Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Sunday morning. It's a crisp 18*F here in Western New York, with a wisp of light snow floating straight down. Today, I need to clean out my workshop so that I can get my car in and get the oil changed and tires rotated. No small task, if you could see the shop...

Not feeling all that hot this morning so I think I'll skip breakfast.
Hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday.

:mug:

Good Sunday Morning. 61* here in east coast central Florida. Partly cloudy, high is expected to be 81*F. Have to work midday for 4 hours, then I will watch the Daytona 500 later in the afternoon.

Take it easy.

Good Sunday morning brewers. It's a cool and windy 36*F here in western New York. The wind is supposed to blow all day in the 30-40 mph range, with some gusts reaching upwards of 70 mph.

I think I'll try and brew an English pale ale. what better idea could I have than trying to brew on a day we are likely to loose power, trees are likely to, at the very least, drop a few branches, if not totally uproot, anything not tied down might end up in the next county. Good idea. Brew a beer in the shop.

First I have to have some breakfast, a couple of over easy eggs, sausage patties, home fries, and a cup of coffee should hit the spot.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

:mug::mug::mug::mug:

Once again Sunday Morning has rolled around. Good Sunday morning everyone.

Here in Western New York, it is a very breezy 35*F with temps. likely to go up near 50*F later. The wind is supposed to continue all day, and it is likely that we get some rain. We may loose most of our snow today. My grandson will be disappointed that the seasons sledding may be at an end. I need to move some fire wood today. It may have to wait until tomorrow. I might spend some time building a new double brew burner stand instead.

I'm making a corned beef for dinner, so I'll need that to go into the oven this morning or I'll forget it altogether.

First things, first though, eggs over easy, home fries, sausage patties dark toast, and coffee sound like a good way to get things started this morning.

I hope all have a wonderful Sunday.

Another Sunday with lost sleep..... I wish we could do away with time changes.... Anyway sunny and 68 degrees - going up to 81. On my second cup of coffee. Have a good day.

Good Sunday morning HBT & Happy St. Patrick's Day! It's finally warmed up a bit here & actually feels like spring, even though the snow on my lawn is over a foot deep & there's a 4 foot pile of it along the driveway. I've been chopping ice every few days, trying to drain the lake that used to be my driveway. Finally got the upper hand on it yesterday & it's mostly just mud now. Should be another gorgeous day, but I've worked all night, so I'll be sleeping most of the day. I hope you all have a great day!
Regards, GF. :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day. It's a cool 32*F here in western New York. A light snow is falling, though the warm weather of the last few days has melted most of the snow that has cover the ground for months. Today is not supposed to be very nice, so I imagine I will help SWMBO shampoo the carpets. After all I spent the day yesterday brewing.

I will invite my folks over for a fried chicken and biscuits dinner tonight. I haven't had them over for most of the winter due to the snow and ice. It just isn't worth the risk at their age.

I may even sneak in an extract IPA brew while the carpet is drying. We will see. I already have two beers fermenting, although my English Pale Ale is nearly ready to bottle. My pipe line is filling rapidly.

First will come breakfast, left over corned beef from last nights dinner for some hash, over easy eggs, some dark toast and a couple cups of coffee should do the trick.

I hope everyone enjoys there Sunday.

Happy St Patrick's everyone! SWMBO big holiday celebration day. HB Irish Red on tap, Guinness Foreign in bottles plus various Irish whiskeys and Irish creams abound. Doing bangers and mash with bacon cabbage for mid-day meal later.

Will be kegging 5 gal hoppy blonde later today and prepping for a 10gal pale ale brew on Monday (don't have to work until Tue). Watching "Irish"movies during the day (wife and I pick equal numbers, mine Boondock Saints 1&2, hers The Quietman and Michael Collins) while eating, drinking, laundry and hanging in the brewery.

Brewery playlist is a shuffle of various Irish bands including Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Murphy, enter the haggis, seven nations, galic storm among others.

Happy St Pats day!! - Church, Brunch with friends, put together a 5 Gallon batch of Joe's Ancient Orange Mead and racked a 5 gal Groenfell Meadery Psychopomp (Tart Cherry) Hydromel clone from primary. Looking forward to some warmer weather. (Lost a foot of snow the last few days and have another foot plus to go.) Local flooding has closed some roads.

Sunday morning has once again dawned here in Western New York. It's a crisp 21*F and the sky is crystal clear. The weatherman claims it will be a nice day today, some where near 50*F.

We have our 4 year old grandson here at the house for the weekend. yesterday we were busy visiting the neighbor's dairy farm, stepping in cow poop, looking at the milk in the big refrigerator tank, seeing the baby cows, counting the cats and shooing away the pigeons. Then fixing and riding the go kart for the first time. Finally ending the day with dinner with my folks. A very busy day indeed.

Today looks to be just as busy. We need to move some fire wood to the basement. The go cart was so much fun that it will need to be ridden some more. The creek is low enough we might need to try and catch a brook trout or two with the Incredible's fishing pole. The chickens will need feeding, their eggs will need collecting. Then there will be dinner with his mom and dad when they come to pick him up. Then Nana and Papa will need a nap!

First there will be a few M&M pancakes for breakfast.

I hope everyone has as enjoyable day as we will be having here today.

:mug::mug::mug:

It's hard to believe that Sunday morning has come once again. Here in Western New York it is a cold 33*F and snowing big wet flakes that in the last couple minutes have completely covered the ground. The weatherman claims that we will see a bit of snow on and off all day. A bit of a shock after a day of sun and 70*F yesterday.

Today will be spent bottling an English pale ale, and maybe a batch of cherries in the snow, then moving firewood. I just had 16 face cord delivered for next years heating season. it all needs to be moved from the driveway to my wood storage, where it will need to be stacked to dry.

I might even try and squeeze in an extract brew today. I have a cream ale that I really would like to have ready for this turkey season. We will see.

A busy day like this needs to start with a good breakfast and sausage gravy and biscuits sounds like a winner to me.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Good Sunday morning. Mid teens to 20s this morning with snow flurries predicted. Church this morning, helping the oldest boy and his wife (just announced their 1st baby is due in October) put in kitchen cabinets, then on to meet our daughters future in-laws and finally home. Hopefully with enough time to filter a Tart Cherry Mead.

IMG_0463.JPG

Morning all. 60 and rainy yesterday all day, and woke up to this. I have nothing else to contribute other than it’s going to be a stout day! Cheers!

Good Sunday morning. Mid teens to 20s this morning with snow flurries predicted. Church this morning, helping the oldest boy and his wife (just announced their 1st baby is due in October) put in kitchen cabinets, then on to meet our daughters future in-laws and finally home. Hopefully with enough time to filter a Tart Cherry Mead.

Congratulations on both new additions to the family. There is nothing better than grand kids.

Agree, if I had known how much fun they are "I would have had them first!"

I did! I never had children of my own, but my wife had two beautiful teenage daughters when we met, almost 20 years ago. The youngest now has a 4 year old boy who is the best thing that ever happened to me. Soooooo much fun!

Once again Sunday morning has come. It has dawned a crystal clear 32*F. with a heavy frost covering everything. Weatherman claims we might see 70's today, after snow and freezing rain on Friday.

I've worked another 65 hour week and still managed to spend a few hours yesterday visiting with my daughter, son in law and grandson. It still amazes me how fond of that boy I am. I can't get enough of him. I hope they come to visit today.

Spring has left me with the typical yard mess to clean up before the grass really gets growing good. I'll likely spend most of the day doing that, and stacking firewood. Maybe I can catch a nap or a ball game at some point today, but not likely. I have a beer that needs bottling, but that won't happen today.

I think I'll start the day with a bowl of Honey Combs, if the milk is still good.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

:mug::mug::mug:

Happy Sunday morning to everyone.
I got up early today because I woke up and decided to get out of the bed. I work Monday and Tuesday, so those are days I get up early anyway, so why not start the week off with n early day?
Nothing beer planned today, though I might go out and organize the brew area a bit. This afternoon I'm going to a funeral and not looking forward to it.
So, that's my exciting Sunday!

Up, a little early for me. 69 degrees going up to 83. Sunny no wind. Beautiful. Have yard work that I probably won't do. Will do a little tending to my herb and pepper garden. Then to visit my mom this afternoon. I have Monday and Tuesday of so one of those days will be a brew day.

Another IPA, this will be the first that I do the same as one previously. (108th batch) Well almost! I am going to have the recipe the same but up the dry hops just a bit. Same ones just more of each.

Good Sunday morning! I'm working again today (00:00 - 08:00), it was starting to rain just as I got to work; at least it's above freezing, 41*F, and the snow here in the valley has all melted & spring has finally sprung. After work it'll be a trip to the store to get wood for the BBQ pit, laundry, supper, a couple of beers & bed. I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Odd thread but I'll chip in. Leaving for my 12hr shift in 5min. Masters is being recorded hopefully with new time changes. PlayStation Vue hadn't updated to schedule. Be dreaming of great beers while at work. Take Care!

Good Morning. Frost is still in the ground below 6" and the septic systems force main to the drain field is still frozen. Planning to pump the septic tank and shovel some of the snow recieved on Thursday from the deck, then pull out the patio furniture, smoker and grill. I am officially calling winter done. (Hope Mother Nature agrees) Then write the toast for my daughters upcoming wedding.

Good Sunday morning everyone. It is a cool 42*F. here in western New York and the sky is full of clouds.

I have a ton of yard work to get done before the grass gets any greener or grows much more. I'll likely need to mow next week. I still have a huge pile of fire wood that needs stacking, the chicken fence needs some major repair, the car needs a set of brake pads on the front, and the shop is full of atv's and go carts. There is always more to do than there is time to do it.

I need to get my batch of "Cherries in the Snow" bottled. I might try to do that after dinner tonight. I have a batch of cream ale that will be done in a couple of days and will likely go in a keg.

Before anything gets done, I'll need some breakfast. French toast, bacon and a hot cup of coffee should do the trick.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Happy Easter Sunday everyone. The sky is just starting to lighten this Sunday morning, revealing a heavy fog. It's a cool 42*F and rain fell most of the night. The weatherman claims that the rain should be done until late this afternoon. That means there will likely be egg hunting, ham and potatoes, and a few beers today.

This week has already been a busy one, ending on Friday with me being left to watch my 4 year old grandson all by myself. I can't believe anyone thought that was a good idea. We had a great time. We spent the morning fishing for blue gill's at a local hot spot. He couldn't "not" catch them, landing a stringer full that will make a fine dinner for at least 4 people.

When we were done fishing we fixed the go kart, built a couple of bird houses to give to family for Easter, and played with his Hot Wheels, before making homemade pizza for dinner.

Saturday we rode the train to go see the Easter Bunny, before finally dropping him off at his mother and father's house.

We are lucky to be able to go back and spend the day today. I couldn't ask for anything better.
I hope you all have as good a Easter as I have has all weekend.

Happy Easter everyone.
:mug::mug::mug::mug::mug:

Happy Easter!
High of 76 degrees today and sunny.
Very busy day yesterday brewing a batch of IPA and then cleaning up afterwords. Thanks to a large Starbucks iced tea I even cleaned all 6 tap lines then took nap on the hammock.
Going to the gym today then plan
To spend the rest of the day with my family.
Cheers [emoji482]

Good Sunday morning HBT! I've worked all night, only about 3 hrs to go till quittin' time. Then it'll be laundry, assembling a TV stand, and leftover Miso pork & veggies for my supper. Should be a nice, cool day, great for sleeping. I hope you all have a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Good Sunday morning HBT! I've worked all night & am currently getting ready for the Missoula marathon; no, I'm NOT running in it, I'm working it. Later I'll be watering my lawn & doing laundry whilst grillin' & chillin'. Should be a gorgeous day here in my corner of MT. I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Worked all night, off in a few hrs. Maybe I'll be employed this time next week, maybe not; just have to wait & see. Guess I'll start updating my resume just in case. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Regards, GF.

Worked all night, off in a few hrs. Maybe I'll be employed this time next week, maybe not; just have to wait & see. Guess I'll start updating my resume just in case. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Regards, GF.
Doors open all the time, whatever happens make the best of it. I’m sipping coffee watching news, before I cook up some brunch. The sun is shining, the AC is working and I think I’ll have time to bottle a couple small batches today.

Good thoughts go out to the people of CA. I think for most of my life I’ve heard “the big one is coming” and CA will slide off into the Pacific. Just ridiculousness.

We were lucky enough to have had our 4 year old grandson Thurs, Fri, and Sat. We spent all day Friday at a local amusement/water park. Yesterday was spent exploring the creek out back, trimming trees, and riding our buggies.

Today will be spent recuperating and maybe cleaning up a bit. I hope everyone has as good a weekend as we have had.

:mug:

Sipping coffee, watching a news program with my hubby. I’ll cook up some bacon and eggs when it’s over. We plan to go to a local brewery or two later. The weather is warm and dry. Make your day a great one, what ever you do.

Good Morning!

Going to be a bit warm today for a cold blooded Minnesotan. Heading out to Church, brunch and a winery tour. Whatever your plans are for the day, I hope that you find some friends or family to enjoy it with.

Happy Sunday, a day of recuperation for me after yesterday’s Mead festival for which my homebrew club poured. Watching the morning news, and feeling sad and angry about hearing the details of 2 shootings. That is all I’ll say about that, because the rest of my thoughts would cross over to political discourse.

It is a beautiful day I’ll probably get the lawn mowed today, after brunch and before dinner. Whatever you are doing or not doing, make it a great day.

Good Sunday morning HBT! It's a rainy day here in my corner of MT this morning, YAY! It's been hot & dry every day for over a week now, I'm glad to finally get some rain. Hopefully it'll do more for putting out existing forest fires & not start any new ones. Fire season hasn't been too bad (yet) this year, hopefully it'll be a mild one for the remainder; it ain't over till the snow falls. I've worked all night, off in about an hour. After work it'll be laundry & cooking my supper, enjoying a few beers before, during & after supper. Maybe I'll open a window & get some fresh, "rain smell" air in the house too. All in all, it's shaping up to be a good day for me. I hope you all have a good day too.
Regards, GF.

I’m up early today, enjoying the comfortable New England morning temp of 65. I’m checking out, giving a presentation at a conference then heading home driving and crossing the Long Island sound by ferry. Blue skies.

I’m up early today, enjoying the comfortable New England morning temp of 65. I’m checking out, giving a presentation at a conference then heading home driving and crossing the Long Island sound by ferry. Blue skies.

What was the topic of your presentation if you don’t mind me asking?

Good Sunday morning HBT. Well, last night's date cancelled on me, so I volunteered to come in to work last night. I figure I can sit home & do nothing, or I can come to work & do almost nothing & get paid for it; and it's 8 full hours of pure overtime. Only about 30 mins to go to shift change. After work, I think I'll finish up the laundry and do a little grillin' & chillin'. I hope everyone has a great Sunday, no matter what you do.
Regards, GF.

What was the topic of your presentation if you don’t mind me asking?
I don’t mind at all, DIY promotional videos for online use.

It is a breezy comfortably cool morning here on Long Island. Morning coffee on the deck was more enjoyable than usual due to the gentle sounds of wind chimes and the calls of osprey juveniles as I watched them “surfing” the turbulence against blue skies and white puffy clouds.

Plans for the day include going to a Thai festival, Polish club and perhaps a brewery. Just having some toast for breakfast instead of the usual cooked fare.

I hope your day is full of enjoyable moments.

Latest posts

Back