Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Sunday morning everyone! Long time since my last post due to a slight increase to the size of our family.
Last September we added triplet boys to our 2 year-old daughter, needless to say we havd been busy. We have been blessed that everyone is healthy and happy, but boy do four kids in diapers keep you on your toes.
Finally they are getting a bit more manageable and independent, and I have a little time to breathe.
Today during nap time my goal is to get the 10 gallons of Oktoberfest into kegs for a short 2 weeks of conditioning.
Also got some bouns brews from BrewDog that i need to figure out how to distribute. With out too much explination i have some Punk IPA and Evis Juice share with folks who may not have had it before. Any thoughts?
Take care all.

Good Sunday morning HBT! Another Saturday night/Sunday morning at work for me, but it's quiet & usually easy, tonight had a few things that had to be dealt with though. We've had a few freezes over the last couple weeks & my Nasturtiums have about had it, thought I'd pick some of the remaining green leaves & add them to a stir-fry; they taste like radish.

After work I'll be finishing up the laundry, making supper & enjoying a few mugs of cider in the process. After those things it'll be bedtime; then waking up & starting another work week. I'm really looking forward to taking some time off. I hope everybody has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

i don't do nothing... go to service in the morning then come back and prepare for beach relaxation. An awesome way

Good Sunday morning everyone. Here in Western NY state's Southern tier region it's a crisp 27*F and a light snow is falling. The ground is showing only slightly more green from the grass than the white of the freshly fallen snow of last night.

It's the last weekend of deer gun season and I have only spent a few hours in the woods and have yet to see a deer. It doesn't look like I'll get a chance to get out there today, oh well, maybe next year.

Today will be spent in a different kind of hunt. The annual trek to the city, to my daughter's and her husband's house, and then off to a cut your own tree lot, for the hours long wander, looking for that perfect tree. Only to settle on " That one way back there where we first came in." A couple years ago the tree blew off the roof of the car on the trip back to their house, much to the delight of my then 16 month old grandson. Last year, he was old enough to help carry the tree out of the lot. ( holding onto the very top of the tree and trying to keep up as my son-in-law and I carried the tree.)

We generally have lunch at a Red Robbin, before returning to the house to trim the tree. It's funny how something I used to dread so much now will be the highlight of the holiday season. Just add a three year old. Grand kids are great!

My dad is in the hospital up there, awaiting emergency bypass surgery, so we will need to take the time to stop in and see him, before he is filleted like a fish tomorrow.

Looks like I will have a busy day, there's about a dozen face cord of fire wood in the back yard that needs to be stacked. A tractor that needs some repair before being put up fore sale, a fence on the chicken yard needs fixing, and a snow plow that needs to mounted on my UTV. None of that is likely to get any attention today, however, some eggs, taters, and bacon need frying before anything gets done.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and a happy holiday season.

It's a chilly 17*F. here this morning, no snow, but some fog. Worked all night, I'll be off a bit after sunrise. After a quick trip to the store I'll be baking cookies, doing laundry & wrapping presents; though hot buttered rum & a piece (or 2) of apple Kringle will make things easier & more fun. Good luck to you & your Dad @Kirkwooder I hope everything goes well with his surgery.
I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Well, I'm not sure of the temperature here on the south shore of Long Island, but the snow that fell yesterday is still covering the ground. Sounds like you've got a busy and enjoyable day @Kirkwooder . I also hope things go well for your dad's bypass. It is a long recovery, but he just might feel like a new man once the healing is complete.

Mm mm, @gratis.... Cookies sound good. I have the ingredients for some chocolate chip cookies yesterday, but decided to make bread instead yesterday. It was good this morning with eggs and bacon. Soon I'll be heading out with the other half shopping.

Cheers!

Good Sunday morning everyone. 19* and calm here in New York's Steuben County. We have received 10" of fresh snow in the last few days, mostly lake effect from lake Erie. Luckily it's the light and fluffy stuff.

I plowed the driveway last night. I'll need to do a bit more snow removal around the shop and a path needs to be cleared back to the chicken coupe. A half hour should be plenty to get that done. Today is the very last day of deer season, muzzle loader only, I'd like to get out for a bit today. I still have a dozen or so face cord of fire wood that needs to be stacked out back. The old tractor still needs fixing, and the fence on the chicken coupe can wait due to the fact that chickens don't care for the deep snow and will stay close to the coupe.

We visited with my dad yesterday at the hospital, he's doing well, not as well as the doctors would like, but looks to be improving.

It's well past time for breakfast, eggs, bacon, home fries and half a pot of fresh coffee sound like they should hit the spot this morning.

I wish all of you the very best this fine Sunday.

:tank: :cask::mug::goat: :coff2:

Cloudy and cold here at the moment, but any day one wakes and can get up and going is a fine day, right? Have a Christmas party to go to in a few hours, so keeping breakfast light today. Glad your dad is recovering and surgery is behind him. Enjoy!

Good morning HBTers! Currently -04*F. here in my little corner of Montana, when it's this cold, the snow squeaks instead of crunches. Only a few inches of snow on the ground at the moment though. I'm still at work (graveyard shift), but after work it'll be laundry, hot buttered rum, supper & bed. I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

This year I have managed to get all of what is needed before today, so I'll be calmly prepping for Christmas Day dinner and wrapping gifts, church later and making breakfast in a little while. The sun is shining for now and temps are in the 40's here. Have an enjoyable day, what ever you're doing.

Daughter and I are making a banana cream pie for tomorrow's dinner. Making a graham cracker crust and homemade caramel drizzle for it. I always do a tenderloin roast on the grill for christmas dinner.

It's really nice here right now. I kinda wish it would get cooler for christmas day though. It's getting down to 60's they say, so that's something. 70's today - not very Christmas-like.

Good morning HBT. It's a cold, wet, rainy morning here today. I've worked all night & am in an odd mood; I've been listening to "Smooth Jazz for a Rainy Day"

Less than an hour til quittin' time & all I really want to do is sit by the window, watching the rain, sipping hot tea & eating biscuits & honey...
And continuing to listen to smooth jazz.
Instead, I'll be going over to the girlfriend's house to console her since her cat died yesterday. Girlfriend has to eat gluten free, so no biscuits, but I can at least take some tea & chocolates to help sooth her nerves.
I hope everyone has a good Sunday, no matter where you are or what you do.
Regards, GF.

A quiet Sunday here. On my second cup of coffee, maybe do a third. I feel lazy today, though I need to run some errands. We need groceries, too, but I'll wait until early this evening, as the stores will be slammed now with people getting last minute stuff for the Superb Owl. Not a big football fan, so won't mind missing it. Glad to see lots of people here in Mpls. having fun, though.

I have an old desk I'm refinishing. My father-in-law built it in high school shop class, and we have had it stored away in the basement for years. Decided to get it out and make use of it. It's not the nicest looking desk--he built it from whatever scrap wood he could scrounge back in 1939. But it's sentimental. Decided to sand it down and repaint it. Just primed it a few nights ago. Need to decide on a color for paint. My wife hasn't decided on that, so will let her pick one out, but wish I had that ready to go as painting would be a good indoor activity since it's cold af today.

Have a good Sunday, all.

Smooth jazz here too. https://www.kcck.org on a chilly morning. 2 or 3 inches of new snow, temp continues to fall steadily - it was 22 *F at midnight, now it's 8*F. And breezy. And a bit more snow on the way.

Going to rack some wine to secondary, make some nacho meat for later, then scrub down the kitchen walls so the guy coming to install the new backsplash tomorrow isn't dealing with that. Finally after 4 years getting this done!

@gratus fermentatio condolences to your gf for the loss of her kitty.

Nice easy going Sunday so far. Got up early, fired up my awesome smoker (that I converted to electric 15 years ago and still going strong), got several slabs of St. Louis style ribs, and a pork butt smoking away. Went to church, the wife made wonderful omelets with fresh eggs from our chickens. Kicking back with a cup of coffee. Later we will be enjoying my home brewed London Porter, a nice cigar, and then the smoked succulents! Bring on the big game! Happy Superbowl Sunday Everyone! :cool:

John

My Sunday resulted in this:
IMG_0767.JPG

Hope everyone is doing well. Our family celebrates Easter so today we went to church early this morning and the wife made an awesome breakfast afterwards. Going to my brother in law's place later today and I get to see all the family and my grand kids! Happy Easter!

John

It's a soggy 47*F here in my corner of MT this morning. Worked all night, later it'll be laundry & supper; and a couple of beers whilst cooking. Should be nice & quiet today, suits me just fine. :)
Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Yesterday was Swedish Midsommardag, but it rained all day, which put a damper on my grillin' & chillin' festivities. I was able to enjoy some herring, beets, onions, knackebrod & even some strawberries indoors though, so it wasn't a total loss. Worked all night & after work (a little over an hour from now), I'll fire up the grill. Going to do Steven Raichlen's Caveman Steaks:

Regards, GF.

Good Sunday morning HBT! I've worked all night, quittin' time is just a little over 2 hrs from now. It's been about 2 weeks since we've had more than a few drops of rain & I'm wishing there was a way to get a little of all that rain you folks back east are getting & would rather not have. Thoughts & prayers going out to those in the flood & fire zones.

I'll be grillin' & chillin' later, whilst watering the lawn; going to smoke some chicken leg qtrs on the Weber & going to tweak my usual smoke roasted sweet potatoes by wrapping them in bacon. Add to that some stir-fried veggies & a blackberry sour and I should have a tasty supper.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday! Regards, GF.

Good morning HBT! I'm working again today, quittin' time in about 10 mins. Then I'll be watering the lawn, doing laundry & grilling up some pork steaks that have been marinating in pineapple/teriyaki sauce for the last 9 hrs & enjoying some cold cider whilst I do. I hope everyone has a great day!
Regards, GF.

Worked all night, off in a couple hrs. So tired today, think I'll skip supper & just hit the sack when I get home. I hope everyone has a good day!
Regards, GF.

We're moving in 2 weeks, so my past 4 Sundays have been spent cleaning out the accumulation of 30 years of living in one house, and raising 2 kids here. When we sold our horses the barn became a repository for all the kids stuff as they grew up and moved away, all our stuff we "stuck in the barn for right now" that never was dealt with, and the tons of rocks my rockhound wife and I have accumulated. I'm almost 62 years old, these 10 hour days of hauling stuff to the dump and sorting stuff for the moving sale are killing my poor, worn out body.

Working again today. Back hurts from shoveling wet, heavy snow yesterday. It'll be interesting to see how the neighbors deal with the almost knee-high berm around their cars, left there courtesy of the snow plow; should be frozen pretty solid by now (heh, heh, heh).

The weather forecast is for a nice day, partly cloudy, very light wind. Won't get above 35*F, but that's ok; just means my beer won't get warm while I'm grillin' & chillin'. I hope everyone has a nice Sunday!
Regards, GF.
A little something for a Sunday morning, enjoy!

Last edited:
Packing to move to the other side of New Mexico tomorrow morning. I've cleaned our barn, attic, garage and most of the house of the artifacts of 27 years of raising a family in one stable place. We moved here to be in the country, enjoy neighbors when we wanted to without hearing their fights because our bedroom window was 10 feet from their kitchen. We moved here so we could have horses, dogs and cats. It was quiet and peaceful, except for the first weekend of October for our annual Oktoberfest. But all the neighbors were here so it was a great time.
As a geologist with 37 years experience in the oilfields I would be lying if I said the oil industry has not been very, very good to us. But in the past 2 years oilfield service companies, mostly trucking companies have moved into the neighborhood and this past week dirt work started on a multi well drilling pad, soon there will be a drilling rig across the street and for eternity there will be production equipment-tanks, pump jacks, etc.
It's going to be hard to drive off tomorrow and leave all this behind but it's time. I just finished digging up my hop garden to take with me, I have a couple of loads to haul to the dump and tomorrow we load the moving truck and start a new chapter in our life.

Good Sunday morning everyone. It's 12*F here is Steuben County, New York. The snow is falling at about a two inch an hour rate right now, and falling isn't quite the right word, as it is nearly horizontal as it passes by my living room window. I can't see the road that is about 50 yards from the house. There is almost a foot of fresh snow so far.

Today will be spent dealing with the snow, and cleaning after yesterdays double brew day. I'm sure that hours will be spent between my drive way and a couple of the elderly neighbors places. I am sure to be well aquainted with a shovel by the end of the day.

First, will be breakfast. Some eggs over easy, home fried potatoes, thick cut bacon, home made Italian bread darkly toasted and dripping with butter, and a fresh, hot cup of coffee should hit the spot.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
:mug:

Worked all night, off in about an hour. It was warm enough to rain/melt yesterday, so now everything has a glaze of ice, and it's foggy; should be an interesting drive home this morning. Once I get home, it'll be laundry, supper & bedtime. I hope everyone has a nice Sunday.
Regards, GF.

Good Sunday, it is raining here on Long Island, and temperatures are plunging into the single digits later. I’ll be making some brunch starting in about five minutes. Make it a great day!

Good Sunday morning everyone. It is 24*F and the snow just started to fall here in south western New York state. A fresh dusting is covering the old crusty snow that fell during last weekend's double brew session.

Both beers are still actively fermenting on day#9, the lager chugging away like it has been all week, and the IPA seems like it is just about done. I might even rack and dry hop it later tonight.

My daughter and grandson are supposed to come down and go sledding this afternoon. We haven't seen him in a couple weeks and I gave her a hard time about that. I do enjoy my time with him ever so much.

Before they get here, I need to bring in some fire wood. That seems like a never ending chore this time of the year.

First things first though. Breakfast is in order. We had corn beef and cabbage for supper last night and there is just about enough left over for a proper hash and eggs breakfast this morning. Add in some toast with homemade raspberry jelly, and a fresh hot cup of coffee and that should make for a pretty decent Sunday breakfast.

I hope everyone's Sunday is as enjoyable as mine is looking to be.

It's hard to believe that it's Sunday morning all ready. It's an almost tropical 37*F here in Steuben Co, New York. How odd it is that on Friday I woke to -10*F and wind chill factor cold enough to close schools all over the region. Weatherman claims that mid to upper 50's may be possible today and tomorrow.

My wife and I have had our grandson this weekend. We will need to take him home this afternoon. We have spent the last two days sled riding and snowmobiling. I promised to take him for another snowmobile ride this morning before the snow melts away. I'll try to get him to help me bring in a couple loads of firewood today before he has to go home, as much help as a 4 year old can be anyway.

I bought a new truck this week. It's the first new truck I have ever bought and it's a huge change from the 2003 that I had before. I'll need to spend a bit of time reading the owners manual to figure out how to work all of the gadgets and goodies that are on this thing.

I dry hopped my IPA Friday afternoon and if we get home soon enough I'd really like to get it bottled. I've been out of home brewed IPA for months now and been buying it. Although I have had some very good ones from the local micro's in that span, (if you haven't had them, you must try the Great Ape series from Craft Brewers in Honeoye Falls, NY, especially the Mukumba IIPA.) I have been spending a fortune. I hate thinking about the cost every time I go for a beer. I don't seem to do that with home brew.

I'm sure we will have to have some pancakes with MM's in them, along with some thick cut Amish bacon and maple syrup for breakfast this morning. That's my grandson's traditional breakfast at Nana and Papa's house. Although that's what we had yesterday and he was talking about waffles for today. A tall cold glass of milk for the boy and several cups of fresh hot coffee for me should complete the meal.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday.

Good Sunday morning HBT. It's cold & wet here in my corner of MT this morning. It warmed up enough to rain yesterday & last night, but not enough to melt all the snow & ice. 1/2 my driveway (the unpaved part) is a 2" thick slab of ice, covered with about 3/4" of water. The temp is supposed to drop later today/tonight & all that water is going to freeze; more ice, lovely.

I worked all night, off in a couple hrs. Seems like a good day to stay inside, have a couple mugs of hot, buttered rum, curl up with a good book & hit the sack early.
Hygge. :yes:
Regards, GF.

Sunday morning is here once again. I've slept so late I nearly missed it. I spent most of last night out in the wind and cold trying to coax the willey coyote out of his hiding spot and into the scope of my rifle. We saw several but to no avail. It was a very enjoyable night despite the lack of success.

I've been up long enough to make a pan of sausage gravy and some homemade biscuits. Drizzled with plenty of Franks Red Hot, it is one of my favorite weekend breakfasts.

I don't have anything planned for the day. I probably will cut a load of fire wood. I need to rack a lager into secondary. It's looking like a good day to empty a few bottles of home brew and just relax.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

Back