HOMEBREW SWAP-O-RAMA ROUND 2!!!! Spring Cleaning!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a bad habit of not labeling anything. The dark wine is a Pomegranate Zin that my wife enjoys, second is a Coastal White Wine. The 3 middle are my first run at an alt beer, that need time to carb up and possibly condition some. I tried the alt today, the half that I kegged, and it still needs a little time. Also, I miscalculated my bottling volume, so carbonation might be a little high on the alt beers.

Pomegranate zinfandel has a light crisp flavor and the pomegranate really shines, went really well with our dinner last night

here's what i had so far...
Mosaic
mosaic 1.jpg
This is an excellent Btitish IPA. nice balance with the hops right where they are supposed to be, head and lacing are wonderful.
This is an easy drinking beer that was thoroughly enjoyed!!
Great job!

Amarillo Wheat
amarwheat1.jpg
what a pleasant surprise. this beer is very different than any of the wheat beers that i have tried. Floral nose followed by a citrus and yeasty flavor. This beer uses that bell house strain superbly. i think a little more carbonation will add a little more to this good beer.

Green Tea Blonde
Greenteablonde1.jpg
What An Awesome Beer!!:rockin:
this beer has a very floral nose and a sweet smell to it. This is an excellent example of how a blonde should be.
Overall impression: I gotta get this recipe. :D

zoidberg , i'll get to the others very soon.
thank you for these very good beers.

Thanks coyote, appreciate it the words.

When I get to computer I will post a full recipe for the Green Tea Bllonde but essentially it is BMs centennial blonde grain bill for 5 gallons made into a 4 gallon batch so OG is 1.061(because its getting topped off with tea to a full 5 gallons. I used Calypso hops and Cascade instead of Centennial and Cascade.

After fermentation on the 4 gallons of strong blonde is complete I make a gallon of double strength Green Tea, for mine I used a Tropical Flower Green Tea from a local tea maker, its ingredients in the loose tea list as china green tea, mango bits, flower of sandy immortelles, safflowers, and marigold blossoms. I filter out all the tea flakes and bring tea to 160 again for at least 15min to pasteurize and added to fermented blonde ale.

Would you post the recipe? (or PM is fine)

OG 1.077
Efficiency about 75%

60 monute mash at 152
10# 2-row
1.5# crystal 75
1# chocolate malt
.625# roasted malt

90 minute boil
2.2oz Willamette 90 min
1.25 oz willamette 30min
1# lactose added last 10 minutes of boil
8 oz cocao powder last 10 minutes

Fermented with us-05 at 68 degrees for three weeks then added 10oz bakers chocolate (finely chopped and soaked in just enough vanilla vodka to cover for 1 week) and two split vanilla beans. Left for two more weeks.

Bottled with 4oz of corn sugar dissolve in a couple cups of water and store at around 70 for at least a month but better after a couple

Just read the rules, thats an awesome thing to do! I'd like to get in on the next round if at all possible. Hope it worked for everyone.

Got a Beer it Forward package from Coyote68 Thanks again man, I look forward to them

I got three local brews form Rivertowne

Grateful White (A Wit brewed with coriander and orange peel)
Babbling Blonde
Maxwell's Scottish Ale

And 2 Homebrews

Sanctuary Gose (Maybe a Mead?)
Rye IPA

WP_20140430_004.jpg

So this second round didn't go as smoothly as the first. I was thinking of starting up a third one. The rules would be the same, but I would like to add that posting pics, tasting notes, and just forum participation in general will be required. I know that a few of you did not receive packages, and I would like to know and try and figure out why and try and count the none senders out of this next round. I know life things come up, but this type of thing is for regular forum posters. I am usually on here some were at LEAST once a day, and have always kept daily tabs on the swap page in general, and will require anyone in the next round to do the same. The point of this is to get feedback on our own brews, and I myself was a little disappointed when I did not receive any. I will try and touch bases with sycotte again, but I know he has had a lot of life changing issues going on, and might not be around anymore. I may do him a beer it forward if he does not want to host round three, he may need it.

That said, what do you all think? Should we give it another go?

I have done both of these and would be up for another.

I've kinda gotten out of trading and swaps for commercial brews but these homebrew swaps are great even though a lot of people haven't shipped on time in both this and the previous round. I like trying other people's creations and haven't received a bad brew yet

I slacked on my note seeing as I had no clue who my sender was for a while and lost what I had written down. I think putting a note with who you are helps. Also know the person we send to ' s screen name helps a ton. I never heard anything at all though I put a note with my info and beer notes. But have no clue who my person was. I have done a lot of these and most times you know their screen name

Cracked another one of my swaps last night labeled "L" at first I thought it was going to be a lager but when I poured it was really lite. Turned out to be skeeter pee. Sweet, tart and refreshing. I only wish it was summer

Cracked another one of my swaps last night labeled "L" at first I thought it was going to be a lager but when I poured it was really lite. Turned out to be skeeter pee. Sweet, tart and refreshing. I only wish it was summer

In my defense, I had a list written up of what everything was but I forgot to put it in the box.

I'm glad that most of you are wanting to do this again. I like homebrew swaps a lot more than commercial swaps. And Thanks for the suggestions on how to set up this next one. I will Definetally be giving screen names with addresses so everyone knows who is who. I will also try to keep shipping between people a short distance as possible to cut down on costs. My family is doing Mother's Day today, so I will be setting up the new thread off and on and should have it up by the end of the day. Check this thread this evening for a link to the new one. I will also send Pms of the new thread to the people that have shown interest. See y'all soon!

This all looks awesome guys!
I want to participate one day!
Maybe I'll be there by this fall.... lol

I'm in but the link sends me to a thread about lovin bud lite? Da heck?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

i sent ya a PM trying to get ya in. Mabe search for it in the forums section. We all want you in :)

Latest posts

Back