What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there I was: drinking home-bru, perusing HBT, youtube on in the background, playing an unspecified "heavy rock" playlist. And then bam: another gawdawful "reaction" video pops up, by some ditzy "vocal coach" who has to share her outstanding "reaction video" of her watching another youtube video, from "this amazing band she's never heard before".

Makes me want to barf!

</end rant>

Last edited:
So there I was: drinking home-bru, perusing HBT, youtube on in the background, playing an unspecified "heavy rock" playlist. And then bam: another gawdawful "reaction" video pops up, by some ditzy "vocal coach" who has to share her outstanding "reaction video" of her watching another youtube video, from "this amazing band she's never heard before".

Makes me want to barf!

</end rant>

So as a coach in the music industry, she was unfamiliar with Smoke on the Water... also people like Ian Gillan, Joe Satriani, Joe Lynn Turner (Street of Dreams), David Coverdale, Ritchie Blackmore... on and on...

I grew up rocking to the 70's and 80's music while my folks liked country. As I got older, I learned to appreciate their music and now am a hybrid rock and country fan.

I will admit I was a die hard rocker. But, as I got a bit older, the country stuff kicked in. Travis Tritt, Charlie Daniels, Molly Hatchet and others in that vein. I really enjoyed Kenny Chesney. He was one of the first concerts I took my daughter to, and he puts on a great show.

I like a lot of the old classic rockers who straddle the line between country and rock, such as Lynyrd Skynyrd, Outlaws, Molly Hatchet, etc. But I've never really been onboard with Country music in general.

However I have been getting more and more into bluegrass, and have seen Brothers Comatose a few times, but I think even they are a mix of bluegrass and rock. @redrocker652002 perhaps you're aware of them, since, like you, they're based in the bay area?

And their most excellent cover of Neil Young's Harvest Moon.

Last edited:
Country music today is pretty hit-or-miss for me. Pre-2000s country is mostly good, I dig it. These days... suffice to say I'm not a fan of bro-country.

Here's a song that my wife likes and I kinda like. It's not one I'm jamming out to, but I appreciate how they called out where the genre is going.

I grew up rocking to the 70's and 80's music while my folks liked country. As I got older, I learned to appreciate their music and now am a hybrid rock and country fan.

haha, i'm right there with you. If you have Sirius radio, Red White and Booze is a great station.

1706137996793.png

Country music today is pretty hit-or-miss for me. Pre-2000s country is mostly good, I dig it. These days... suffice to say I'm not a fan of bro-country.

Here's a song that my wife likes and I kinda like. It's not one I'm jamming out to, but I appreciate how they called out where the genre is going.

Yes i love that song. Clever lyrics.

I gotta admit, never a huge country guy, more a guitar driven 80's rocker. But as I got older and started listening, guys like Travis Tritt, Keith Uban and Brad Paisley really caught my attention simply because they can really play a guitar. This blew me away, simple acoustic guitar and him.

I gotta admit, never a huge country guy, more a guitar driven 80's rocker. But as I got older and started listening, guys like Travis Tritt, Keith Uban and Brad Paisley really caught my attention simply because they can really play a guitar. This blew me away, simple acoustic guitar and him.

Thanks for that. My best friend and roomate in college played geetar up in PA. He played this all the time. Girls cycled through our room because of the music. I married one of them. Grilling a steak for her at the moment.

Thanks for that. My best friend and roomate in college played geetar up in PA. He played this all the time. Girls cycled through our room because of the music. I married one of them. Grilling a steak for her at the moment.
Awesome. My wife was never into music, still isn't. I went to a lot of shows by my self and have started doing that again. Met some really cool folks though so that was nice.

Have I mentioned that I'm really upset that I can't find the Old Dominion Meow Mix on Amazon Music anymore, and it sounds like it was pulled from other streaming services too.

04cug-meow-mix-old-dominion-lg.jpg

Brewing right now, alone at home so I can listen to whatever I want at whatever volume I want...
Stuck on a sort of Prog/Melodic djenty metal vibe for today methinks, been listening to these guys and a similair one called Valis Ablaze.

Back