Official Lambic.Info thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not entirely related but AT&T Park (SF Giants baseball stadium) has an endless supply of this vintage, we had some at beerherder's bachelor party a couple years ago & they still have them as of earlier this month. Priced at $20, or the same as 2 Coors Lights. It's my favorite Tilquin release ever.
This was a mistake on my part, as the actual bottle date was 2011, but the sticker was 10-11. I'm guessing they don't sell them (10-11 sticker) to go at the stadium... But if they do please let me know.

This was a mistake on my part, as the actual bottle date was 2011, but the sticker was 10-11. I'm guessing they don't sell them (10-11 sticker) to go at the stadium... But if they do please let me know.

They do not sell the 2010/2011s to go but like I said, they've lasted this long, I'm convinced they have an endless supply.

Some of these read a little weird, like: "Speling van het Lot III - Ferme Fraise is a lambic blended with one-year old 3 Fonteinen lambic for two months." In the Dutch text below it specifically says it's anot blended.
I assume it’s just single lambic blended with fruit.

Some of these read a little weird, like: "Speling van het Lot III - Ferme Fraise is a lambic blended with one-year old 3 Fonteinen lambic for two months." In the Dutch text below it specifically says it's anot blended.

Yeah, I just cleaned that one up a bit. Hard to write something new when it’s aleady all written out in the label ;)

Is there some good info out there about the different things 3F is doing with honey? A&G b21 and b56 were quite different, and it seems like honey may have been added at a different point in the process for these bottles. It's not clear to me from the recent Golden Blend description when the honey was added.

Is there some good info out there about the different things 3F is doing with honey? A&G b21 and b56 were quite different, and it seems like honey may have been added at a different point in the process for these bottles. It's not clear to me from the recent Golden Blend description when the honey was added.

That’s something I’m trying to work on right now got various batches, bottlings, and blends in hopes of adding some sort of tag or category in the wiki. But yeah, there’s a lot of different stages of adding the honey so it’d be cool to pull them out.

That’s something I’m trying to work on right now got various batches, bottlings, and blends in hopes of adding some sort of tag or category in the wiki. But yeah, there’s a lot of different stages of adding the honey so it’d be cool to pull them out.

Seems like with honing (which I think was used in b21) the honey was added to freshly made wort, and with b56 honey was added sometime around bottling, at least the way I read it? I'd love to try the '15 honing on site some day, it really contributed something cool to b21.

If you still need images SeaWatchman
8113DCFB-B788-4E69-BC76-A5A8C4199C78.jpeg
7B4FF4FF-EE18-4387-A113-5702779FF16A.jpeg

Picked up a 375 of 3F Oude Kriek with the honeybee on the label over the weekend in Bend, Oregon. Is there much difference in this version that has honey added?

Latest posts

Back