[SPOILERS] Star Wars - The Force Awakens / Rogue One

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!

nUL2HE.gif

I really liked the movie, other than the whole 'Spaceballs' vibe around the planetary shield...

latest

Oh, man, when I saw that shield I thought, "An behind that shield is 10,000 years of fresh air!" and "The way he runs things it won't last 100!"

But my daughter was not sitting next to me due to the theater only having individual seats by the time we arrived (They actually only had 1 ticket left after we bought ours!)

And then later when a group of stormtroopers were seen I thought, "Uh oh! More Ping Pongs! Run for it!"

Saw it yesterday with my two boys. I loved it, boys did too. Man I loved seeing the X wings and tie fighters mixing it up again (Gold Leader, I'm going in). What a blast from the past. Even C3PO and R2D2 made a cameo. My dad took my brothers and me to see the first one back in '77.

Darth at the end was impressive with the saber. Voice sounded more like Neil DeGrasse Tyson than JEJ though.

The blind japanese guy with skillz was (I'm pretty sure) IP Man. If you haven't seen this movie, see it you must! Lots of good "hi-ya" action.

The old death star general was CG, but it was awesome CG. I remember him getting vader-choked in Ep IV. He'd be... about 110 now if he was still alive. Princess Leia CG wasn't so hot. Were those the only two CG characters?

Man, I do want to fire up Ep. IV right now.

Saw it yesterday with my two boys. I loved it, boys did too. Man I loved seeing the X wings and tie fighters mixing it up again (Gold Leader, I'm going in). What a blast from the past. Even C3PO and R2D2 made a cameo. My dad took my brothers and me to see the first one back in '77.

Darth at the end was impressive with the saber. Voice sounded more like Neil DeGrasse Tyson than JEJ though.

The blind japanese guy with skillz was (I'm pretty sure) IP Man. If you haven't seen this movie, see it you must! Lots of good "hi-ya" action.

The old death star general was CG, but it was awesome CG. I remember him getting vader-choked in Ep IV. He'd be... about 110 now if he was still alive. Princess Leia CG wasn't so hot. Were those the only two CG characters?

Man, I do want to fire up Ep. IV right now.

I believe it's the same guy. I remember seeing his name on the credits after Rogue One. I am pretty sure it was Donnie Yen.

I saw it again this past weekend and it was as good as the first time. I too wanted to fire up EPIV after seeing it. And I thought Grand Moff Tarkin was passable CG, while I thought they could have done a brief shot from the side for Leia. Sorry, it was close, but not quite good enough for me. Her face seemed too round and her eyes too big. They probably spent way too much time and money on them to decide to leave them out completely.

Darth Vader going down the hallway was complete badassery! The look on the guys' faces as he came at them was epic!

Throwing the one guy up on the ceiling and then slicing him while passing beneath him AND simultaneously disarming everyone else was just too freaking badass. Loved it even more the second time I saw it.

Query: will there now be a CG Leia in Ep. 9 ya think?

Query: will there now be a CG Leia in Ep. 9 ya think?

Not sure, but the next "anthology film", the story of Han Solo, will star the following face. Confirmed. Not sure the character's name, but Obi Wan, Lando Calrissian, and other original characters will be in it, so you might make the assuption that Daenerys is now Leia.

Daenerys_Targaryen_with_Dragon-Emilia_Clarke.jpg

Yet he couldn't bother to Force grab the plans. ;)

But this explains why he was so pissed and dialed to 11 at the beginning of IV ANH.
He literally watched the plans escape before his eyes.
When the capt and then princess tried feeding him a line about "diplomatic" mission he was having none of it

Yet he couldn't bother to Force grab the plans. ;)

It was all in his plan to finally meet his children without the Emperor realizing what what going on. He needed Luke especially to kill him in the Sith fashion. He needed to meet with Leia in order to find Luke (Or so he thought.) He could sense her limit Force power within the spaceship the boarded.

or something like that.

Fun fact: (*SPOILERS FOR THOSE BEHIND IN STAR WARS REBELS*)

So why is Vader in the Bacta tank? If you haven't seen the Rebels cartoon series, you'd probably believe he was still recovering from being sliced up and burned on Mustafar. If you have seen Rebels, you know it's because his former Padwan Ashoka Tano whooped his ass shortly before the events of Rogue One.

Fun fact: (*SPOILERS FOR THOSE BEHIND IN STAR WARS REBELS*)

So why is Vader in the Bacta tank? If you haven't seen the Rebels cartoon series, you'd probably believe he was still recovering from being sliced up and burned on Mustafar. If you have seen Rebels, you know it's because his former Padwan Ashoka Tano whooped his ass shortly before the events of Rogue One.

I wondered, because it's obviously a LONG time from when he was sliced and diced on Mustafar by Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I don't follow the cartoons. I'm not opposed to cartoons, but I am not a fan of the style they chose to use for that show.

Also, not sure anyone else knew this, but Mark Hamill is the voice of The Joker in the animated Batman show. I guess he does othe rvoice work as well.

Yeah, I tried to get into The Clone Wars but I can barely keep up with the few shows that SWMBO and I record. (SO far behind in Game of Thrones.) I have some relatives who fill me in on what happened in Clone Wars and Rebels.

And Mark Hamill has "Arkham" in his name.

I like the fact that the trailer was full of red herrings. Jyn didn't run across the beach on Skarif with the plans in her hand, Vader wasn't on the Death Star, and there were a whole bunch of other things.

Bet you were on the edge of you seat while she was realigning the dish, waiting for the tie fighter to show up, right?

Checking out the very early hints on the Han Solo movie and I was surprised to see a LOT of people against it. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to see a young Han Solo as an action star freeing a slave and turning to smuggling and whatnot. Seems like there would be plenty of material out there to write about to fill in the holes on his past life. Many of the complainers wanted an Obi Wan story. But haven't we seen Obi Wan from Padawan to his death? Sure, there is plenty of empty space in his exile period that went unrecorded, but we already got to see a young version of him, the things that developed him, and how he sacrificed himself.

I'm totally geeked about Han Solo. Looking forward to a fun, action-packed, thrill ride. Maybe add a love interest who betrays him and kind of sets up his aversion to serious relationships.

Same here. A lot of the whining has been over the casting. Apparently there was an actor who made some YouTube videos showing him sitting at a desk kinda reenacting some of HF's dialogue from the cantina. Lots of people wanted him to be Solo based on that.

Sure, the kid can do a pretty darn good HF impression, but that doesn't necessarily translate into the ability to inhabit a character the way the director wants.

I don't know. They picked Donald Glover to be Lando. I think Glover is a fine actor, but I don't immediately think of Lando when I think of him. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I hope he's much more versatile than what I know of him from Community. WAY different roles. Haven't seen much of him since he left the show.

I think anyone who plays Han just has to imitate his mannerisms.

The real story is about the Millennium Falcon anyway.

First couple times I watched that, I assumed it was Kylo Ren or maybe Snoke saying "it is time for the Jedi to end."

Turns out it was Luke. Huh.

Oh, and the Spanish language posters say "Los Ultimos Jedi," plural.

Short Teaser. Not much to glean from it.

Millennium Falcon is still my favorite character in the whole series, though. Can't wait to see what Rey and Chewie do with her in the next movie!

Been reading some of Carrie Fisher's books. They are pretty good reads. She's currently talking about how she and Harrison Ford had sex weekends during filming. She keeps questioning this or that and remembers wondering how a guy like that could be interested in a girl like her.

And I'm just sitting here shaking my head. I mean, there's not much more to it than "Guys are horny" and "Guys like younger women". (Generalizing here...)

So apparently in the novelization of Ep. VII there's a reference to the Journal of the Whills, and in Rogue One, Baze and Chirrut are officially Guardians of the Whills.

I don't think they'd spend time introducing the concept of the Whills unless they planned to do something important with it. Maybe Luke trains Rey to be a Whill rather than a Jedi and maybe she'll have extra kick-ass powers or something. I dunno.

Short Teaser. Not much to glean from it.

Millennium Falcon is still my favorite character in the whole series, though. Can't wait to see what Rey and Chewie do with her in the next movie!

They'll introduce Xzibit and Foose as a Toydarian dealer duo who will gonna overhaul the MF with some 20's, a blower, neon, and ground fx. ;)

They'll introduce Xzibit and Foose as a Toydarian dealer duo who will gonna overhaul the MF with some 20's, a blower, neon, and ground fx. ;)

Remember that broke-ass hologram chess table? Well, we hooked you up with an Xbox 5000 and a projection screen, dawg!

Remember that broke-ass hologram chess table? Well, we hooked you up with an Xbox 5000 and a projection screen, dawg!

The hyper drive still won't engage but they'll get a phat "Sebulba Racing" logo endorsement on the cockpit nose cone. And a "Powered by Dish Network" wrap for the rectenna.

They say no ship this small has a cloaking device? Well, guess what we hooked you up with?!

Back