HBT Fantasy Football 2014 #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what happened, but my team went nuts. Not meaning to rub it in, but my bench beat his team...

Ok, maybe I do mean to rub it in :D

Haha I wasn't sure how you werent doing so good the first part of the season, now your guys are hitting their stride.

This playoff week is going to be rough! There are many teams in the mix and it could go any direction. Good luck everyone!

It does start next week. If two people have the same record it goes by head to head record. If they didnt play each other it goes by total points scored that season.

just a friendly FYI that both Ups and FedEx are hiking ground shipment prices by %5 Jan 1 if you use them for packages.

Boy, that tie-breaker made a big difference at the end! Congrats to every one on a good season, and good luck to every one who has made the playoffs.

I'm not sure I'm going to be advancing either, but I guess it has to be one of us.

I never believed my projected score for a minute. Now it's up to McCoy to match Ertz+10... You know, do what I drafted him for.

And McCoy threw the key block for another not-McCoy's TD. Fantasy football is a fickle b!tch. Oh, well. Best of luck to our final two.

I need Stills to have a career best night and Bennett to lay an egg. Needless to say, confidence is not high. It was a fun season...

And McCoy threw the key block for another not-McCoy's TD. Fantasy football is a fickle b!tch. Oh, well. Best of luck to our final two.

I cringed every time McCoy got the ball. I got lucky that they kept giving the ball to Polk on the goal line. Not sure what they were thinking but they didnt seem to get McCoy involved much last night. With Sanchez as QB, I would have run the ball 50+ times.

I cringed every time McCoy got the ball. I got lucky that they kept giving the ball to Polk on the goal line. Not sure what they were thinking but they didnt seem to get McCoy involved much last night. With Sanchez as QB, I would have run the ball 50+ times.

McCoy hasn't been too involved all year. Which I don't quite understand... Outside of Maclin, they aren't loaded at WR, and, while Ertz has been improving, they aren't blowing anyone away with the play from their TEs. They're trying to use McCoy as a first down power back, which he certainly is not. Then, they're pulling in Sproles for 3rd down. Sproles and McCoy are two of their best skill players, and they're almost never on the field together, which is making their offense surprisingly flat. I really do not understand why they aren't using some more creative packages and flexing McCoy and Sproles out to WR. Both players have great hands and can run routes. McCoy almost never had the ball in space, which is probably why they lost the game.

Anyway, McCoy was at least a better first round pick than AP or Charles. He's been on the field, but it would have been nice to get some points out of the #1 overall pick.

McCoy hasn't been too involved all year. Which I don't quite understand... Outside of Maclin, they aren't loaded at WR, and, while Ertz has been improving, they aren't blowing anyone away with the play from their TEs. They're trying to use McCoy as a first down power back, which he certainly is not. Then, they're pulling in Sproles for 3rd down. Sproles and McCoy are two of their best skill players, and they're almost never on the field together, which is making their offense surprisingly flat. I really do not understand why they aren't using some more creative packages and flexing McCoy and Sproles out to WR. Both players have great hands and can run routes. McCoy almost never had the ball in space, which is probably why they lost the game.

Anyway, McCoy was at least a better first round pick than AP or Charles. He's been on the field, but it would have been nice to get some points out of the #1 overall pick.

I agree, they easily have the best backfield in the NFL. Sporles with space to move can be very dangerous and he has proven that over the years. Having both of them play at the same time would be hell to cover for any defense.

I will be flying to Taos, NM this Sunday and dont think I will be able to watch football!! This is going to suck haha

I took McCoy as the #1 pick in one of my other leagues and he has been a complete bust for me this season :( While Charles on the other hand, got him as the #4 pick in another league and has been very well. I have said it before, but FF is a game of complete luck sometimes. It takes a bit of knowledge to be able to have the correct players on your roster and on the field at the right time, but even then you can't guarantee who's going to put how many points on the board.

I took McCoy as the #1 pick in one of my other leagues and he has been a complete bust for me this season :( While Charles on the other hand, got him as the #4 pick in another league and has been very well. I have said it before, but FF is a game of complete luck sometimes. It takes a bit of knowledge to be able to have the correct players on your roster and on the field at the right time, but even then you can't guarantee who's going to put how many points on the board.

I should have accepted the homer that I am and grabbed Forte. Not that he's been as great of late, but he's had a nice season on an otherwise garbage team.

Luck is a huge part of fantasy football. Not only for who you decide to start on your own team, but also who your opponent decides to start as well. Most teams that have the best record at the end of the season or advance through the playoffs are the ones who not only score a lot of points, but also have the least amount of points scored on them throughout the season.

I think the draft is huge. I know a couple players names after this year, but still will have to rely on autodrafts next year.

Poor Budmud drafted Monte Ball with first pick and finished in last. This happened to me also in another league. The people who also got Adrian Peterson in all 3 leagues never made it to .500 either.

I think the draft is huge. I know a couple players names after this year, but still will have to rely on autodrafts next year.

Poor Budmud drafted Monte Ball with first pick and finished in last. This happened to me also in another league. The people who also got Adrian Peterson in all 3 leagues never made it to .500 either.

Great point. The draft and then injuries are huge. I always try not to draft players who had a great season the year before and instead try to find consistent players, but even that is difficult. I had AP last year and knew I wouldnt draft him again just because he did so well. For instance, I wont be drafting Damarco Murray next year.

Holy roller coaster of emotions. I about had a heart attack when i saw lynch wasn't starting but damn did he make up for it. Awesome season lads! I hope you all come back for next year!

What a crazy season for FF. Along with injuries we had to deal with the players who were out due to changing drug abuse policies, beating their wife in an elevator and beating their children.

God I love the NFL!

Boy, sets up a FF league, wins it and takes all our beer. I think we might have been hustled. ;)

Are you going to PM all of us your address? I won't make any promises about shipping this week, but I hope you're thirsty.

Holy roller coaster of emotions. I about had a heart attack when i saw lynch wasn't starting but damn did he make up for it. Awesome season lads! I hope you all come back for next year!

I was super excited when he didn't play the first quarter.... then he scored the TD and I turned the TV off and went to bed.... holy "how bad can my Fantasy Super bowl be" day.

Matt Stafford - suck
Martellus Bennett - Suck
Colts D - suck

The crazy thing about the Colts D is I was about to drop them and pick up Dallas' D, but missed it by 30 secs. As I am sitting there trying to determine whether I should pick them up, I look up and the game has already started :(

Oh well, congrats Finsfan. I was really wanting that Pliny :(

Boy, sets up a FF league, wins it and takes all our beer. I think we might have been hustled. ;)

Are you going to PM all of us your address? I won't make any promises about shipping this week, but I hope you're thirsty.

Haha i couldnt even have predicted how that played out. I almost sat gore but thank god i didnt. Andrew luck scoring .36 points?! Wtf haha. I am on vacation currently but should be able to pm everyone tonight after hitting the slopes.

I was super excited when he didn't play the first quarter.... then he scored the TD and I turned the TV off and went to bed.... holy "how bad can my Fantasy Super bowl be" day.

Matt Stafford - suck

Martellus Bennett - Suck

Colts D - suck

The crazy thing about the Colts D is I was about to drop them and pick up Dallas' D, but missed it by 30 secs. As I am sitting there trying to determine whether I should pick them up, I look up and the game has already started :(

Oh well, congrats Finsfan. I was really wanting that Pliny :(

You were honestly on the top of my list of who i didnt want to play in the playoffs. Not sure how many points dallas d scored but it would have made things interesting thats for sure.

Haha i couldnt even have predicted how that played out. I almost sat gore but thank god i didnt. Andrew luck scoring .36 points?! Wtf haha. I am on vacation currently but should be able to pm everyone tonight after hitting the slopes.

On vacation, winning FF, getting beer shipped to him. What a life!

Bumping the below from the first message of the thread up to the current now that we all have shipping info. Time to bury finsfan in beer!

You are also agreeing to send the winner of this league beer. We will keep this the same as last year and only require to send a bomber (or 22oz) of quality commercial craft beer. Of course, extras and home brews are always welcome. The winner of the league will be responsible for getting their shipping information out to the other 15 of us.

A new rule for this year, you must send beer to the winner to be able to join in next year. Last year the winner said he did not care if everyone sent him something, which is perfectly fine, but this year it will be different. If you do fail to send a small congratulatory box of beer to the winner, you will not be able to participate in this league in 2015.

BTW, I will be updating the first post with who has sent beer. I understand if it takes a couple months for weather to cooperate to send out, but please try to keep your agreement. Please dont take this the wrong way as I have also informed the other HBT fantasy league of this as well. Cheers all! :mug:

Back