HOMEBREW SWAP-O-RAMA ROUND 2!!!! Spring Cleaning!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psycotte

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Participant List:

1. Psycotte

2. Stovetop535

3. Zoidberg

4. Inkman15

5. TxBigHops

6. Terek

7. Sompls

8. Ned Valton

9. JDT 419

10. Brewbien

11. aeviaanah

12. Coyote68

13. Cmoewes

14. Jupapabear

ROUND 2!!!!! Clean up those beer shelves!!! This swap format and swap in general have the blessings of TheMan and TxBrew respectively. HOMEBREW is the focus and not an Extra! So without further ado here are the details.

This is a Homebrew oriented swap. The focus here is on small homebrew packages in TheMan's classic Swap-a-rama style. Pay close attention to the rules Please.

Here are the rules for this round:

- Total volume minimum is 48 oz. of HOMEBREW. This can include beer, apfelwein, mead, etc. Extras of any kind are at your discretion but this swap is designed to help us all share homebrew and get some outside opinions from fellow HBT'ers. You may want to include in your package your Untappd brewery information and maybe even a recipe or two for the recipient to give a shot at if they really like your homebrew!

- You are to ship your box BY 4/15/2014 . The sooner this fills up, the sooner I have addresses to you.

- 100 post minimum to be eligible.

NEW MEMBER CLAUSE:

- I will allow 3 exemptions to this so as to allow some newer members entry. However, if you are one of the 3 under the 100 post minimum you will be expected to ship first. The member with your address will not ship until we have word that your package has landed safely. (If you are shipping to someone with over 100 posts you will ship as soon as you have your package ready, like normal)

The rest of the details:

When you post that you are in, PM me your address. That's it.

I will cap this at 15 participants unless there is some kind of unexpected surge in requests to join. Once I have a list of all participants I will then randomly select who ships beer to who. You won't necessarily be shipping to the person that is shipping to you.

Once I have my list of who ships where, ill pm each person the address. Keep this secret, it'll make it more fun! You will then be expected to ship your beer, abiding by the rules above. Please pm me your tracking number when shipped. We will all post our awesome hauls when received and enjoy!

If you have never shipped beer please read this thread on shipping tips:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/tutorial-shipping-beer-93042/

Also, don't forget to leave iTrader feedback.

The forum is not responsible for anyone that abuses this swap-o-rama, we all take equal risk in participating.

Let me know if you have any questions.:beard:

I would get in on this but have not brewed enough , only have 2 batches, to give a good trade. Maybe within a year or so I can build up a supply and have something decent to offer.

I would get in on this but have not brewed enough , only have 2 batches, to give a good trade. Maybe within a year or so I can build up a supply and have something decent to offer.

I intentionally only have these swaps set at 48 ounces for a reason. These aren't meant to be massive swaps like the other swap-o-rama or craft beer maw threads. These packages should be smallish. I don't think any of us has a gigantic cellar of home brew. This is all about getting a taste of something others are doing and getting some feedback on how you as a brewer are doing.

I have plenty of American Brown Ale. I will be bottling the second batch this weekend, not sure if it will be conditioned in enough time. I have several recipes in mind and would hate to take the spot of someone who has something to offer. I will sit this one out and see what I have ready for the next one.

I would like to participate this round. I'm a fairly new brewer with three batches bottled. Would like to get honest critique of how I'm doing, and how I could improve.

Im in. I wanted to do the last one, but i really didnt have much to swap. I did follow the post daily do see what everyone was getting. I got around 8 diff. kinds to deal with now, so im so in :)

My only concern would be, what if folks Homebrew....well, sort of suck? how do you work that?

Send em out and we will let ya know if they suck ;)
I have had some homebrew that wasn't the greatest, but I have yet to try some that was undrinkable.

If there is still room for a new brewer I'd like to be in....I think feedback from somebody other than myself and my gal would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My only concern would be, what if folks Homebrew....well, sort of suck? how do you work that?

Exactly why I want to participate. If it sucks, I want to know. Please be constructive with your criticism. Obviously I don't want to continue to make beer that sucks. I'm hoping those of you here with more experience can help me make BETTER beer.

Also, my package will have "extras" so if my beer really does suck (not that I think it will) there will be some tasty commercial brews as well.

Which actually brings up what I think is a more relevant question - Is there any attempt made to match up the sender and recipients preferred styles of beer? I would be slightly disappointed to get a package of beer that might actually be really good beer, but just not the styles that I care to drink. Although, come to think of it, I probably drink too much of the same styles and it would probably be nice to drink something a little different. So maybe I just answered my own question! :confused:

If there is still room for a new brewer I'd like to be in....I think feedback from somebody other than myself and my gal would be awesome!

Definitely room. Pm me your address

Exactly why I want to participate. If it sucks, I want to know. Please be constructive with your criticism. Obviously I don't want to continue to make beer that sucks. I'm hoping those of you here with more experience can help me make BETTER beer.

Also, my package will have "extras" so if my beer really does suck (not that I think it will) there will be some tasty commercial brews as well.

Which actually brings up what I think is a more relevant question - Is there any attempt made to match up the sender and recipients preferred styles of beer? I would be slightly disappointed to get a package of beer that might actually be really good beer, but just not the styles that I care to drink. Although, come to think of it, I probably drink too much of the same styles and it would probably be nice to drink something a little different. So maybe I just answered my own question! :confused:

I agree. Answered your own question. :)

I plan on sending one of everything i got, witch is a very large diversity. From light ales to ipas to stouts to cider and even might throw in a hard lemonade (didnt turn out like i wanted, but still drinkable) so if you dont like one of my styles, give it away and you will still have plenty others to try :) Might even throw in a few store boughts from my fav. local breweries

I plan on sending one of everything i got, witch is a very large diversity. From light ales to ipas to stouts to cider and even might throw in a hard lemonade (didnt turn out like i wanted, but still drinkable) so if you dont like one of my styles, give it away and you will still have plenty others to try :) Might even throw in a few store boughts from my fav. local breweries

I wish I had that much to share. Down the road I will, and I will do this again. Mine should last pretty well since I'm the only one in my household that regularly drinks craft beer.

I'm trying to bottle a 6 pack of each brew I make for this thread. Unfortunately, I like to brew IPA and hoppy beers that just don't age. Going to have to try some other beers that can last a few months!

I would love to get in on this... I'm 3 posts short of 100 so can I qualify for an exception or wait until tomorrow as I post 1-2 times a day ;)

I like your lineup. I hope you get my address. If your Furious clone isn't ready yet, you can just send me a can of the real thing!

Okay you should all be waking up to an address in your IM box except for one person. I am lacking one participant address. YOU know who you are. :)

Everyone ship when ready! Let's try to have all boxes out by the 15th of April and keep this one tight. I myself plan on shipping Saturday after my debacle of life issues in the first round. We should have no real cold weather worries so let's have fun and do this!!!

Don't forget to PM me your tracking number when you get it. Also please give iTrader feedback when you receive a box.

My orange cider should be ready next weekend, and it want to get one of those in it, so I will ship on the 5th. It will be green, but still good. Mabe my recipt. Can wait a month before he tries :)
I also plan on putting a sheet with the recipes and processes I did in my box, so whoever gets mine can replicate if he likes it

I may wait another week or so to ship so I can send my version of George Washington's Small Beer. And my SMaSH gp/cascade IPA

Ill be sending four different varieties maybe five if its done in time- an oatmeal stout, imperial IPA, hoppy wheat beer, peach wine and possibly a sour or two. I'm looking forward to an honest review!

Back