HBT Fantasy Football 2014 #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@finsfan - you still planning a trip out this way, or you want me to pack and ship? I'm good either way, just let me know.

@finsfan - you still planning a trip out this way, or you want me to pack and ship? I'm good either way, just let me know.

We are thinking end of January but it depends on my buddies work schedule. Either way i should get out there in a month or so. Thanks for checking though, I'll keep you posted.

BTW, I will be updating the first post with who has sent beer. I understand if it takes a couple months for weather to cooperate to send out, but please try to keep your agreement. Please dont take this the wrong way as I have also informed the other HBT fantasy league of this as well. JCheers all! :mug:

Fins, here's my weather situation. Don't know how yours is. We may need to work together and time this beast right. I'm good with shipping on Thursday.

View attachment 1420598108997.jpg

Fins, here's my weather situation. Don't know how yours is. We may need to work together and time this beast right. I'm good with shipping on Thursday.

It may get caught up over the weekend. does shipping on monday work for your schedule and weather?

Ha! Tomorrow's forcasted HIGH here is -1F. I should have shipped just after Christmas when it wasn't so bad. Looks like Monday would be good for shipping weather-wise. I just need to get a package together before then.

FinsFan, any style preferences? I'm probably just going to raid my fridge, I have WAY too much beer here right now.

Ha! Tomorrow's forcasted HIGH here is -1F. I should have shipped just after Christmas when it wasn't so bad. Looks like Monday would be good for shipping weather-wise. I just need to get a package together before then.

FinsFan, any style preferences? I'm probably just going to raid my fridge, I have WAY too much beer here right now.

I enjoy most styles. Not a huge fan of barleywines or light lagers but wouldnt mind one if you think its a great one. I'm up for whatever!

First package has arrived from roscoebrewdog! :rockin: very excited for the headless heron!! What are the two home-brews not labeled? Thanks for the beers!

View attachment 246960

The other two are a wit bier that I threw together. I really like it, let me know your thoughts. Guy at lhbs said the bomber in only distributed up in these parts. Enjoy! :rockin:

The other two are a wit bier that I threw together. I really like it, let me know your thoughts. Guy at lhbs said the bomber in only distributed up in these parts. Enjoy! :rockin:

I havent yet brewed a wit but love the style so i may be asking for a recipe. Thanks again!

That wit was fantastic! Very glad I have a second one I can enjoy. Good work on that. :mug:

What is going on in Chicago? We now have one of the best coaches in the NFL matched with an exciting young GM.

Finsfan, I have your beer boxed, and I'm planning to ship it Saturday. It would be on it's way already, but I've been under the weather.

What is going on in Chicago? We now have one of the best coaches in the NFL matched with an exciting young GM.

Finsfan, I have your beer boxed, and I'm planning to ship it Saturday. It would be on it's way already, but I've been under the weather.

No worries! I went through that last week and know how terrible it can be. Cheers!

The HB is ready now. It was my first attempt at the style. It's descent. A lot better now than it was 6 months ago. Let me know what you think. I'm always open to ways to improve.

I'm not sure on the Bo & Luke. I have one too, but haven't tried it yet. I've heard it's great right now, but haven't talked to anyone who has aged one. Hope you enjoy them both!

The HB is ready now. It was my first attempt at the style. It's descent. A lot better now than it was 6 months ago. Let me know what you think. I'm always open to ways to improve.

I'm not sure on the Bo & Luke. I have one too, but haven't tried it yet. I've heard it's great right now, but haven't talked to anyone who has aged one. Hope you enjoy them both!

I just started reading farmhouse ales this morning and the two beers they cover in that book are saisons and biere de garde's so I was very happy to see that! I will certainly let you know what I think. I will probably just wait for the right moment or company to have the Bo and Luke. Thanks man! :rockin:

Just wanted to say that your homebrew was great and has inspired me to try my hand at the style! Thanks again man :rockin:

Awesome man thanks! Good luck with yours. I'd love to try it when it's ready. Another good one to try is Schlafly Bier De Garde. It's my favorite beer from them and is what inspired me to brew mine.

Awesome man thanks! Good luck with yours. I'd love to try it when it's ready. Another good one to try is Schlafly Bier De Garde. It's my favorite beer from them and is what inspired me to brew mine.

Nice, Im not sure Ive seen that one around here but will certainly keep my eye out for it! And dont hold your breath for mine, it may be awhile. Ive got grain for 5-6 batches and plans for another 5-6 after that which includes the Biere De Garde. I'm always moving around the order of what to brew so you never know, nor do I haha.

Nice, Im not sure Ive seen that one around here but will certainly keep my eye out for it! And dont hold your breath for mine, it may be awhile. Ive got grain for 5-6 batches and plans for another 5-6 after that which includes the Biere De Garde. I'm always moving around the order of what to brew so you never know, nor do I haha.

If you can't find it and want to try it, let me know and I'll send you one. I think I saw it last time I was at the bottle shop.

@firerat , I assume you set me something last week? Just got a notification from UPS and not sure who else it would be from and couldnt remember if you were the only FL member in here. If it's not one of you, I guess I'm getting a mystery box tomorrow haha.

I also updated the list on the OP with who has shipped. Let me know if I missed someone! I've been doing a lot of trading lately so I dont want to overlook someone who I have already got beer from. Cheers all!

I am surprised that lupulinaddict is a no show, he even started a second league, probably a no show there as well. Actually not surprising at all, he stated he only joined HBT to join the league and then abrubtly stopped posting after the season loss.

The DarthCitra is wierd cause he is currently sending out beer in the MAW thread, probably on the way, but what about his friend Mike that has never even posted in the forum? No surprise there.

I looked it over and tried to find a pattern for the deadbeats, but its not as simple as looking at post counts, join dates and membership levels. Be neat to see a condensed league next year of non-deadbeats. Like if you paid up/ or won for 3 years you get higher on the list, the higher on the list, the more likely you can join the non-deadbeat/newbie league.

I am surprised that lupulinaddict is a no show, he even started a second league, probably a no show there as well. Actually not surprising at all, he stated he only joined HBT to join the league and then abrubtly stopped posting after the season loss.

The DarthCitra is wierd cause he is currently sending out beer in the MAW thread, probably on the way, but what about his friend Mike that has never even posted in the forum? No surprise there.

I looked it over and tried to find a pattern for the deadbeats, but its not as simple as looking at post counts, join dates and membership levels. Be neat to see a condensed league next year of non-deadbeats. Like if you paid up/ or won for 3 years you get higher on the list, the higher on the list, the more likely you can join the non-deadbeat/newbie league.

Mine will be out shortly, Got a lot in the works right now. For some reason this thread was unsubscribed on my account. Mine and mike's bottles will go out soon. I'll PM finsfan, Im an a-hole >_<

I'm not a deadbeat, but I tend to be late with my shipments.

I try to make up for it though.

Mine is coming. Every time I plan on shipping the temp drops. Then I forget. Hazards of living in Mn. I swear you will have your box soon.

No worries at all guys! It's kinda nice to get them spread out instead of all at once. Cheers!

Count me in the "I swear I'm not a deadbeat and you'll get it" group.

In fact, consider it a bonus that I'm aging them for you. ;)

I sent my beer for this league, and in the league I started. I understand where you are coming from with your rant, but maybe you should read through the thread and look at post #338 to see that my beer was received.

@finsfan...could you please update the op to show I sent beer. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back