Introducing BrewStat.us, a Brew data tracking site.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possible bug.Brew details aren't getting saved once edited.

Add a new brew xml. Once uploaded, edit it and update the Original Gravity, Final gravity, Brew Start date, Brew End Date fields. Save it, then go look at the brew details and you'll notice the OG and FG fields reflect your recent changes. If you go back into edit the brew, the above mentioned fields revert back to I assume my original brew .xml values.

Mike

Sorry about! It was failing silently. I've fixed that in the code and pushed out a new release.

-Raine

Sorry about! It was failing silently. I've fixed that in the code and pushed out a new release.

-Raine

when does that push out to the web? I ask because the Basics table on the Brew screen still shows incorrect data.

I just noticed the timezone might be off on the brewometer chart. My timezone is set for pacific standard but the display in the chart shows 6 hours in advance.

Chart library likes to stick to UTC. Had to hit it with a stick.

Any other features you see missing with the site?

-Raine

Chart library likes to stick to UTC. Had to hit it with a stick.

Any other features you see missing with the site?

-Raine

Fixed!

I'll have to think about missing features and get back to you.

Can you explain why there's an archive function rather than a delete option for the brews?

Features idea:

Alerts - notify user when brewometer data meets a certain criteria. For example, SG or temperature. Our even an alert when there's been no activity reported from the brewometer (heartbeat). Email or sms notifications would be nice.

when does that push out to the web? I ask because the Basics table on the Brew screen still shows incorrect data.

Still broken when you share a brew. Basics table shows incorrect data.

I also noticed when you select the "edit brewometer data" option under the wrench icon, it sends you to the shared brew page, at least for me. I can duplicate this on my android browser. I haven't tested on a pc browser yet.

Fixed those two items. This is what I get for trying to fix things while on vacation in San Francisco ;)

Archived, so that its not perm delete. You'll be able to do a perm delete soon.

I've noticed some odd behavior when adding two brews with the same xml file, but different names. I haven't pinned it down yet, but I'll try to duplicate the issue and report it. Also, I don't think the database likes it when you name a new brew with punctuation. For example, try uploading a new xml and calling the brew !PA1.0.

When editing a brew, you can't delete an entry. A message pops up to confirm delete, but when you say OK, nothing happens.

When you say "Delete an entry" what do you mean?

Delete a row in the brewometer recorded data by clicking the red x button.

delete.jpg

Question: if you archive all your brews, how do you restore them?

Brewbit was a kickstarter a few years back. They made several hundred devices, but for some unknown reason threw in the towel. They still support the web hosting of the data, but that's about it.
Brewbit's website is kaput and the devices are now useless as of about a day ago. I posted this in the original Brewbit thread:

Well, it looks like everyone with a Brewbit now owns an expensive thermometer, since the device appears to be completely nonfunctional now that Brewbit website/domain is offline. I just walked outside to begin a brew day and noticed that the screen was illuminated and reading 80 degrees, even though it had been idling along at 60 degrees for the last 2 weeks. I had assumed that I would still be able to manually operate the device from the touchscreen, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Hopefully someone will jump in and resurrect the website (or allow users to run it locally) but for now we're screwed. I guess I need to invest in a BrewPi setup...

There's some discussion about Brewbit controllers being effectively bricked on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Homebrewing/comments/51a0rb/brewbit_completely_shut_down_bricked/

Any status update on when you think you'll be adding notifications/alerts. This will be such an important and valuable feature, especially since the brewometer app has issues consistently staying open on the device.

Mike

I've updated the interface for editing that data, please give it a try again!

Hey rlightner,

How's the progress going with brewstat? Any update on those highly sought after features?

Things are progressing, I'm actually sitting on the couch working on some unit tests for the service. Here's a sneak peak of the new Notification tab. Some things are still in flux, but it should be out in the next few days in beta form

H6prUTI.png

Looks good. How about a notification for the last update time stamp? Notify if x time has passed, perhaps?

tmp_10246-20160922_1919162122038507.png

There will be four to start out with..

Temperature
Gravity
Device Outage
Site Outage

Fair enough. I'll be patient. In my opinion, a notification that my brewometer isn't reporting data is more important than being notified of the gravity or temp.

@rlightner - checking out the notifications on brewstat.us right now. Looks great so far. I was just thinking that it'd be nice to be alerted when the gravity hasn't changed in x amount of time. This would alert the user that fermentation has possibly ended, or is about to end. What do you think?

more thoughts..... maybe add an option to enable or disable an alert. That way you can temporarily disable the alter, rather than deleting it. I may want to use the alter later, but not want to recreate it.

I'm working on a "sleep" feature for the notifications, where you can sleep it for x number of mins.

Hi Raine,

First off thanks for all your hard work, it's really appreciated!

I don't know if you are still having server issues, but I cannot log in to my account this morning. I get a 500 Server Error and the "Uh!Oh! Something bad happened" message.

For my own wish list list, I would like to see:

Percentage/IBUS for grain/hops listed
An editable notes field
A "Days in Fermentation" counter

Thanks Again!!

Yes, sadly my hosting provider is still having issues. Time to start looking at migrating to Azure or something with better uptime. :/

Thanks for the suggestions though. All three of those are very handy. I've been working on the Recipe side of things and that the percentage /ibus will be part of that for sure.

Back