it to complete a vertical so I thought I'd ask)
Cigar City Puppy's Breath
Terrapin Moo-Hoo
21st Amendment Fireside Chat
Lakefront (any)
Surly Abrasive (not sure if it's out yet)
Surly Coffee Bender
Vanilla Buffalo Sweat
Troegs Mad Elf
FFF (any)
Two Brothers (any)

Looks like a good start. Will update if there's no takers for a few days.

I'm going to see if I can get fireside chat tomorrow. I'd love to grant this one for you. If I do, you'll need to PM me for any NC stuff you'd like to have as well.

So much delicious beer arrived at my place today!!

View attachment 242547

20min and $120 of painter's tape later...

View attachment 242548
View attachment 242549
View attachment 242550

Thank you so much Zeptrey, you know how to treat a man around the holidays. So many beers I haven't tried, can't wait!

Sweet! The wife told me she would pack this one so when I came home and saw the empty spools of tape that it would make it this time. Still I was a little worried. Enjoy! I personally love the Marshalls El Cucuy and the Roughtail Hoptometrist. Btw, can anyone else see the pics for some reason I'm not able to?

Back