Official Lambic.Info thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got a couple cantillon labels I don't see on the log... 2 gueuze and 1 kriek:

GSHE07q.jpg
nMmxH2K.jpg
6XI57S8.jpg

got a couple cantillon labels I don't see on the log... 2 gueuze and 1 kriek:

GSHE07q.jpg
nMmxH2K.jpg
6XI57S8.jpg

Picture for the bottle log. Date already established

April 2, 2001

Multiples opened at the Shelton pre-fest event at the Porter

9NavNaw.jpg

N2LN0v8.jpg

Adding now, thanks guys!

"The purpose of this article is to explore the historical, etymological, linguistic, and orthographic differences found among lambic terminology, labeling, and appellation."

c7edfd413c043088322916ba487e0ed7.jpg

This is still my absolute favorite post in this thread.

That's cool, how many is that count for? 2,000 something? Funny thing is those were all bottled on 29.12.2017 and not 20.12. Was there the day they were bottling and took a video.
Yeah 2000
Guess the problem with printscreening that stuff is that they really can't change it if they're just too lazy the 20th

Are there any subpages that have the blend information for the 2016-17 3F Armand & Gaston bottles? I notice that mine has a little sticker on the back with the blend number, season and a description which appears to be different from others. Should we all be submitting this information (plus photos) to lambic.info if the powers that be deem this to be useful information?

Funny thing is those were all bottled on 29.12.2017 and not 20.12. Was there the day they were bottling and took a video.

So what you're telling us is that bottle on dates cant be trusted and are sometimes not even accurate? Better add that to the bottle log right ****ing now in bold font.

Are there any subpages that have the blend information for the 2016-17 3F Armand & Gaston bottles? I notice that mine has a little sticker on the back with the blend number, season and a description which appears to be different from others. Should we all be submitting this information (plus photos) to lambic.info if the powers that be deem this to be useful information?

I think I have all of this past seasons rear labels w/ description in a PDF from 3F, but I think it's all in Dutch. Let me run and check.

Also year, clearly made a mistake above w/ that magnum date, should be 2016, not 2017.

I think I have all of this past seasons rear labels w/ description in a PDF from 3F, but I think it's all in Dutch. Let me run and check.

Also year, clearly made a mistake above w/ that magnum date, should be 2016, not 2017.

Yep, found 'em. Stevedore, curious which one you're talking about. I can compare it to the files I have. I'll have to check to see if I can upload the images/PDF, but otherwise they're in the queue of things to transcribe onto the site.

s4trMvw.jpg

R6Qrh2e.jpg

Blend no. 7 from 16/17 season (back label for the bottle log if acceptable). Crisp and dry apple skins, light barrel, quite floral on the nose. Not as much lemon as I've noted from prior Drie Fonteinen oude geuzes, but certainly still within the wheelhouse of blend variation. I get a bit more dry green apple skin on the backend, mild-moderate acetic acidity. A slightly more substantial mouthfeel, appropriately carbonated, a slight leathery finish which finishes a bit dry. I found this one to be a bit drier, acetic and more on the tart apples rather than the lemon portion of the spectrum that I'm accustomed to from Drie, but very much enjoyed drinking this one. It'll be interesting to see what other blends are like.

Speaking of LPK, anyone know if there was a bottling this year? Looks like they usually bottle it in September.

No problem. Apparently its a "failed" batch that stopped fermentig at 4,5%, but they still bottled it. As far as I know its pretty rare (Atleast in my hometown. Only got like 40 bottles.)

Hommage also has that same low ABV rating, but what happens is that they take the ABV at time of bottling and use that for the label. It should continue to trend upward towards 6% as it continues to referment in the bottle.

Very happy with these, is it something you can use on the website? Still regret it that I never visited the Rare Vos when it was open, my ex lived 5 minutes from the place! I'm sure you guys are aware of the fact that they are planning on opening again next spring. I've heard many great stories about this place so I have high hopes, here is the new website

http://derarevos.com/

And this page has some great pictures from back in the days and if you need any translation help let me know.

http://www.schepdaal.be/rarevos.htm

I'm sure you guys are aware of the fact that they are planning on opening again next spring. I've heard many great stories about this place so I have high hopes, here is the new website

I had heard rumors, but nothing concrete. This great!

http://derarevos.com/

And this page has some great pictures from back in the days and if you need any translation help let me know.

http://www.schepdaal.be/rarevos.htm

Will read these ASAPm the pictures are awesome! SwedishJesus

Back