Official Lambic.Info thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new St-Lam bottling date for SeaWatchman

359lnqp.jpg

Picked up some St Lam in Italy, 14th Nov 16 bottling date, has the 16/17 Cantillon cork but the ABV says 7.5%. The picture for the 14th Nov 16 bottling on Lambic.info shows a Euro label with 5% ABV. I emailed Cantillon and was told it must be a typo and that the ABV should say 7%. I'm a little confused, can anyone shed some light on this? Are fake Cantillons a thing?

Picked up some St Lam in Italy, 14th Nov 16 bottling date, has the 16/17 Cantillon cork but the ABV says 7.5%. The picture for the 14th Nov 16 bottling on Lambic.info shows a Euro label with 5% ABV. I emailed Cantillon and was told it must be a typo and that the ABV should say 7%. I'm a little confused, can anyone shed some light on this? Are fake Cantillons a thing?

I think Cantillon plays a little fast and loose with their stated ABV on the label, as evidenced by this thread: https://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/cantillon-analytics.22007/

I think Lam is way closer to 7% than the stated 5%, but I'm not aware of them having changed their labels or of them having started to measure their gravities precisely. Would definitely take a picture of the label to put on the site though!

[ I m g ] [ / I m g ]
I think Cantillon plays a little fast and loose with their stated ABV on the label, as evidenced by this thread: https://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/cantillon-analytics.22007/

I think Lam is way closer to 7% than the stated 5%, but I'm not aware of them having changed their labels or of them having started to measure their gravities precisely. Would definitely take a picture of the label to put on the site though!

Interesting thread, cheers for the link, I wonder how do they get away with that?
I received another email from Sophie at Cantillon today stating that this batch of St Lamvinus is definitely 7% and that the Euro labels are wrong. Will email a picture, can't figure out how to do it on here!

[ I m g ] [ / I m g ]

Interesting thread, cheers for the link, I wonder how do they get away with that?
I received another email from Sophie at Cantillon today stating that this batch of St Lamvinus is definitely 7% and that the Euro labels are wrong. Will email a picture, can't figure out how to do it on here!

Here's a picture of the 7% label:

NuYNLnI.jpg

Odd question here. Does anyone know the story with the 07 iris vintage that was bottled in 2011? Did it sit in barrels for over 3 years?

Odd question here. Does anyone know the story with the 07 iris vintage that was bottled in 2011? Did it sit in barrels for over 3 years?

I don't think 2-years is a hard and fast rule; it just depends on when the lambic is ready and since Iris is a separate brew it's not like it usually gets blended into other beers. That or they just had labels around that needed to be used up. Bruocsella dating is the same way too.

Also keep in mind that the last day of one year and the first day of another are kind of close to two years on the brewing/bottling schedule numerically speaking (not in this case but certainly for some Bruocsella bottlings with a 2007 date but bottled in early 2010)

I didn't take a pic but the bottle of Vig we just had was dated October 25, 2016

Back