What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you!

I have read about carving with a dremel, but have not tried it yet. That Indian head is just amazing!! You are very talented indeed! :mug:

I have a Dremel and wondered how the results looked as well. I may have to give it a try myself. Although I'm not artistic in any way.

The Armour Etch reviews did indicate that larger areas tend to appear blotchy, so I stayed away from it. Maybe I can load some media into my sandblaster and try that as well.

You're too kind - thank you! We call my Dad "Big Chief" so that's the reason for the decor on that bottle. It's blasted/etched then rubbed with a silver oil-based paint. Hard to tell that in the photo.

My favorite medium is 12" square black granite tile. Here is one I did on that - and then I'll stop bragging - LOL! First one is tile before adding color, second one has acrylic paint rubbed into the etched portions:

You do some nice work!
I did sous vide chicken cordon bleu, beet greens, pasta in garlic and oil along with a sourdough loaf, didn't get a good picture so it probable didn't happen:D

You're too kind - thank you! We call my Dad "Big Chief" so that's the reason for the decor on that bottle. It's blasted/etched then rubbed with a silver oil-based paint. Hard to tell that in the photo.

My favorite medium is 12" square black granite tile. Here is one I did on that - and then I'll stop bragging - LOL! First one is tile before adding color, second one has acrylic paint rubbed into the etched portions:

That too is just amazing! I don't think I could draw that with a pencil, much less carve it into stone! Very nice work! :mug:

Home brew barrel-aged Barleywine off of the tap and some of the regulars, as I call them.

View attachment 350182

No like button that I can figure out on the phone app, but that looks good! I've never had a barley wine that I liked, but 4 years ago I was saying that about sours, and now they are top of my list. Figure I have just never tried a good one!

No like button that I can figure out on the phone app, but that looks good! I've never had a barley wine that I liked, but 4 years ago I was saying that about sours, and now they are top of my list. Figure I have just never tried a good one!

I was the same exact way about sours a couple years ago, recently that's all I want to drink though. It's sad that it's so hard to find though.

At the Big Texas Beer Fest the last two years Jester King has brought rare sours. We buy VIP tickets so we get in 1 hour before the hordes. Both years JK has brought really limited beers, both were sours, and both ran out in less than an hour. Last years was the best beer I have ever tasted, bar none. That was a sour fermented with wild yeast, which they then took and added two types of cherries and fermented a second time in oak casks! This year was the same process but they added Tempranillo grapes instead of cherries. Both were remarkable!

Oh, and last year they ran out in 45 minutes, and this year they were out after 30 minutes, but both were worth the price of the VIP tickets just to get to taste them!!

Oh, and last year they ran out in 45 minutes, and this year they were out after 30 minutes, but both were worth the price of the VIP tickets just to get to taste them!!

I'm extremely jealous of you right now. That sounds absolutely amazing. I'm hoping to be in Germany next year, depending on where my travels take me and really hoping to try some amazing sours. Especially a traditional berliner weisse with the syrup.

Cooked this "yummy-looking" sour starter based on Greek yogurt as a source of lacto. ;-)

Sour starter.JPG

Chocolate-covered bacon.

None of that fake chocolate, melting wafer bull****. I used real chocolate, the kind that needs to be tempered with temperature control and tender, loving care. :) Sorta like brewing...

Got a nice brine chillin' in the fridge... Apples, cinnamon stick, whole cloves, peppercorns, smashed garlic, bay, brown sugar, honey, molasses. Gonna sink some chickens in there Saturday AM and smoke 'em with a bit of applewood come afternoon. Yeah I might crush some beers throughout the process.

Chicken stock going. This organic, special beetle fed, hand petted, golden water bowl, free range with masseuse chicken cost $17 for a 4lb bird!!! Gah...getting everything out of it. Stock started, carrots are home grown remainders from lst year planting but tasted great!

When someone tells you that you can use the carrot greens in stuff....maybe you should taste them before blindly believing the internet! Those greens are now out on the compost pile!

Chicken stock going. This organic, special beetle fed, hand petted, golden water bowl, free range with masseuse chicken cost $17 for a 4lb bird!!! Gah...getting everything out of it. Stock started, carrots are home grown remainders from lst year planting but tasted great!

When someone tells you that you can use the carrot greens in stuff....maybe you should taste them before blindly believing the internet! Those greens are now out on the compost pile!

With what you are doing, you are on the right track. The greens would fade into the background and just be another interesting layer! Sounds good so far!!

Back