HBT Fantasy Football 2014 #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious how Sproles only got me 5 points when he scored a touchdown and didn't have a turnover?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Unless the Bears lose, in which case it's a sh!tty day.

Well looks like barley bob had a sh!tty day. I on the other hand, landed my first win in this league (unless brees has a record night), and went to auburn alehouse and knee deep today!

And the Eagles decided to dump all over my fantasy team. So, not a banner day for the Bobster.

How does Waivers work? Is there any well to tell if you get first pick or whatever on the waiver list?

Waivers run from Monday till Wednesday, I believe they reset every week according to reverse order of standings. You can see what waiver pick you have on the league page with the standings. After Wednesday players become free agents and you can pick them up whenever, unless they have been dropped that week by another team. During the waiver period the team with the lowest waiver pick claiming a player gets the player.

That's the jist

Apparently, fantasy football is just a different game in KC.

I wouldnt know, I'm two hours west. But again, this was something we talked about preseason before you even decided to join. Not sure why you keep bashing the league, its supposed to be fun.

I'm just used to different settings. I play a few 12 team leagues where 6 get in. And I wouldn't use the word bashing either. I could ask you why you're being so defensive, but I realize that's not the tone you're using.

Waivers run from Monday till Wednesday, I believe they reset every week according to reverse order of standings.

That's the jist

I don't think that is quite right. One team the is 0-4 is Waiver 10 while one that is 4-0 is Waiver 9.

Even though the Settings says:
"Resets Every Tuesday to Inverse Order of Standings".

the order will reset after the Monday night game. The current order is for the Thursday through Sunday waiver period. The second part of the week waiver period applies to players dropped this week. So if I drop Player A to pick up Player B and I have the lowest waiver claim I receive player B on Wednesday. Player A goes on waivers till Sunday morning I believe. The numbers now are relevant to the Thursday Sunday waivers. After tonight they should reset for the Monday - Wednesday waiver period.

This part wasn't part of the gist

I don't think that is quite right. One team the is 0-4 is Waiver 10 while one that is 4-0 is Waiver 9.

Even though the Settings says:
"Resets Every Tuesday to Inverse Order of Standings".

That is true. But, if someone doesnt claim anyone off of waiver on wednesday, their waiver spot goes lower. If they do pick someone up, then their waiver spot goes higher.

For example, if this was waiver order before wednesday...

team a - waiver 1
team b - waiver 2
team c- waiver 3
team d - waiver 4

then if team A puts in a waiver before wed but no other team does, after wed team A moves to waiver 4 and all the other teams shift up. Then, until the football week is over waiver will continue to shift depending on who uses them. I hope that helped but wasnt too confusing haha.

The only bad part about being in first place is the waiver wire :( I'm pretty much assured to not be able to get anyone off the waiver wire.

congrats, It's not like anything of value comes along though. maybe 1 or 2 players a week. It seems like a good way to balance against unfortunate drafts.

congrats, It's not like anything of value comes along though. maybe 1 or 2 players a week. It seems like a good way to balance against unfortunate drafts.

I feel like we all have comparably good teams. A lot of winning in fantasy football is luck. The people who normally win have the least amount of points scored against them.

I feel like we all have comparably good teams. A lot of winning in fantasy football is luck. The people who normally win have the least amount of points scored against them.

Agreed, all of the football knowledge in the world won't do you any good when your first round pick gets hurt early in the season and your fourth round pick that ended up being a star has a bye week. You see how (in)accurate the projections are from people who are experts every week.

How late can you adjust your lineup for the week?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back