Introducing BrewStat.us, a Brew data tracking site.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've migrated the database to Azure, so we shouldn't have any more DB downtown times like that. I'll be working to migrate the website and other items over to Azure in the coming weeks.

I made an update to the site this weekend adding a timeline that will pull in different event data. I also changed the way the Tilt URL works. Now its one url instead of a single URL per brew / tilt color.

Notifications are still in Beta but I opened them up to all registered users.

Please visit https://github.com/rlightner/public-BrewStatus/issues for any issues or feature requests!

-Raine

I've signed up to try it, was going to use my Tilt with a batch of skeeter pee first time out. Mostly because it's easy and I'm feeling the effects of a good weeks worth of drinking while on vacation. I digress. I tried to set it up but I'm hanging at the point where I try to create a new brew so I can assign a brew to my device. No such animal as a beer.XML for skeeter pee that I can find.

An easy way to share with others what you're currently brewing.

I'm a Homebrewer who likes to see how my beer is progressing. So I created http://BrewStat.us to allow others to as well. It currently has integrations with Tilt/Brewometer data, and BrewPi integration coming in the future.

http://brewstat.us/share/1/crocktoberfest-marzen-2016

Take a look, let me know what you think.

-Raine

I recently found out about this site from a friend. Currently uploading all my recipes and have had no issues linking my Tilt. Works great and is much nicer to look at than my google docs for Tilt

I've signed up to try it, was going to use my Tilt with a batch of skeeter pee first time out. Mostly because it's easy and I'm feeling the effects of a good weeks worth of drinking while on vacation. I digress. I tried to set it up but I'm hanging at the point where I try to create a new brew so I can assign a brew to my device. No such animal as a beer.XML for skeeter pee that I can find.

In Beersmith, highlight the recipe and do a file save as. Look in the list of extensions, beer.xml is one.

Got it setup and working with minimal issues. Repurposed an old phone as my bluetooth go-between.

Question regarding "visitors" and views. How is my brew being found? I previously did a test setup with my Tilt in water for a few days as part of an extended calibration and noticed 7 visitors. It was just a test with a dummy recipe and I did not share the URL anywhere other than my Tilt setup.

I took a look at those views were from Google and Yandex indexing the site. Though the brew is not linked everywhere, it is discoverable via the site index that robots search through.

I took a look at those views were from Google and Yandex indexing the site. Though the brew is not linked everywhere, it is discoverable via the site index that robots search through.

Thanks. Good ole Google cataloging our every move. No probs, was just curious.

Okay, the data has been reporting fine, but starting this morning, rather than an approx 15 minute interval, it switched to roughly every hour, with it reporting 4 times in a row, every second. I'm using the Android app.

I know, in the long run, I'm still collecting data, just curious as to what may have happened. Unit defect? App issue?

https://www.brewstat.us/share/688/hopscape-shandy

Thanks

How did you change the reporting duration? Was that in the Android app?

Didn't do anything. It just started on it's own. Unfortunately, it appears to have stopped all together and I didn't notice it until I got into work. Another 4 hours until I get home so I can't see if the data is getting to the phone.

My reporting phone is approx 6 feet away from my fermenter and I know yesterday when I was setting it up, I would get data from the Tilt, to the Android app every 3 - 5 seconds, so I know the Bluetooth connect was okay.

If you look at the BrewStat data, it was reporting very steady until around 6 am or so.

I wonder if the phone went to sleep? It won't post data if that happens.

I'll check it when I get home in 4 hours. I thought I pulled all power saving settings, plus, it's plugged into the charger.

Strange that it was working okay then all of a sudden there was an hour gap with it reporting every second, 4 or 5 times, then another hour gap before, again doing multiple seconds reporting.

May uninstall and reinstall the app

Agreed. I didn't write the Tilt app, so I can't support it. The Tilt guys are really responsive so feel free to email them from their website for help!

Agreed. I didn't write the Tilt app, so I can't support it. The Tilt guys are really responsive so feel free to email them from their website for help!

Well, got home deleted all data and the app and re downloaded. So far it's back to an approx 15 interval. We'll see if it can maintain.

I did send off an email to Tilt, but no reply.

Thanks for the replies. Ended up subscribing to your site. :)

rlightner, Thanks again for such a useful site. I have another brew of my fermenting and the Tilt linked to Brewstat.us

Love watching on the site instead of a spreadsheet and great to share the link with family in Texas. They can't drink the beer but at least they watch it ferment :)

Back