What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening to the 2023 remix of the 1978 Richard Wright (Pink Floyd) “Wet Dream” album. Remixed by Steven Wilson in hi-rez stereo, 5.1 surround, and Dolby ATMOS on blu-ray. I’ve never heard this album sound better.

Last edited:
<iframe width="591" height="360" src="YouTube" title="The Beatles - Now And Then (Official Music Video)" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New Beatles! Imagine that. And it's a really good Beatles song.

<iframe width="591" height="360" src="YouTube" title="The Beatles - Now And Then (Official Music Video)" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New Beatles! Imagine that. And it's a really good Beatles song.

Roisin Murphy - You knew
Roisin Murphy - Fader
Lorn - Pawo
James Blake - Loading
Sevdaliza - Darkest hour

Denny Laine passed away on Tuesday, RIP. He was one of the founding members of two legendary bands - The Moody Blues, and Wings. I briefly met him about 20 years ago in Atlantic City, NJ. The Moody Blues first big hit was "Go Now," sung by Laine and released in 1964. Here's a video of Laine singing it in 1977.

I've been building a monster computer (14900KS, RTX4090 24GB OC, 64GB of DDR5-6000 memory, 2X 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe5 drives, and a 4TB Sata6Gb for backups - no spinning media!) to replace the venerable workstation I built back in 2009, and today I've been loading random stuff like picture, video and music archives.

Been listening to Electric Light Orchestra with the sound system cranked and the office door closed for the last hour while The Spousal Unit rolls her eyes in the living room ;)

Mister Blue Sky indeed!
Lovin' this! :rock:

[edit] lol! "crepuscular" is a whole new automunge. Thanks Google!

Last edited:
I've been building a total crepuscular computer (14900KS, RTX4090 24GB OC, 64GB of DDR5-6000 memory, 2X 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe5 drives, and a 4TB Sata6Gb for backups - no spinning media!) to replace the venerable workstation I built back in 2009, and today I've been loading random stuff like picture, video and music archives.

Been listening to Electric Light Orchestra with the sound system cranked and the office door closed for the last hour while The Spousal Unit rolls her eyes in the living room ;)

Mister Blue Sky indeed!
Funny, I just listened to ELO's album "Time" yesterday.

I've been building a monster computer (14900KS, RTX4090 24GB OC, 64GB of DDR5-6000 memory, 2X 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe5 drives, and a 4TB Sata6Gb for backups - no spinning media!) to replace the venerable workstation I built back in 2009, and today I've been loading random stuff like picture, video and music archives.

Mister Blue Sky indeed!

Cool. What is your workstation use? I do video and built a 13900k system earlier this year and am quite happy.

Are you sure it's autocorrect? Maybe the profanity filter went a little wonky?

Maybe the profanity filter is getting annoyed and tired of just deleting what you slip in and has decided that rather than straight removal, it's going to be removal and creative replacement?

Wink Tea GIF by Dolly Parton

Sure, it could be that 🤔

Cool. What is your workstation use? I do video and built a 13900k system earlier this year and am quite happy.

I still have a hand in designing SSDs for one of the big players in the segment (starts with M, ends with N, located in Idaho of all places) and need the horsepower to make simulation runs quick enough to keep me from getting bored waiting. My old system was based on an 8-core/16-thread Xeon 3.33ghz processor and an ATI 5970 that once totally pegged the Windows 7 Ultimate Experience meter, but have since gotten long in the tooth - while my patience grows shorter by the year ;)

Also, I've been wanting to do more with flight sims but the old machine held me back (stutter ain't my thing!)

I'm feeling pretty good that this beast will handle all I can throw at it for at least a couple of years :)

Cheers!

I hear you on everything. If you are around computers many years, your patience disappears for anything other than super quick! These chips do run hot. I have a 360mm water cooler and it is doing a nice job. Undervolting is your friend in my experience.

I'm using pretty much all Corsair stuff on this build so the AIO is their [Elite Capellix H150i XT] 360mm unit, top-firing up out their 5000T case.

I was worried it would be loud but - no pun intended - I'm a big fan of AIOs now :) It's amazing how effective it is, just messing around with the system and comparing it to my old air-cooled system running the same programs - with its monstrous CPU cooler that when pressed sounds like a cat' launch about to happen - while the new machine basically purrs along...

Cheers!

Last edited:
I found the same thing with the help of a nice YouTuber who made a video about tuning your AIO cooler. I learned to turn all of the fans and the water cooler pump down to basically inaudible levels, then start by raising the pump up as high as you can tolerate for noise. Then make your fan curves. This resulted in most "normal" tasks begin covered by the water cooler doing the heavy lifting. My fans only cycle up for certain heavy tasks. Even when I encode .mp4 files the fans are not at full cycle, so the system is nearly silent which is awesome for my audio work!

I will mention the undervolting again because it plays in to the system heat and workload. Without any kind of overclock, the difference between stock and the undervolt settings is quite large. At stock, that same .mp4 encode turns the computer into an airport running at 100%. It is plain overkill voltage that gets thrown at the system which generates a ton more heat than necessary.

It is.
Toots' version of Louie Louie is the shiznit.
Yeah it is!
To be fair, there’s no such thing as a bad Toots and the Maytals song though.

(To stay on topic) Currently Playing:
Gang Green - Alcohol (not reggae related at all really)

Back