Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is about to happen. Yes, that is a 2008.

One beer. Three glasses. One guy.

Any thoughts on glassware choice or outcome?

1396835016297.jpg

Where is the thread where we place bets on whether you all survive?? :tank:

Here is the box from the other team we are drinking with. We have finger paints and plastic bowling along with horrible movies to keep us busy. Going to be a challenge since we have to drink the other box in order without knowing what is in each bottle....only one we know is one is a 2011 Old Stock Cellar Reserve.

wmbif1.jpg

wmbif2.jpg

Here is the box from the other team we are drinking with. We have finger paints and plastic bowling along with horrible movies to keep us busy. Going to be a challenge since we have to drink the other box in order without knowing what is in each bottle....only one we know is one is a 2011 Old Stock Cellar Reserve.

Are you going to peel the covers off as you drink them?

Kind of harsh that you don't get to pick the lineup so you can actually taste the beers you might enjoy early on.

Also, just consider the strawberry- and lime-a-rita a mid-tasting palate cleanser.

Are you going to peel the covers off as you drink them?

Kind of harsh that you don't get to pick the lineup so you can actually taste the beers you might enjoy early on.

Also, just consider the strawberry- and lime-a-rita a mid-tasting palate cleanser.

I think we get to take the cover off after we drink it...I think its mean but that kind of half the point of this BIF, hopefully they are all fantastic beers and we will get an unbiased opinion of them.

Haha. The suspense is killing me. Guess I'll just have to wait till after work to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Tasty treats from FermentNEthing! He sent some homemade kimchi ohhh and was there beer in the box too?? Yes there was! 2 of his Bba breakfast stout, '11 Oerbier and my first Wake n Bake! I will be doing a side by side with Founders Breakfast Stout to settle the argument for myself. :D Thanks Eric!!

From Snoopburbs arrived today. Can't wait to crack open that Heady tonight! Thanks again! Would be happy to trade again any time!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396981309.252395.jpg

I've had a few questions about the lambic orders. Is there a preference between Belgian in a Box vs etre gourmet vs others? Are you picking solely based on availability? Shipping cost? Something else?

I've had a few questions about the lambic orders. Is there a preference between Belgian in a Box vs etre gourmet vs others? Are you picking solely based on availability? Shipping cost? Something else?

For me its just based on pricing and availability, with availability really being the driving factor. A dollar or two a bottle is kind of moot when you are talking about shipping from Belgium, but the ability to get a 2011 Kriek vs a 2013 makes a big difference to me. I find BIAB usually has the least available for Cantillon, etre gourmet is good, and Trappist World has the rarer bottles longer. That being said this is my first order so I am FAR from an expert.

If it was Trappist World, it looks like he probably ordered 1 of each of the six packs. One includes a Vig and the other a St Lam.

Yes, this is correct. I had never had either the St Lam or the Vig so that's why I decided on them vs either of the other 2 retailers.

Sent from my Commodore64

Nice haul! Love Blind Pig and that FWXVI is one of my favorite beers ever. Such a great blend last year!

Yea I can't wait to drink one tomorrow

Sent from my Commodore64

Back