HBT Fantasy Football 2014 #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrats, It's not like anything of value comes along though. maybe 1 or 2 players a week. It seems like a good way to balance against unfortunate drafts.

Well, I actually did get one good grab off the waiver wire last week in Branden Oliver. Unfortunately, I didn't play him last week, but how could I have known that Donald Brown was going to go out with a concussion.

Going back to what TallDan said, a lot of fantasy football is luck. You have to have the right players on your squad and playing well, which all the knowledge in the world can't predict come game day.

I feel like we all have comparably good teams. A lot of winning in fantasy football is luck. The people who normally win have the least amount of points scored against them.

Sitting 4th in points here with Calvin giving me nothing the last 2 weeks. Sitting first in points by 50 in another league. Both (2-3). Oh fantasy football why do you vex me so. It'll level out they say, bad luck they say. You can only say "oh it'll turn around" until it doesn't and the seasons over. Oh well enough of that.

Here's to the season "leveling out" and my eventual comeback into relativity.

Well, I actually did get one good grab off the waiver wire last week in Branden Oliver. Unfortunately, I didn't play him last week, but how could I have known that Donald Brown was going to go out with a concussion.

Going back to what TallDan said, a lot of fantasy football is luck. You have to have the right players on your squad and playing well, which all the knowledge in the world can't predict come game day.

Wow, great job. I don't know players that well and can only pick them based on what they've done recently, so I wouldn't have picked up Oliver until this week.

I went for Carson Palmer who was just sitting there after waivers went through (probably not a good sign) Actually picked him up in all 3 leagues with ease.

Bringing my girlfriend to the Browns game this weekend so she can watch her Steelers play..... Added bonus for me its Cleveland Beer Week celebrating all things craft and homebrew. Might pick up a couple samples for my self and a contingency plan (in case I don't win) but they probably won't last till the end of the season soooo. More for me

Finally, Finsfan and brewcephus play each other! Now we can all look foward to who mathematically clinches the playoffs.

anyone want to trade for one of my te 's? I have witten and reed.

Finally, Finsfan and brewcephus play each other! Now we can all look foward to who mathematically clinches the playoffs.

anyone want to trade for one of my te 's? I have witten and reed.

Im taking my first loss this week. There is no way I can beat him haha.

This league is a fail for me. I'll be back at the end of the season to find out who i send my beer to, Winner gets a Pliney!

This is the only league that I'm still doing good in. All my other leagues have started hitting bye week hell. Hopefully I can stick it out in this one. This is the only one I really care about as it's the only one with anything on the line other than bragging rights :)

Harvin to the Jets!?! That sucks considering I had him starting this week. Anybody need a WR?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

trying to sell cutler, he was a top 5 qb up until his stinker this week. Selling low, just need to get a halfways decent player for him

This has been a fun and competitive league so far. Everyone seems to know the same info, there is nothing left after waivers each week. Just a question.... How many people listen to the 06010?

I don't listen to sports shows, barely have time to watch a game here and there. Mainly just filter the stats and projections and try to find someone with a potential upside.

I've made my best pickups after all the waivers have gone through. The players that show some bright spots I get on waivers usually do horriblly for a few weeks, I drop them, they have 20+ point week and then I try to get them back, but usually don't.

That said, waivers are a lot of fun. Almost like Christmas on Wed mornings. I am really enjoying this fantasy football stuff, even the losing leagues.

Brutal day for Rivers (-2) and the chargers D (-4). I would have been better off playing Manziel (who never got off the bench) and Detroit D who were on a bye.

You would be well served to start the WRs i bench and bench the ones i start. Last week i had Larry Fitzgerald on the bench while he had a great game. I started him this week and had Mike Evans on the bench. Fitzgerald got me 7 points while Evans got 26.4. Anquon Boldin has also had a great first half while sitting on my bench... So frustrating.

You would be well served to start the WRs i bench and bench the ones i start. Last week i had Larry Fitzgerald on the bench while he had a great game. I started him this week and had Mike Evans on the bench. Fitzgerald got me 7 points while Evans got 26.4. Anquon Boldin has also had a great first half while sitting on my bench... So frustrating.

I have no idea what I'm doing, played some guy this week I picked up off waiver who got me 25 points. I just can't figure out how a QB gets negative points, but I guess 4 turnovers will do that.

mhurst you still won... Asiata scored as many touchdowns as my entire team including my defence. Darth I could send you a offer

mhurst you still won... Asiata scored as many touchdowns as my entire team including my defence. Darth I could send you a offer
yeah - I got lucky on that one.
I was watching the end of the monday night game and thought O. Beckahmm Jr was gonna get another 2 points during the last drive. Lucky for me he ran out of bounds a yard short of the first down marker.

Your backup is on a bye and i only need a QB for this week. my ******* had both my QB's on bye at the same time. :drunk:

Ha, sitting here watching the Broncos game cheering on Britt thinking someone will finally pick this guy up, when I soon realize he is was picked up by the opposing team this week. Nice job guy.

With my incredible 1-9 record, I don't think you have much to worry about. I'm in 3 leagues this year and dominating the other 2. This league is killing me but I love fantasy football and just to be playing is worth it.

With my incredible 1-9 record, I don't think you have much to worry about. I'm in 3 leagues this year and dominating the other 2. This league is killing me but I love fantasy football and just to be playing is worth it.

Exactly how I feel. Last year at this point I was doing terrible in the HBT league but still had fun. Its just as much luck as it is anything else.

Yes, there is a lot of luck involved with picking the right players at the right time to be playing in your lineup. After winning 8 straight, I've lost the last 3 because of bye weeks, injuries, etc.

Here's to hoping I can start winning again. :tank: :ban:

Ha, sitting here watching the Broncos game cheering on Britt thinking someone will finally pick this guy up, when I soon realize he is was picked up by the opposing team this week. Nice job guy.

Well I wanted to say nice job pulling out the win by less than a point, but it seems you've never even posted in this thread so not sure you'd ever see it.

Well I wanted to say nice job pulling out the win by less than a point, but it seems you've never even posted in this thread so not sure you'd ever see it.
Haha he saw it, he sits behind me at work. im a bit more active than he is on HBT. :mug:

Back