Fellowship of the Drink IV: I'm out of Lord of the Rings Puns

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Package arrived from k1ngl1ves. Can't wait to tear into them. Going to load them into the beer fridge now.

IMG_0740.jpg

Oh yeah, tell me what the beer is too. It's mine, just not sure what and from when.

Imperial stout.

Initial impression was good flavor-wise, but body was thin.

As it warmed, however, it became freakishly good. Extremely well done.

Bit of luck involved. The Nomura was out in 1 day. WTF is Juice in 2. Austin Beer Works just released that Monday. Don't forget to toss the 4th tap unless you love butter. Glad it all arrived safe and sound! Cheers my friend!

Got Afro_lou's on Thursday but didn't get a picture and only had chance to drink one HenHouse IPA so far out of the box. Took it to a party on Saturday and on Sunday didn't feel like having any beer (Thanks, Saturday night!)

It's a nice load of beers to sample for the next couple weeks. Even got some hot sauce to put in my Chicken Chili on Friday night!

Shout out to Homercidal for this awesome box of goodness that just showed up. Can't wait to dig into all of these, really wish it was Friday again now, lol. And I will be using this box again along with the glass shipper to keep the streak alive.

IMG_0465.jpg

@RevKev I drank your imperial stout over the weekend and have to say that it pours beautifully with a pitch black color and about a 1/4" head that turned into a ring fairly quick. Lots of roast flavor, and damn it was HOT! I bet a good year on the cellar shelf would do that beer well. Overall good flavor. It the alcohol presence was in no way, shape, or form hidden so it took over a lot when you drank it. Overall, nice work.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1489462410.803688.jpg

@RevKev I drank your imperial stout over the weekend and have to say that it pours beautifully with a pitch black color and about a 1/4" head that turned into a ring fairly quick. Lots of roast flavor, and damn it was HOT! I bet a good year on the cellar shelf would do that beer well. Overall good flavor. It the alcohol presence was in no way, shape, or form hidden so it took over a lot when you drank it. Overall, nice work.

View attachment 392617

It definitely will benefit from some age, has ~5 months on it now and I have still about 2.5 gallons sitting around for next winter! I definitely will have quite a few bottles that I will cellar and give out once I do my variants! I'm glad you liked it and thanks for the feedback, it was my first time designing a stout and I went big haha, I apologise for the lack of a nice label didn't have anymore when it came time

Hope you enjoy the rest of the box too!!

Wow, got porch bombed by TBC today. Thanks man for the awesome offer and extras. Glad to see I must break you in the box! I'll be crushing these all weekend.

A little side quest with tlucarelli. The bottles were cold when they arrived (Thanks Snowpocalypse 2017!), so I cracked the Rhinegeist right away! Delicious! Can't wait to empty these! Lol!

20170314_163359.jpg

A little side quest with tlucarelli. The bottles were cold when they arrived (Thanks Snowpocalypse 2017!), so I cracked the Rhinegeist right away! Delicious! Can't wait to empty these! Lol!

Glad they got there safe! Would love feedback on the homebrew also. It's been about 7 months since brew day on that RIS

Wow, got porch bombed by TBC today. Thanks man for the awesome offer and extras. Glad to see I must break you in the box! I'll be crushing these all weekend.

Glad everything made it fine. Let me know what you think about the "I must break you!" Enjoy!

Thinking about having a Big Chicken tonight. Girl from work is coming over to learn more about D&D and I think that will work well for sitting around discussing Character creation, gameplay, etc.

Good thing she doesn't like beer, LOL! More for me!

Thinking about having a Big Chicken tonight. Girl from work is coming over to learn more about D&D and I think that will work well for sitting around discussing Character creation, gameplay, etc.

Excellent choice [emoji6][emoji106]

Are you sure she's really interested in D&D, or is it just an excuse to be around and learn more about you?

I think it's the later. She's not looking for D&D. She's looking for The D...

:ban:

Are you sure she's really interested in D&D, or is it just an excuse to be around and learn more about you?

I think it's the later. She's not looking for D&D. She's looking for The D...

:ban:

I agree, she's not after D&D, maybe some S&M. [emoji6]

Or maybe she DOES want that "Big Chicken"

:ban::ban::ban:

You guys are funny. She was friends with my daughter when they were both in Girl Scouts about 10 years ago or so. She's married as well. There is nothing untowards going on in any way. Her dad died suddenly years ago, so maybe she just feel attracted to my company as a sort of father figure. I don't know.

Anyway, we did play last night. Got a couple of new characters rolled up, and I DM'ed them through a short encounter in a cemetery vs some rats and a Zombie. (And AGAIN my daughter didn't bother to look for loot! She is going to run out of money if she doesn't start looking for it.)

My kid has a date on Sunday to go play more at their house. They are just getting started too. Her husband bought a starter kit for 5E but took it on the road in his truck with him to read up on it. He's going to DM the thing.

Big Chicken was really good, BTW. I wasn't even in the mood when I poured it, but at the first taste I changed my mind. Drank it while making Texas Caviar, Guac, and cooking last night's leftover chicken carcass into stock. Made chicken and rice soup (Didn't have the rice I wanted, so I had to use Brown Rice only. :( )

Finally got home knowing this had been there a few days.

The Scottish ale is from High Cotton in Memphis, not really local to me, but the BEST Scottish ale I've ever had. Whenever someone I know is going through Memphis, I have them pick me up a case or two. SWMBOs favorite.

Love the packaging. I'm definitely reusing all of this. Love the pvc

Last round I sent my package to RevKev like that. I told him to reuse them. I forgot to put my city on the tubes. Put on them Douglasville, GA to San Diego, CA and the date I sent them, then put your city and state and where you send them to with the date, and let's see how far they go and how long they last. I think it is the perfect way to send bottles and glasses. I paid about $10 for ten feet of pipe, and got eight tubes for shipping out of it.

Latest posts

Back