What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added another couple jazz albums today both by Coleman Hawkins.
20240508_161221.jpg

When I was young I was a competitive horse rider for many years for a local stable that had a riding camp up in New London NH on Pleasant Lake. At the age of 14 I was already 6' 3" and looked 18, was the go-to person for buying beer amongst my peers. And I was driving the camp's 30 foot horse trailer rig to shows, dragging it behind an ancient Kenworth tractor, generally leaving the camp at 3 or 4 am to make it to the venue by 8. Things were a lot looser back then plus there was the whole cover-of-darkness thing :)

Aaanyway...the very first trip I rowed the tranny on that beast, this song was playing in the cab. I'll never forget it...though the song literally had nothing relating to the trip...

This song always plays in my head this time of year. not really a choice. Lots of songs are like that for me, Music imprinted in teenage years can be like that, still have the vinyl, I believe, but don't need it 'cause it plays in my head. At least this is a good one...Similar story to song happened to one of my high school swim teem mates, or so I was told at the time.

Back