Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to be a busy day today, since I didn't accomplish anything yesterday beyond working some OT. A trip to the grocery store to pick up the rest of the needs for Thanksgiving, a trip to Home Depot to pick up another refrigerator, reorganization to create a space for said refrigerator, and some housecleaning are looking to occupy most of my day.

Already showered and dressed, but sitting here with some coffee, listening to The Little Willies, unwilling to actually get started on my day.

Kids got me up early today. Having a cup of coffee after doing all the dishes and getting my sanitizer ready, then making some sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast. Gonna brew a batch of beer, take my son to his hockey game, and then drink some beers and watch football. Enjoy your Sunday!

This Sunday finds me at work again. I like money and have a goal of being mortgage free in under 5 years. Where I live that's doable as long as you don't buy new quads and sleds every year. Enjoy you Sunday and stay safe.

Amber Ale on the agenda for brewing, some keg cleaning and other brew chores while brewing, get a starter going for an Oatmeal Stout tomorrow. Packers vs. Vikings on the TV....... Should be a great day.

Finally got my racking tube & bottling rig cleaned & rinsed. Gotta get the priming solution ready to bottle the Hellfire IIPA today, hoping for the best...:mug:

Heading to swim lessons and a birthday party for the 5yo. Nice and chilly out, would be a perfect day to sit on my @ss and watch football. :mad:

Busy day for me yesterday. Worship, nap, then made root beer with the kids and started a test batch of hard root beer.

Sunday morning is dawning cold and crisp here in Western New York. 28* and cloudy, and will likely stay that way all day.

I'll likely stay home today after a long week of friends and family here for deer season and the thanksgiving dinner. We will likely be having hot turkey sandwiches and left over dressing for lunch and dinner;), so I'll have to fry up some good thick bacon, home fries and french toast for breakfast.

I hope there is some old John Wayne or Clint Eastwood westerns on early, and then the Bill's game. A nap or two will certainly be in order at some point as well. It's been a long week of entertaining and walking the woods. Today I'll recoup and recover a bit.

Tomorrow I'll likely finally bottle a raspberry wheat that is long over due, now that I have emptied enough bottles. The pipeline took a good hit this week and will need a little attention. I've been so far ahead I haven't needed to brew much but I am getting the itch to do something odd again. :D

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.

:mug:

After turkey pizza & beer last night, beer with dinner & all, I need to clean a case of bottles. Transcribe some more of my 2nd home brewing book. That's about it, besides boiling down the turkey carcass for soup or stew.

Let's see, 25*F and the sun is playing peek-a-boo. Coffee is just getting brewed, and a winter weather system is on the way for tomorrow, so we'll go into town for some provisions (including yarn to make a nice winter throw to decorate the living room for the winter.) This afternoon, I probably should look in on my Fat Tire Clone brew to see if it's ready to rack, and probably rack the last batch of cider that looks like it's starting to clear....

It was a nice holiday with the kids coming to visit, but we didn't empty out enough of the bottles for all of the stuff I have brewing in the basement....

Provided I can motivate myself enough today, I'll get the Christmas decorations out, and start that whole process. A beer to be kegged, a beer to be bottled, and a beer to be oaked, and a beer to be brewed, are all things I like to accomplish today. I suspect they won't all get done.

I'll also be taking advantage of the holiday sales, and ordering some brewing things I probably really don't need.

Drinking some coffee and getting ready for my son's hockey game. After that, I'll be drinking some beers and watching football. Swmbo's brother just got back into town and wants us to come over. I'm not really feeling that...

More rain. We're not supposed to complain about it, what after the drought and all, but damn. This makes shoveling for next year's garden impossible. But we need the rain for that, too. Oh well. There's beer stuff to do. The garage needs some more straightening, as well.

Up 2 hours before sunrise on this chilly central California coast morning. It was 33F here when I came out to get prepared for the brew day. Luckily the heater in the garage kept it about 60 in there, so I was fairly comfortable getting stuff ready for brew day. Rig is all setup outside now and I've got the strike water heating before I go inside to make leftover turkey hash and scrambled eggs for the family. After that I'll get started brewing in earnest.

Wandering around central park after Manhattan bagels for breakfast. A nice crisp 38° makes a light jacket perfect. Kids enjoyed the playground and blowing off steam before heading to Penn station for the train ride back south. Hope to find a decent craft beer place before boarding for the 4 hour ride back.

Another beautiful, crisp, sunny day in northern canada. Didnt have to work today so im watching the munchkins and some of their frinds build gingerbread houses. Enjoy the day.

Writing up coursework for a design module I'm studying. Done most of the hard stuff, just need to photograph my prototype models and scan some drawings into my "proposal". Then switching my attention to writing some code for a HERMS rig into my PLC. It's raining out so a day in the study suits me!

This Sunday morning dawned crisp and a cold 25*F. It's the last weekend of regular deer season here in western New York and while I'd rather be chasing white tails I will instead be at a family Christmas party. This one will be the extended family party and close to 100 guests will be there. It is my fathers turn for he and his kids to host so we will certainly be busy. We have rented the local fire hall, and tables and chairs will need to be set up, food and drinks will need to be prepared and the hall decorated. Then the place will need to be cleaned from top to bottom before we can call it a day.

I better start today with a good breakfast. Bacon, eggs home fries and toast should do the trick.

I hope everyone has a truly wonderful Sunday!

Was going to brew but had to stay up and tend to our fireplace, we lost power after 7 last night and it finally came back on around 3am.
Need to take a nap now so I can watch the Giants beat some Jet butt!

A crisp, cold 27° here. Once again, the little one does not care that I was up until 0230 and awoke at 0700. Going to swimming with short stuff, followed by a neighborhood going away party, and then finally some trail maintenance in the park.

Coffee to save the day!

Another chilly day here on California's central coast, but not as bad as chilly as last Sunday morning's brew day. At least it was 40*F when I started my brew day this morning. Brewing up Sunday Morning Saison, my take on a tart saison with mixed fermentation. Was up a couple of hours before sunrise, and the sun is just starting to peek through the trees now as I'm ready to dough in.

Have a great Sunday everyone! :mug:

It's a beautiful crisp morning here, and I've slept through most of it. Looking to get a bunch of stuff done around the house today, since yesterday was a total lazy day for me. But, I feel good, the coffee tastes good, the Sinatra sounds good, so I have high hopes for a good day. Hopefully, all of you have a good one, too.

Slept in this morning and the family decorated most of the Christmas tree. Taking my son to hockey practice in a bit, then daughter has a play date. I'll be watching some football and napping on the couch later, and I'm sure a few beers will be consumed. Have a good day all!

Got up to a gorgeous sunrise, which quickly turned into a gray, still, but not TOO cold of a day (38*F, not bad for December in the upper Midwest.) Holiday shopped online (we live far away from much shopping.) Going to put on some music, do some chores, crochet on my project...Oh, and look up a Mediterranean style lamb chop recipe to go with home made hummus and pita bread! Yum!

Gorgeous sunrise here in the Atlanta area. A bit chilly @ a little over 30°F. It's warmed up nicely to the mid 60's & still sunny. About 45 min into a 90
Min boil for a saison.

It rained early this morning in upper central California and my first batch was ready to be bottled so that's what I did. Just a little batch of Citra IPA, got about 2 gallons!

image.jpg

Had an amazingly warm 15* this morning. Generally expect zero or so. Went to my farm supply and got a half ton of hog feed, quarter ton of anthracite, and 40 'T' posts with insulators. By noon the feed was put away and posts driven. Being Sunday we knock off at sundown.

Since I started getting gushers again, I rinsed the yeast out of a bunch of bottles, soaked in PBW an hour, & rinsed again before going on the bottle tree to dry before storage. Otherwise, A day of relaxing & writing.

I was on call this weekend so I didn't really get to drink, or commit to a 7 hour brew session. My daughter was here from out of town so we drove 30 minutes from town and spent a couple of hours collecting rocks and interesting mineral specimens for her to decorate her new apartment with.

I brewed a Holiday spiced ale and made a Cheddar cheese, also put up the rest of the outdoor Christmas lights.

Working again today. I was supposed to have this whole weekend off, but a guy in my dept unexpectedly went to the hospital for some reason, so the rest of us have to cover. I didn't get to go to the new brewpub this weekend, but it'll still be there on my next day off & I can use the overtime pay, so it all works out. Later this morning I'll be doing exciting things like laundry & maybe shoveling snow. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

This morning is an unseasonably warm 49*. I was awaken this morning by a troublesome mink raiding my chicken coupe once again. I have lost a third of my birds to this pest in the last week and today will be spent in an attempt to rid myself of this vermin once and for all. I am sure it will make a lovely coat!

We still have not put up a tree or done any decorating for the holidays so I am certain that the wife will demand I spend some time doing that kind of stuff. Of course there will be some football games on and I hope to be able to catch at least part of the Bills and Eagles game. In the midst of all this is the last day of rifle season for deer here in my area. I might try and spend an hour or two looking for a deer or two for the freezer, if there is time.

Well, looks like I will have a very busy day. No sense in rushing into it, I might as well have some breakfast first. Bacon and over easy eggs, and maybe some home fries and toast to go along side. Right now, a big ole cup of strong, black coffee is in order.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

I went by Saint John Lateran church for the Pope's opening of the Holy Doors. Through some crazy act of good luck I scored a seat just a few feet away from the aisle.

2Pope.jpg

This morning I shall be mostly coughing. Finally went to see a doctor yesterday as my chest was getting worse. Diagnosed with chronic bronchitis.

Have an interview for a new job on Tuesday so staying indoors to keep warm and dry is my priority (also writing my presentation for the interview). Hoping the antibiotics will have started to help by then so I'm not coughing and spluttering through the whole thing. Unlikely but fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back