HOMEBREW SWAP-O-RAMA ROUND 2!!!! Spring Cleaning!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got 4 ready to go, plus maybe a fifth that's a week into bottle carbing. I haven't even tasted that one yet so....

Black IPA
Saison (expirimental)
American Wheat (Oberon Tribute)
MO/Citra SMaSH

Red Ale (maybe)

I have
Dipa using only belma
SMaSH barleywine GP/EKG
American barely wine aged in rum barrel
Imp stout with Chipotle chilies, vanilla beans, cocoa nibs
And some 4+ year old meads which will be sent. Who knows what other goodies will find there way.
May have a lambic bottles (features rasberries, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries) with jolly pumpkin, 3F, cantillon, crooked stave dregs.

Just awesome... NOT! FedEx tracking report indicates my package is damaged. I packed the crap out of that box. Morons must have thrown it across the truck! I'm guessing this will delay delivery. I'll keep you all updated.

Ouch, Minnesota got snow in April. Us in Michigan were so close. Lots of rain but temp stayed just above 32.

Yeah we were lucky enough to get 8 inches of what my dad always called "heart attack snow". So wet and heavy you almost kill yourself shoveling it.

Just got my haul. Thanks Matt! I get the 2 porters, but ya gotta tell me what the others are. Got one labeled "p" one labeled "H" and an American flag top. I'm chilling a porter to drink with dinner

image.jpg

Terek - sent you a PM with the details. I forgot to include my packing slip. Totally appreciate any honest feedback via PM

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The brown porter, very good. A little toasty, a little nutty. Smooth and drinkable, but a bit of alcohol taste at the back of my tongue. Just like I like a good porter. I can usually tell if a homebrew is made all grain or extract, I could not tell on this brew. Well done. Now on to the next. Think I will crack a pumpkin ale next

Now on to the pumpkin ale. Nice body. It's deff all grain ;) a bit spicy, but good spice. The pumpkin is definetally there. A bit over powering. Mabe a little less pumpkin, or another month on the shelf. I'm not big on the bold pumpkin taste, so all that is totally IMO. I will age the other pumpkin, and I bet the taste will realy shine threw with another month to 6 weeks in my cellar. I have found that pumpkin ales are best at 3-4 months from start to glass. I will probably cellar the other porter a bit as well. That was already good and will only get better. Will try the hefe Tom. About bedtime and I'm getting up early to go scout for turkey's. Good beers :tank:

Thanks again man. Glad you enjoyed. Love getting real feedback from fellow brewers.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Mine is out and on its way. If course I saw this morning that my print out of recipes is still on the dining room table so I'll have to pm the specs on my stuff

1:51 pm
Delivery exception
SALINE, MI
Customer not available or business closed
:(
Ruh roh! If you're part of the swap and in MI there is a package out there somewhere.

Bout half way threw the hefe. Very fruity, and flavorful. Good balance. I'm not big on weizens, so I don't have many taste ing notes on it, but it is good. I would drink another any day.
So out of your 3 beer styles, I will rate out of ten.
Porter: 9/10 very good, another month and I bet it's a 10/10
Pumpkin ale: 7/10 needs a little less pumpkin, or a few more months
Hefeweizen: 8/10 very good, not big on this style, but SWAMBO loved it

Just awesome... NOT! FedEx tracking report indicates my package is damaged. I packed the crap out of that box. Morons must have thrown it across the truck! I'm guessing this will delay delivery. I'll keep you all updated.

Good to see that the packages are starting to arrive, and to read the tasting notes. I was hoping mine would be one of the first, but unfortunately it was damaged in some way. I cannot get FedEx to tell me the extent of the damage. And of course everyone I talk to wants details regarding what's in the package. So far I am just telling them homemade food products. I have also advised them to deliver in spite of the damage. I'm hoping only one bottle broke, but still no info from FedEx. I'll keep trying and update next week.

Sorry. :mad:

1:51 pm
Delivery exception
SALINE, MI
Customer not available or business closed
:(
Ruh roh! If you're part of the swap and in MI there is a package out there somewhere.

Hmm I'm in Ypsilanti MI which is right next to Saline (assuming FedEx.might generalize) but I was home yesterday at 2pm...

Good to see that the packages are starting to arrive, and to read the tasting notes. I was hoping mine would be one of the first, but unfortunately it was damaged in some way. I cannot get FedEx to tell me the extent of the damage. And of course everyone I talk to wants details regarding what's in the package. So far I am just telling them homemade food products. I have also advised them to deliver in spite of the damage. I'm hoping only one bottle broke, but still no info from FedEx. I'll keep trying and update next week.

Sorry. :mad:

In spite of several calls to FedEx on Friday, I still have no information. Now I find out this morning that their Home Delivery dept is closed on Mondays, so the earliest I will find out anything is tomorrow. (Tuesday)

Bout half way threw the hefe. Very fruity, and flavorful. Good balance. I'm not big on weizens, so I don't have many taste ing notes on it, but it is good. I would drink another any day.
So out of your 3 beer styles, I will rate out of ten.
Porter: 9/10 very good, another month and I bet it's a 10/10
Pumpkin ale: 7/10 needs a little less pumpkin, or a few more months
Hefeweizen: 8/10 very good, not big on this style, but SWAMBO loved it

Thanks, Terek!

Just dropped off at fedex. Should be to warrior, al by Friday

Package received in MIA. Thanks Chris AKA sompls

Got a few local brews along with 6 homebrews that I'm very excited to try. Will post picture and list when I get home later tonight.

Back