Fellowship of the Drink III: The Return of the (beer) kings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say, it's really impressive how many picks came from the top parts of people's lists no matter where in the order they were.

Was fun hosting. I thought it would make it easier to pick being able to see offers early. It did not in the slightest. Just like with last round I think I would have been happy with any of the offers.

Took the older guy to a hockey game and just getting on the ferry home. Pumped to get AfroLou's goodies

Thanks for hosting @cegan09! This just keeps getting better with each go around. Very interesting to see ppl's choices. Although near the end, I still got one in my top third of choices. Great game everyone!

Nice. I even have your address somewhere. This is what the third package you'll get from me? Hope you enjoy.

Yeah the 3rd time. When it was my turn 2 of my top 6 were there and I went back and forth and decided on yours based on the glass and the imperial stouts. I like big beers. I like them A lot. Let me know if you need my address.

Very nice round, these picks get harder and harder.

I will admit that the Night Shift logo was a huge influence, who can resist a hop owl?

Thanks for hosting cegan09, great job. And I'm not just saying that because I was the first pick. This was my first time in anything like this and I had a blast. Sorry I couldn't do it live, but I could NOT miss the Falcons take apart the Packers like they were a pee wee team. It's so rare that we get to see that for ANY sport here. I won all the way around today, and thanks everyone for playing. I spent about 4 hours last night trying to decide the order of my draft, because ALL the offers looked so good. The sours from PatrickGoss would have been the first to go, but I had to think of my wife, she loves stouts and hates sours.

Sorry I missed the live event. I just plain forgot! Got to brewing an IPA yesterday and didn't remember until I got PMs for sending/receiving the beers.

I picked 17th, and got my first choice! I have to restate that choosing was very difficult. Such a great bunch of beer!

Now to go find the shipping container I'll need. I'll try to pack them up tonight and get them sent out tomorrow.

Cheers!

@GaZooBrew when I opened up the package I literally said "No **** why didn't I think of that!"

Phenomenal packaging!! I think I may steal you idea from now on if that's alright with you.. And thank you very kindly for the extras I cannot wait to crack into them!! :sly:

View attachment 1485449240306.jpg

View attachment 1485449247703.jpg

@GaZooBrew when I opened up the package I literally said "No **** why didn't I think of that!"

Phenomenal packaging!! I think I may steal you idea from now on if that's alright with you.. And thank you very kindly for the extras I cannot wait to crack into them!! :sly:

Is that PVC? If so, that beats my vacuum sealing.

@Thorrak the eagle has landed, let's see the goods!

Speaking of which, tracking info sent to @EcuPirate07

@EcuPirate07 really came through on this one. I haven't had a chance to try the beers yet - they're chilling now - but the glass was the perfect vessel for a Ten Fidy I had ready to go. Excited!

2017-01-26 19.17.53.jpg

Yeah. I work for USPS and saw some large mailing tubes and thought they would be indestructible if they were inside of a box. But couldn't find any cardboard ones big enough, so went to big box hardware, found sewer drain PVC, which is thinner than schedule 40, and only $10 for 10 feet, plenty tough enough. Bet you could probably only use them 40 or 50 times before they wear out, so use them up. Maybe add your city each time they're used, and see how far they travel. Hope you like the beers. Orpheus tart plum is one of my personal favorites.

Package received from @relampago. The divine reserve was a nice surprise to go with all the others since I haven't had any of that series yet either. Thanks!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1485617068.029679.jpg

Edit: I'm not sure if it was mentioned anywhere previously, but it would be good for everyone to leave feedback for the person that sent their box

I would think everyone would maybe wait until after they received all shipments

Agreed. Then we first need to see if @GaBrewZoo is ready since it seems that according to custom, he would be asked to run the next one since he was first pick. One can break custom, I would assume, but that comes with 15 years of brewing issues. [emoji14]

I will gladly host the next version. Let's get this round over with, and I'll see about getting the next round started. Mid Feb, maybe? I told cegan09 that I probably couldn't handle it with my work schedule, but I have since decided that I would be honored to do it.

I will gladly host the next version. Let's get this round over with, and I'll see about getting the next round started. Mid Feb, maybe? I told cegan09 that I probably couldn't handle it with my work schedule, but I have since decided that I would be honored to do it.

Worst case, if you start it off and find you'd like help, I'm happy to provide it (as would @cegan09 or @scturo I'm sure).

Yes, it's very cool that you are willing to handle the raffle. But it isn't mandatory. It's a rule that is in place to more easily get the Fellowship rolling. In this forum however, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of people willing to run the thread. So if you feel like you need help, or life gets too busy to run it, just say so, and like @Thorrak said, someone will be willing to help. :tank:

I am honored to host the next round. Me and the wife are in Orlando right now, saw Billy Joel concert, relaxing, visiting family and breweries, not necessarily in that order. Give me a few days to get home, and I'll see about getting the next round started.

Nah, I actually typed that before I saw you post. Just meant everybody probably be waiting on me.:D:D

Back