HOMEBREW SWAP-O-RAMA ROUND 2!!!! Spring Cleaning!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got off my butt when I realized I had more time tonight than tomorrow morning and a pack is en route from MI to PA. Pick up is tomorrow and says expected delivery, 1 business day so expect something as early as Thursday :D

Also I have tracking info if you'd like t and post when you receive. I while give you info one ach and abvs.

And sompls, I tried another tonight. Cream of three crops, it tastes like it should. Its light and creamy, does have hint of acetaldehyde but nothing that shouldn't age out and I personally would like to see a bit more carbonation on this style. The higher carb level helps a thinner bodied beer like this :)

Zoidberg :mad:....no just kidding...sheesh, you're absolutely right! I tried it after a couple of weeks and it was solid...but hadn't been in the fridge very long. I just ran out to the beer fridge and tried one...da heck?! Hardly any carbonation...sorry you had to be the guinea pig but I really do appreciate your feedback. Hang in there and keep trying them...I'll make it up to you! Thank goodness I sent some non homebrew too! :mug:

Coyote68...awesome reviews and I can't wait to try...I really enjoyed the mead...1st time trying and didn't know what to expect...but the honey at the end was perfect. I can see why you bottle in small bottles...yikes! It could be trouble! P.S. Your package was in OH tonight!

Thanks you guys...as usual, this place rocks!

Coyote68...awesome reviews and I can't wait to try...I really enjoyed the mead...1st time trying and didn't know what to expect...but the honey at the end was perfect. I can see why you bottle in small bottles...yikes! It could be trouble! P.S. Your package was in OH tonight!

Thanks you guys...as usual, this place rocks!

Glad you like the mead, my girls (bees) work hard for me. i gotta pick up 80,000
more bees tomorrow. hopefully i'll have some extra honey to send ya when i send out the pineapple beer.:D

No worries on it, I just wanted to let you know. Still enjoyable, I haven't cracked into many more yet and none of the commercial. I'm much more happy to try new homebrews.

So I got off my butt when I realized I had more time tonight than tomorrow morning and a pack is en route from MI to PA. Pick up is tomorrow and says expected delivery, 1 business day so expect something as early as Thursday :D

Hey Wait... I,m in PA...
could it be me?

My package is going out tomorrow or latest thursday. Sry its a day after deadline too. But its been a time crunch lately and ha to set up a new computer unexpectedly. Losing track of time these days.

You have breached the terms of agreement and thus we must terminate your eligibility from any future swaps. We will also be closing your HBT account.

Jk!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You have breached the terms of agreement and thus we must terminate your eligibility from any future swaps. We will also be closing your HBT account.

Jk!

Hilarious although in guessing you missed my next post where I ended up sending it out that night ��

This came today from MI....zoidberg
zoidberg.jpg

great packaging!! can't wait to try em and thanks for the 2 extras!
Joe can you pm me with the info. thanks
Joe (too)

Hilarious although in guessing you missed my next post where I ended up sending it out that night í*½í¸‹

Right on man!! You can stay in good standing.

Nah in all seriousness I forgot my package at work. I brought it in to the office to keep cool as I have beer carbonating in the bottle. I didn't want it sitting in the hot car. I had to turn around cuz I was halfway home, so I barely got it out too! I didn't want to lose my HBT account ;)

Glad to see it all arrived safe. I'll pm you all the details when I get to my beersmith (dates bottled and abvs)

Left to right

Chocolate Hazelnut Porter
Pumpkin Ale (this one is at its peak after about 7 months in bottle, sure wish I had aside a few more, made with pumpkin and spices)
Black Rye Ale
Mosaic IPA (single hopped British style IPA, much maltier than your avg. IPA)
Amarillo Wheat (uses Bells House yeast)
Green Tea Blonde Ale
Zythos Pale Ale (single hopped and dry hopped pale ale)

Cheers! Enjoy

Glad to see it all arrived safe. I'll pm you all the details when I get to my beersmith (dates bottled and abvs)

Left to right

Chocolate Hazelnut Porter
Pumpkin Ale (this one is at its peak after about 7 months in bottle, sure wish I had aside a few more, made with pumpkin and spices)
Black Rye Ale
Mosaic IPA (single hopped British style IPA, much maltier than your avg. IPA)
Amarillo Wheat (uses Bells House yeast)
Green Tea Blonde Ale
Zythos Pale Ale (single hopped and dry hopped pale ale)

Cheers! Enjoy

awsome!! thanks:D

It's nice to see all you receiving everything. I'm kinda bummed that mine was delivered over a week ago with no comments or even a delivery confirmation. Hopefully next round will be better

My delivery arrived this morning. Pictures later.

Glad to see that it arrived safely, even though it was supposed to be there yesterday. FedEx seems to do that to me every time.

Hope you enjoy them and I'd be more than happy to answer any questions

It's nice to see all you receiving everything. I'm kinda bummed that mine was delivered over a week ago with no comments or even a delivery confirmation. Hopefully next round will be better

That's a bummer...I've been getting some great feedback regarding the ones I sent to zoidberg....and in another trade with coyote68 too...both have been very honest and extremely helpful!
I was to receive mine from txbighops but unfortunately it was the one that crashed and burned! He's working on a replacement so all is well! :)
Hope everybody else is enjoying as much as I have been.

Received mine from Aeviaanah this morning. He sent:

- Oatmeal Stout
- IPA
- Gumballhead Clone
- Citra Pale Ale
- 2 bottles of peach wine

And he threw in a bottle of Zombie Dust (never had it before and cannot get it anywhere near here) and Lagunitas Undercover Investigation.

So awesome. Thank you so much! I have the Gumballhead and Citra in the cellar to carbonate. Rest are in the fridge and I'll send you my thoughts as I drink them. You rock!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397924999.811857.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1397925010.556980.jpg

Same here. But I have a ups confirmation. ...

Received mine from Aeviaanah this morning. He sent:

- Oatmeal Stout
- IPA
- Gumballhead Clone
- Citra Pale Ale
- 2 bottles of peach wine

And he threw in a bottle of Zombie Dust (never had it before and cannot get it anywhere near here) and Lagunitas Undercover Investigation.

So awesome. Thank you so much! I have the Gumballhead and Citra in the cellar to carbonate. Rest are in the fridge and I'll send you my thoughts as I drink them. You rock!View attachment 194296View attachment 194297

Glad everything arrived safely! Please critique upon drinking!

I haven't got a package yet.

I put together a little spreadsheet, and went back and reviewed the entire thread. 12 of 14 have posted that their packages have been sent. Of those, one is mine which is apparently destroyed. Of the other 11, 8 are acknowledged as received by a post. Two more senders have rec'd confirmation from their shipper, but no post here yet. So to summarize:

8 delivered and confirmed by post
2 delivered and unconfirmed by recipient
1 undelivered
3 not yet sent (including my second attempt)

I have discussed with sompls, and he is okay with waiting until I get my package so that I can review the proper packing method and make sure my next shipment to him arrives intact.

I have a bad habit of not labeling anything. The dark wine is a Pomegranate Zin that my wife enjoys, second is a Coastal White Wine. The 3 middle are my first run at an alt beer, that need time to carb up and possibly condition some. I tried the alt today, the half that I kegged, and it still needs a little time. Also, I miscalculated my bottling volume, so carbonation might be a little high on the alt beers.

The wines sound awesome and I'll hold off a few weeks on the alt.

Thank you for everything

I think one issue with people not receiving feedback is the lack of knowing who to give feedback on. I have no clue who I sent to other than his real name. No way of knowing his. HBT name. Also my sender gave no reference to his HBT name so I don't know who to give feedback to.

Well yea that's why you need to post here when you receive a package.

Btw, after trying sompls's version of yoopers house pale I decided to make it my next brew which I'm about to start right now.:D

Let me know about yoops hpa. I'm really enjoying the pales I've been brewing, and a spot in my chamber just opened up.

The recipe sounds great to me, and the one I tried tasted really good too. I've loved other pales a couple ipas I've done with Munich or Vienna malts and this one has lots of both. I've just gotten into water chemistry (about 4 batches ago)and have adjusted this 4 gallon batch I'm doing to have a pale ale water profile similar to the one suggested by bru n water, but a little different. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I think one issue with people not receiving feedback is the lack of knowing who to give feedback on. I have no clue who I sent to other than his real name. No way of knowing his. HBT name. Also my sender gave no reference to his HBT name so I don't know who to give feedback to.

I belive you got mine. There was an oat stout, a rye ipa, another ipa, a chinook ipa, a orange wheat, a pumkin cider, and an orange cider. some had homemade labels, and the others had masking tape labels

Glad to see that it arrived safely, even though it was supposed to be there yesterday. FedEx seems to do that to me every time.

Hope you enjoy them and I'd be more than happy to answer any questions

Just opened the chocolate (stout or porter)? Lovely head when poured and a great flavor.

2014-04-27 14.25.31.jpg

Well yea that's why you need to post here when you receive a package.

Btw, after trying sompls's version of yoopers house pale I decided to make it my next brew which I'm about to start right now.:D

I just bottled Yooper's Broken Leg house amber...Maybe you'd be interested in a trade? I wouldn't mind trying your version of the house pale.

Back