What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd never known any Deep Purple songs besides "Smoke on the Water" until I heard (and saw) this on MTV in like 1985 I think. Soon as I heard/saw this, I knew I had to hear everything else they'd done... Anyways, "Perfect Strangers", one of my favorite songs in ANY genre!

20231019_153725.jpg

I was watching "Documentary Now!" with my 33-year-old daughter, and Tom Jones made an appearance. She didn't know who he was (kids!), so I looked up some songs for her to listen to. This popped up. Didn't know it existed. Thought it was a joke. And then the song started. If my math is correct, he was 60 years old when this was recorded. What a voice.

I'm not a Tom Petty fan, and when I heard about this, I thought, "Rich bimbo with no talent, trying to cash in on her husband's fame." I was wrong, though. She can really sing. I never liked the Tom Petty version, but I like this.

Back