Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's December in Pennsylvania, and it's going to be near 70 degrees today. :confused: It looks like I might break out the lawnmower.

Aside from that, Christmas is suspiciously close, so decorating is mandatory at this point. I'd love to get some beers kegged and one bottled today, but that may get pushed back. There's a schwarzbier I've been meaning to brew, that may or may not happen. We'll see how motivated one can truly get on a Sunday.

This morning is an unseasonably warm 49*. I was awaken this morning by a troublesome mink raiding my chicken coupe once again. I have lost a third of my birds to this pest in the last week and today will be spent in an attempt to rid myself of this vermin once and for all. I am sure it will make a lovely coat!

You might find this useful:
http://www.pcsoutdoors.com/dukebodytrap.aspx
Regards, GF.

It's supposed to be around 70F here too. So I'll be painting the top coat in the man cave/brewery today. Then get the new desk together & put room back in shape.

How is it 70 everywhere except California today!? 44 and rainy here on the coast. The day will be a mix of kegging/cleaning, decorating and wrapping presents for the holidays, and running some errands before the last work week of the year for me starts tomorrow.

Its almost 9 am and the sun hasnt started yet. I know its about -10c out. Today is bottling, kegging and brewing day. Got a batch of apple cream to bottle, a koyt to keg and i've been asked by several people in town to do a gluten free so i will give it a go for them. Enjoy your day.

Had to go to a client this morning, but luckily it was quick. Made it home early enough to get a quick run in. To soon after breakfast for the distance I really wanted, but I'll take it. Back home, gonna pay some bills, and start the outside lights.

Spending a couple hours at my son's hockey tournament, then dealing with some Christmas lights that don't want to work. Then it's beer and football time.

Waiting for the top coat of paint to dry, then put new wrap around desk together & get room in shape. then think about setting the tree up. Still gotta wrap gifts & get HB's in the fridge first thing in the morning.

We're getting rain rain rain. So much for the Geminid meteor shower viewing tonight. :-(

Record highs, possibly record rain, just south of us was over 60*F at 3AM, we're finally just creeping up on 55* with over 2 inches of liquid sunshine, and more to come.

So I brewed up those multiflora rose hips I gathered this fall, and put them with the pectic enzyme, to pitch some yeast in tomorrow AM. Got a lot of scratches getting the darned tiny things (1.5 lb worth) for a measly less-than-gallon batch of wine that I have to wait 2 years to find out if it's worth all the blood drawn that day...

How is it 70 everywhere except California today!? 44 and rainy here on the coast. The day will be a mix of kegging/cleaning, decorating and wrapping presents for the holidays, and running some errands before the last work week of the year for me starts tomorrow.

Raining here in the Sierra foothills too but we're not complaining, we need whatever rain we can get! Good day to stay inside and watch a little football. I dry hopped my latest batch of beer yesterday so the only homebrew related thing to do today in have a homebrew!!!

You might find this useful:
http://www.pcsoutdoors.com/dukebodytrap.aspx
Regards, GF.

Thanks for the heads up, but I've been trapping these critters every year since 1984. I am well armed and extremely well versed in the capture of such critters. That's what makes the whole situation such an embarrassment. I've been trying to catch this one for a couple weeks now to no avail. Must be a smart old buck. That's why it's called trapping and not catching.

I now have over 20 sets made within 100 yards either way up and down the creek. Box sets, cubbies, blind sets, pocket sets, bottom edge sets, and even a few baited live traps. I hope to have him in the morning. I even ran a single wire electric fence around the bottom of the coupe.

Working again today, in a couple hours it'll be CBS Sunday Morning, then I'll be trying to stay awake long enough to do my laundry. Hope everybody has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Spending this morning at the Red Cross with 2 needles in my arm (makes it hard to type effectively :p) donating platelets. Usually go on Saturdays but they were full all morning yesterday. Takes a few hours but the hardcore nap that immediately follows makes it all worth it :D
Still need to order some last minute gifts and hope they get to their destination on time. We'll see.

Another Sunday brew day means an early morning for me. Was supposed to brew yesterday but that got bumped when the 11 month old decided he wasn't sleeping a wink AND it decided to rain pretty good in the morning yesterday. Once he finally crashed out about 4 am I figured I'd take a couple hours of sleep over falling asleep while brewing in the rain. The day wasn't a total wash though. I was able to get my brew area organized a bit, wrap the last of the Christmas presents, clean the beer lines on 3 of my taps, and harvest the yeast from two different starters I've got going right now.

So today I'm back at it. Been up for about 30 minutes now. Cats are fed, got the heater fired up in the garage, just poured my first cup of coffee, and sunrise isn't for another 2 1/2 hours. 38 degrees here on the coast this morning with a high of 53 today. Brewing up my 2nd batch of a blonde that got rave reviews last time. After that I'll be racking my Sunday Morning Saison over to secondary where I'll pitch about 1.5L starter of my "house bugs" along with 1/2 pound of malto, and then let that chug along for a few months to get nice and tart.

This evening we've got a babysitter coming for the little guy, and then we're taking the 10 year old out for BBQ and to see the new Star Wars, so all in all in should be a pretty good day. Cheers gang!

35 degrees here. My youngest has got a fever. So, I'll be staying home from church w her. We'll be watching the rest of episode 3 hike the others are at worship. Tuna melts for lunch and then a big old nap!

O Day of Rest and Gladness!!!!

It's a cold 27* here in Western New York this morning. We got our first real snow fall for the winter yesterday morning, totaling not quite 2 inches. Breakfast has been served, but the dishes still need tending to.

Then it's off to the shop for a few hours of painting on a few projects that need to be done for Christmas morning. A fire will need to be built first, so plenty of time for another cup of Joe before I have to get after it.

Maybe I'll watch some football later, but there isn't much sense. maybe I'll just drink a few beers.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

:mug:

Mine's fairly simple. Eat a light breakfast (If we had eggs or butter I'd actually be feasting on breakfast), then do a tiny bit of clean up, followed by a day of gaming.

Aaahhh Sunday morning what did I do? I've got a vodka hang over, my head is pounding, and I'm at the movies with two six year old girls.

Got a serious head cold today. Guess I'll just chill on the couch. I do have to keg a pale ale that's currently being dry-hopped sometime today.

Back at work for me. I had a glorious half day off yesterday (got called in). If the money wasn't worth it I'd for damn sure be at home. The bright side for me is today is paying for my new Browning 12g. Hope everyone is doing something they want to do and enjoying the day.

Ryan

The rest of the day .........who knows. Got 10 gal of all grain worsteriney brewed this morning Had the mash at 150 at 5 am. Hit all my numbers gravity 1055 volumes right on the money. Good notes are your friend for the next brew.

The rest of the day .........who knows. Got 10 gal of all grain worsteriney brewed this morning Had the mash at 150 at 5 am. Hit all my numbers gravity 1055 volumes right on the money. Good notes are your friend for the next brew.

You are my hero, mash at 150 at 5 Am, wow. Hadn't even rolled over yet!

It' the DD's 30th bday, so I dug through some photos to find birthday pix, and made a FB album with those and the original announcement and baby pic from the hospital. She hasn't seen it yet though!

And in her honor I think I will start a simple little cyser, nothing crazy. Not sure about this afternoon, it's supposed to get snotty weather here.

Got up early and went fishing with my buddy and his dad in Niagara Falls. Caught a lake trout and landed it, but snapped my good 10' rod in the process. ****! Had to walk up 2000 stairs or so to get another rod from my car. Time for a beer with football, then taking a nap.

Started my Sunday off with a 1 hour work out at the gym. Now just kicking back watching football. The wind is blowing and snow is falling here in the Nevada mountains

I welcome the start of a new week that this Sunday brings. Last week was indeed a very tough one. My dear old companion and best friend, an English Pointer named Ranger, had to be put down Wednesday night. I buried him in the yard Christmas Eve. It truly was the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life. He is deeply loved and already sorely missed. I can only thank the Good Lord for bringing him into our lives and giving all of us such joy in knowing him.

On a much happier note, this week also saw my wife and I hosting my family for Christmas dinner for the first time in a number of years. In attendance, also for the first time in many years , were several of my nephews. All 20 something college students. It seems that the craft beer bug has bitten most of them. They all showed up with 6'rs of good quality, locally brewed craft beer. After dinner turned into a full on home brew tasting and an emptying of numerous bottles of my own creations. We broke into my Rye Pale Ale, Cascades Orange Pale ale, Dear Ringer IPA, American Wheat, Centennial Blonde and a hopped up lager I did as an experiment. My sisters and one brother in law joined the tasting fun also. By the time the night was through we had emptied almost 2 full cases of home brew. All proclaiming my beer to be, in their own words, "damn good ****." :D A brew day, involving all the boys and my sisters boyfriend, is being planned for next Sunday! I think I'll brew another batch of Dead Ringer for them as I'm nearly out and it seemed to be the favorite.

It's raining hard here this morning, the temps are hovering just under 50*F and I still have a bunch of cleaning to do from Friday, as I had to work yesterday.

I hope everyone enjoy's what ever their Sunday brings their way!

Cool and overcast out. Café done. Just had peanut butter toast.

Gonna go get schooled by neighbors on an easy 8 mile run. Grumble. One is 16, the other two are older than me.

... Never mind they all run marathons.

I welcome the start of a new week that this Sunday brings. Last week was indeed a very tough one. My dear old companion and best friend, an English Pointer named Ranger, had to be put down Wednesday night. I buried him in the yard Christmas Eve. It truly was the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life. He is deeply loved and already sorely missed.

I have been there myself.... twice. Never an easy thing to go through. Good beer and good memories help though:mug:

Spent yesterday cleaning my brew room and equipment as well as preparing for a double brew day today. Dortmunder and a porter on the agenda for today. Also need to transfer a RIS off of some coffee beans into serving keg and other random brew chores. Football on TV all day and hopefully a few beers later on when I am finishing up brewing. So - about a perfect day.

Working again today, at least I'm not dead tired this Sunday. After work it'll be laundry, supper & sleep so I can get up & do it again tonight. Hope everybody has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Sorry for your loss Kirkwooder.

Took my son to get a better hockey helmet, and have to go to the rink for a game in an hour where he gets to play goalie. Afterwards, my parents should be coming back over to my house where I foresee beers and football being enjoyed. Have a great Sunday folks!

Back