Fellowship of the Drink III: The Return of the (beer) kings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@skeezerpleezer what do you think of Orpheus?

I am not a big fan. Lots of inconsistencies and general quality issues keep me from buying the stuff. Some locals like it, but none of my friends do.

They do have a couple big stouts that are normally good. Ferryman is out now, Hazelnut imperial stout. Not much Hazelnut but a pretty good imperial stout.

Creature Comforts is the best brewery in the state by far, and also about the only GA stuff I buy. But I also travel a lot so end up bringing lots of out of distro stuff hoe to drink. For other locals, 3 taverns had been putting out some good stuff lately, Monday Might has some decent stuff also. If you are going through Atlanta let me know and I can give you some tips.

I am not a big fan. Lots of inconsistencies and general quality issues keep me from buying the stuff. Some locals like it, but none of my friends do.

They do have a couple big stouts that are normally good. Ferryman is out now, Hazelnut imperial stout. Not much Hazelnut but a pretty good imperial stout.

Creature Comforts is the best brewery in the state by far, and also about the only GA stuff I buy. But I also travel a lot so end up bringing lots of out of distro stuff hoe to drink. For other locals, 3 taverns had been putting out some good stuff lately, Monday Might has some decent stuff also. If you are going through Atlanta let me know and I can give you some tips.

Thanks for the heads up, I had seen some of there stuff in Augusta, but had not gotten any yet.

I went to CC over the summer, I thought Automatic was better than Tropicalia, Athena was great!

My bro in law and I are planning a weekend trip up to Ashville, I will be in Charlotte the end of March. I am advising our robotics team for SECON this year. A former colleague wants to meet up at NoDa while I am in town.

@pointcity-homebrew I know I gave you a bunch of info for Asheville but I'm told Heist Brewing in CLT is a must too. Haven't been able to get out that way yet. But just a heads up

@pointcity-homebrew I know I gave you a bunch of info for Asheville but I'm told Heist Brewing in CLT is a must too. Haven't been able to get out that way yet. But just a heads up

Appreciate the heads up, we may got to both. I am not allowed to be in the testing room when the team is performing their final tests before the competition on Saturday.

^^^^ I think I've had that one. That was a solid brew.

Really guys, have you priced packing materials lately? It's cheaper to just fill the box with beer!

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
When does the next round start got in the 1st one and been busy for the last too. But I am ready to give it a go again.

When does the next round start got in the 1st one and been busy for the last too. But I am ready to give it a go again.

Welcome back, I think GaBrewZoo said he'll try to get the next round going later this month. Some people might still be waiting on boxes.

Just got my package from JDXX1971. Looking forward to getting into these this weekend maybe. At least 2 or 3 of them. How about we get the next round started in a week or so. My first experience with something like this, and I had a blast doing it. I'm also excited to be hosting next round. Thanks again to cegan09 for hosting this round. Great job, hope I can do as well.

FOTD3.jpg

Just received my package from Jerbrew. Can't wait to try the Big Bad Baptist and the Nightmare on Brett.

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

I need to come clean. I made fun of Homercidal for not finishing his beers from this trade yet, and I finally opened the first bottle from the box I received 11 days ago. I'm still ready for the next round, however. And I really, really, really hope I can score a box of stouts again. There's just something special about a roasty, boozy stout.

I need to come clean. I made fun of Homercidal for not finishing his beers from this trade yet, and I finally opened the first bottle from the box I received 11 days ago. I'm still ready for the next round, however. And I really, really, really hope I can score a box of stouts again. There's just something special about a roasty, boozy stout.

I'm enjoying that Sohio a slight bit under 60 degrees. Such a great beer.

Somehow, (after the Sohio and a bottle of mead from 2014), I wandered into my local beer store, (1000 feet from my house), I managed to come home with a beer I swore I'd never buy, (Beer for Breakfast...scrapple in the mash? F$%k you!), a new Troeg's beer I didn't know existed, (First Cut IPA), a quad, (Three Philosophers, Ommegang), and a 3xIPA, (Hi-Res, Sixpoint).

Needless to say, I intended on mowing through the rest of the stouts received in the trade, but got very sidetracked. Tomorrow, first up, however, will be the BA Dark Apparition.

I think the only reason I came home with IPA's is because there was so little in the way of other styles available. Well, that, and the fact that I was half buzzed when I walked in.

I did the BA DA for breakfast. No eggs, just beer. It was damn good. Java and BORIS are up next, and then I'll definitely be ready for the next trade.

If Jackie O's ever makes it to PA, there will be DA in my house at all times.

I'm still working my way through my beers. I don't think I had any this weekend, though. Friday I tried a new local beer that just felt like the best choice with dinner.

Saturday I helped at the annual band booster Winter Carnival and afterward we went to the local dive for an "after Carnival meeting". During the meeting I had a mug each of Two Hearted, Hopscape, All-Day IPA, and Perrin Black. And while I had stepped out for second one of the teachers took a big swig of my Perrin Black and ordered me another one to replace what he drank.

Oh, and a couple of shots of Fireball. Good thing this place is only a couple of blocks away! I felt pretty decent on Sunday, all things considered, but the wife ate sparingly and basically slept and watched TV. This may be only the second time I've been less hungover than her.

I managed to transfer some beer into kegs and secondary and the tastes were enough beer for me that day.

I am looking for a nice recipe for dinner tonight, and something that will go well with one of the beers from imasickboy. Or maybe I just drink the beer while cooking and not worry about pairing.

Back