Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad news, one of the brews leaked and my package to Hulud got returned to the UPS store. At least they are giving me back the box of beer. I'll re package (better this time ) and send it out again via FedEx.

Bad news, one of the brews leaked and my package to Hulud got returned to the UPS store. At least they are giving me back the box of beer. I'll re package (better this time ) and send it out again via FedEx.

Make sure to wear a disguise, like the glasses with a mustache, when you o to fedex. You don't want to be out of options or future shipping lol

Alright, I am in the middle if testing so I will be adding to the list throughout the day. If anything that I list is not easy let me no know.

Troegs- Mad Elf
Spring house - Big Gruesome, Martians/Santa, Satan's Bake
Belching Beaver- PB Milk Stout
Oddside Ales- Java Chip Mint, Mayan Chocolate, Hipster Brunch

Cpt. Lawrence- Frost Monster.

I will open this up a bit, any one off the list and the rest is up to you, only 2 stipulations
A) I am not a fan of sours
B) Nothing that is Distributed in MS AL TN

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

I see that Hill Farmstead Twilight of the Idols is a winter release but not sure if it is easily obtained. Anyone have any insight?

I see that Hill Farmstead Twilight of the Idols is a winter release but not sure if it is easily obtained. Anyone have any insight?

If you happen to drive to the brewery on the day it is released or possibly a few days after it should be easy to get. You may have to wait in line for a while though unless you get there over an hour early.

If you happen to drive to the brewery on the day it is released or possibly a few days after it should be easy to get. You may have to wait in line for a while though unless you get there over an hour early.

Thanks, I will not include it on the list , trying to be as easy as possible. I am open for suggestions to help move this along

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

Make sure to wear a disguise, like the glasses with a mustache, when you o to fedex. You don't want to be out of options or future shipping lol

Will do. Got the package back and UPS took some beer out. Not sure if it was broken or just a "beer tax". No worries though, this guy bought doubles of almost everything. I work til 11p tonight but will get it repackaged and sent in the next day or so.

Alright sorry to keep you guys waiting for 3+hrs. I will keep it simple to get this show on the road.

Since it is getting colder out here in CA (65 degrees) I would like some of your favorite local stouts, porters and holiday ales.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Alright sorry to keep you guys waiting for 3+hrs. I will keep it simple to get this show on the road.

Since it is getting colder out here in CA (65 degrees) I would like some of your favorite local stouts, porters and holiday ales.

Cheers!

I will do this.

Mcbaumannerb is up!

Oh. Man I hope I get some of his famouse HB!

Mcbaumannerb is up!

/QUOTE]

Could be! ;)

Okay ... for those who don't know me already ... I am asking you to send a BIF package when you grant my eMAW. So nothing special on your part - just when you grant you will actually send to another well deserving member of the HBT community!

The wish list:

Any style beer but it must include at least 2 home-brews.

The only restriction is that the commercial stuff not be available in Ohio (per seek-a-brew)

Easy peasy.

Thanks!

Mcbaumannerb is up!

/QUOTE]

Could be! ;)

Okay ... for those who don't know me already ... I am asking you to send a BIF package when you grant my eMAW. So nothing special on your part - just when you grant you will actually send to another well deserving member of the HBT community!

The wish list:

Any style beer but it must include at least 2 home-brews.

The only restriction is that the commercial stuff not be available in Ohio (per seek-a-brew)

Easy peasy.

Thanks!

I can grant this. Got a couple people in mind for BIF so this is good timing for me.

OK, here we go:

Cigar city
Allagash
Troegs
Tired Hands
Revolution
Crooked Stave
Jester King
Russian River
Port
Funkwerks
Prairie
Wicked Weed
No-Da: Hop Drop N Roll

So as always, any two off of this list OR: Any ONE off of this list plus one of your home-brews (as long as your homebrew isn't widely distributed in MN…). OR, since a lot of these breweries are spread out: if you can get ONE of them and then add your favorite Porter or IPA that isn't distributed to MN or WI that would be just fine.

IPA's and Porters would be the styles at the top of my list, sours of course too since many of the breweries I listed do only or mainly just sours.

Is speedway stout hard to find? I picked up a bottle tonight and they had a bunch on the shelf along with the wee heavy. I see it on a bunch of lists

Is speedway stout hard to find? I picked up a bottle tonight and they had a bunch on the shelf along with the wee heavy. I see it on a bunch of lists

There are BA versions that are hard to get. I think the regular is shelf beer where it is distributed. I got my first one in IL yesterday and stuck it in the beer closet.

Pretty easy to find in Oregon and tastes better than 99% of the beers requested in the regular MAW (my opinion of course).

Pretty easy to find in Oregon and tastes better than 99% of the beers requested in the regular MAW (my opinion of course).

I have a hard time decoding what is requested in the regular MAW thread (I lost my decoder ring), but regular Speedway is amazing. I wish it was distro'd down here.

Hmm I'm opening it tomorrow then maybe I'll have to stock up. What's the difference between the two? Also what's the BA stand for? All I can think of is beer advocate haha

I have a hard time decoding what is requested in the regular MAW thread (I lost my decoder ring), but regular Speedway is amazing. I wish it was distro'd down here.

Haha...my thoughts exactly. I check it from time to time just to see if maybe by some crazy chance I might have something I can grant. I never have more than one. That being said regular Speedway is awesome. Better than a lot of the BA stouts I've had.

Well here we go! (No order)

Belching Beaver
Modern Times
Pizza Port
Noda
Wicked Weed
3Floyds
Alchemist
Hill Farmstead
Prairie
Cigar City (except Jai Alai and hopped on the high seas)
Prism Brewing (Love is Evol)
Neshaminy Creek (Punkless Dunkel)

I went yesterday in the dreary cold and watched a terribly ****ty football game...however....I came home to a box full of happiness. It turned the night around pretty quick. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1417962401.895796.jpg
Mr Goss hit four or five off the list and multiples from fff and bells. Even a Troegs....a little tear just came to my eye. You made my weekend sir! Luckily the beer was fairly cold so you also helped me forget most of that craptastic game! Good job!

There are BA versions that are hard to get. I think the regular is shelf beer where it is distributed. I got my first one in IL yesterday and stuck it in the beer closet.
This. Regular Speedway is shelf.
Hmm I'm opening it tomorrow then maybe I'll have to stock up. What's the difference between the two? Also what's the BA stand for? All I can think of is beer advocate haha
BA is Barrel Aged. Most of the BA variants have a different coffee used also, e.g. Vietnamese.

Sorry about the lack of updates. Received my package on Friday from Toby!

20141207_192550_zps6caa123f.jpg

Unfortunately my package to hulud was returned. Almost done repackaging. Going to run to the store and pick up a couple extras to hopefully make up for the delay.

14180020569471098510634_zpse8cbbf05.jpg

Cheers!

Unfortunately my package to hulud was returned. Almost done repackaging. Going to run to the store and pick up a couple extras to hopefully make up for the delay.

Cheers!

Just a thought. I would put all the beer inside a trash bag or something some what leak proof. That way if something breaks it doesn't leak through the box resulting in more delays. I learned the hard way myself.

Cheers!

No worries man!

Like hawgwild81 said, put all the beers in a trash bag incase of leakage to prevent some liquid from goin through the box

Just a thought. I would put all the beer inside a trash bag or something some what leak proof. That way if something breaks it doesn't leak through the box resulting in more delays. I learned the hard way myself.

I like that idea.

Be careful with that Fire Ant, it is a mind eraser in larger quantities.

I took 2 growlers to a friends wedding. I drank 1 growler throughout the day and the better part of one throughout the evening. I remember bits and pieces of the night, the most memorable was talking to an Australian guy about Silver Chair and Vegemite.

As far as packing goes, I pack it with the thought of it being thrown around. I roll my bottles up in a significant amount of bubble wrap. I then line the box with packing paper with a trash bag in the center. I then place my bottles/cans in the trash bag and pack it in tight. I then give it the shake test. I hold the box shut and shake it, if I hear movement I pack it tighter. It has worked out so far ( knock on wood).

Package to Patrick should be picked up today. Packed with some southern goodness and a little extra ho ho ho.

Toby, are you guys getting any Crooked Letter down there yet?

You got it! I'm excited to try them.

Also, I'm stopping at FedEx in between work sites today so hulud, you should have a PM by the end of the day.

Latest posts

Back